Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Booking Economy Saver on partner (LH); What happens if business opens up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

I have a trip to Europe planned for March. Right now, if I book an economy saver award on Lufthansa (using United miles), and Lufthansa, the day before opens up business awards, can I upgrade by adding the miles?

Thanks.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 15, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
You can *change* to business, perhaps pending availability in award travel for all other segments of your itinerary.

The change is not free unless you are 1k or above.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by LaxJumbo
I have a trip to Europe planned for March. Right now, if I book an economy saver award on Lufthansa (using United miles), and Lufthansa, the day before opens up business awards, can I upgrade by adding the miles?

Thanks.
Bit of advice if this happens and you call in - never mention the word upgrade. You’ll almost certainly lose the agent. Just call and say you want to change to business now that it’s open. Will have to pay the applicable change fee(s).
jsloan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.