Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I like my food spicy hot so I have considered bringing a small bottle of hot sauce to be used on the spicy chicken. It would also help for the pre-landing omelet.
I like cholula, very tasty, not too spicy.
Cholula and narvik like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by zitsky
I like cholula, very tasty, not too spicy.
I heard that!
SS255, big V, choch345 and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
the poached cod is garbage. How much chicken is on the menu. So you may end up with a chicken appetizer, chicken main dish then chicken before landing.

Pathetic
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:20 pm

Typical menus for my out and back TATL flights from EWR this week seem to be very good.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
I heard that!
Hahahahahahaha.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
MUC-IAH today same as TXL-EWR above
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I would just love those steaks with chimichurri sauce that show up on p.s. flights on longhauls. Or at least bring back my old tamale-filled chicken breast and cracker selection with the cheese.
+1 love the tamale chicken! That was a favorite of mine on pmCO EWR-SNA flights!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Everyone's tolerance for spicy is different but as someone who does like some spicy but not extreme spiciness -- I would rate the UA dish as mildly spice -- just barely noticeable.
Concur. I would call it tasty with a gentle kick, but I do tend to like a strong kick in my food. I definitely know people who would find this too spicy for their liking. I think the lemongrass chicken is probably spicier in terms of raw heat. However, I think the only tiime I've had meals I'd consider genuinely spicy are once or twice with a TG book-the-cook meal (and even there, I've had the basil chicken a few times and it was just the one time that I was a bit surprised by the heat).
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cricketer
Concur. I would call it tasty with a gentle kick, but I do tend to like a strong kick in my food. I definitely know people who would find this too spicy for their liking. I think the lemongrass chicken is probably spicier in terms of raw heat. However, I think the only tiime I've had meals I'd consider genuinely spicy are once or twice with a TG book-the-cook meal (and even there, I've had the basil chicken a few times and it was just the one time that I was a bit surprised by the heat).
Ever since I got food poisoning and spent half the LAX-SIN flight in the lavatory after eating that particular chicken dish, I have not been able to order it again...

(disclaimer-link to my blog)
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I would just love those steaks with chimichurri sauce that show up on p.s. flights on longhauls. Or at least bring back my old tamale-filled chicken breast and cracker selection with the cheese.
Ahh, the tamale chicken! Where did it go?? It used to be a staple of my SFO-IAD runs and it was delicious.

Originally Posted by zitsky
How spicy is the spicy chicken? I don't do spicy but it sounds interesting.
I would agree with most posters here -- "mild" on a scale that actually has spicy food (i.e. to get "hot" you have to stare down to waiter and convince him you know what you're talking about), and "hot" on the scale where you order the "three peppers of spicy" on the menu and you still aren't sure if it has flavor.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Aug 7, HND-SFO — the Japanese set menu in J. I didn't manage to snap the menu but it was some of the worst food I've enjoyed in J. It's impressively bad, so bad that I regret not just packing a few packed meals from 7/11 or Lawson. Disgusting, dry food that tasted stale. Service was atrocious (no beverage refills, only one pass with the cart). I'll just go with ANA again next time.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 8, 2018 at 11:03 pm Reason: Moved to Polaris meal thread
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by caliform
Aug 7, HND-SFO — the Japanese set menu in J. I didn't manage to snap the menu but it was some of the worst food I've enjoyed in J. It's impressively bad, so bad that I regret not just packing a few packed meals from 7/11 or Lawson. Disgusting, dry food that tasted stale. Service was atrocious (no beverage refills, only one pass with the cart). I'll just go with ANA again next time.
Did you get refills or additional services on request, or they completely ignored/refused to provide drink refills or any other services during the flight?

Usually the Japanese meal is very good, although I only have it ex-NRT or ex-SFO, so I am surprised it was bad this time - dry is not a word I would use to describe the UA washoku, for me, it's usually too wet with way too much use of various jellies and aspic.
EWR764 likes this.

Last edited by bocastephen; Aug 8, 2018 at 11:17 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I had the halibut with shrimp on HKG-SFO this week and it was excellent!!! Best UA meal in some time. Came with a slightly syrupy sweet and sour-type sauce that was actually pretty good.

Great crew as well.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Did you get refills or additional services on request, or they completely ignored/refused to provide drink refills or any other services during the flight?

Usually the Japanese meal is very good, although I only have it ex-NRT or ex-SFO, so I am surprised it was bad this time - dry is not a word I would use to describe the UA washoku, for me, it's usually too wet with way too much use of various jellies and aspic.
My last two flights Europe to ORD had the same inadequate beverage service
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer

My last two flights Europe to ORD had the same inadequate beverage service
But don't you know that, according to some, all you have to do is RING THE CALL BUTTON! It's apparently crazy of some of us to expect a little proactive, helpful, customer-oriented service that doesn't put the burden on the passenger to feel like a nuisance to the chatty FAs in the galley.
iluv2fly, demkr and truncated like this.

Last edited by st530; Aug 10, 2018 at 1:57 pm Reason: discuss the issue;not the poster(s)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.