Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Repeated glitches with UA site and phone bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Repeated glitches with UA site and phone bookings

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Repeated glitches with UA site and phone bookings

It's been over a year since I've interacted with United in any way, but now I'm trying to book award tix for September on AC using UA miles. I've run into repeated glitches with both the site and phone service, such as:

1. Getting part-way through the online booking, then the site telling me it's unable to complete the process.
2. At times, very slow loading of flight options.
3. Phone messages a few different times at the Premier Plat line at various times of day, saying a CSR will be available in 5-10 minutes, and then no answer after 45 minutes.
4. Getting a callback on a call when I'd chosen that option, then United unable to recognize that I've made a selection when I've pushed "1" saying I'm ready to talk.

I don't think the site or phone problems are anything on my end, and was able to make an online booking once that I then had to cancel. Is there any option other than to just keep trying and hope I get lucky?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
1. Getting part-way through the online booking, then the site telling me it's unable to complete the process.
Sounds like phantom award space. If you can get through to an agent, they probably won't be able to see it either. Try to search for availability on ANA and/or Aeroplan to confirm award space.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks very much. No, not phantom award space, but still all sorts of glitches. Anyway, I was able to ticket it in the end online.
kevflyer likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Similar problems yesterday. Had a schedule change and was searching for better options. Search results would suddenly come up empty and I’d apparently be back to not being logged in (“Sign In” was showing). So it looked like the web session was being dropped. Other times the flight source/destination search boxes would become incredibly sluggish. I gave up and called.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Similar issues to djmp, though as I'd noted I finally was able to book online.

FWIW, yet another problem I had was, re both award and revenue business class tix, I'd get to the last step before purchase, check the details, and find that the booking was stated as being in coach rather than business. In both cases, after trying it a few times it finally showed business (at least once after turning my laptop off and on).
Old Mar 11, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Yesterday and today I was having problems with the website. When looking for flights, the "find flights" button would not do anything; I was constantly logged out. It would freeze and crash; there would be no flights. Managed to book a flight but was shown an error and told to call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.