Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by N104UA
I agree that UA could up their international beer menu (domestic is pretty good) at least out of HKG they had local beers, it makes me crazy that only Bud and Heineken are offered out of Germany.
They used to have local beers out of different countries...("changes we'll like")
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by zappa42m
Thanks for the photos. I'll fly SIN-LAX next April. What do they serve at the "anytime ala carte menu" ?
Today it was chicken and rice. Quite tasty.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
1/16 ua 64 lis-ewr. B757

This flight is a 10 AM departure from LIS. The only major service issue was they ran out of one of the two offered white wines after the first beverage service. According to the very apologetic FA, the wine is double catered on this flight, and there were only three bottles left for the return to EWR. She told me this is an ongoing issue with this flight and she has written up the situation numerous times. She told me that since UA offers the Bloody Mary/Mimosa cart on this flight, they assume less wine will be needed, but this never turns out to be the case.
Bloody Mary cart

First beverage service

Appetizer and salad

Fish main. Beans were pretty terrible.

Cheese course

Sundae and sweets (and Bailey's)

Chicken pre-arrival meal (same terrible beans).
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Why don’t they serve the ice cream in the same type of bowl they put the salad in or use the old sundae bowls before Polaris. ? I mean HOW LONG have they been doing the paper cup thing and say “we are working in a new bowl” they should be embarrassed at this point.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
Ord-PVG

Flight is at 9:40 and says it’s breakfast. Any ideas what to expect? Is it really a breakfast or is it really lunch?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
This flight is a 10 AM departure from LIS. The only major service issue was they ran out of one of the two offered white wines after the first beverage service. According to the very apologetic FA, the wine is double catered on this flight, and there were only three bottles left for the return to EWR. She told me this is an ongoing issue with this flight and she has written up the situation numerous times. She told me that since UA offers the Bloody Mary/Mimosa cart on this flight, they assume less wine will be needed, but this never turns out to be the case. .
Thanks for reporting, rhesq!
Do you recall what that appetizer was?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by nyr2299
Flight is at 9:40 and says it’s breakfast. Any ideas what to expect? Is it really a breakfast or is it really lunch?
It's lunch. Took it in late November '17 and wondered the same thing.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nyr2299
Lunch. Breakfast comes in the early afternoon just before landing.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Does anyone know how DEN-NRT has been catered recently given the temporary kitchen shutdown?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Does anyone know how DEN-NRT has been catered recently given the temporary kitchen shutdown?
IIRC, indications are the plane comes in from IAD, where the catering is loaded up and saved for the NRT flight. They then serve on the DEN->NRT route.
So no real impact to the actual catering / menu / etc.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
It looks like the inbound flight from IAD RONs at DEN before departing for NRT the next day. I'm not familiar enough with catering policy and logistics, but isn't there a food safety risk here? At least 24 hours would have elapsed between when the meals are prepared at IAD and serving onboard UA143.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
IIRC, indications are the plane comes in from IAD, where the catering is loaded up and saved for the NRT flight. They then serve on the DEN->NRT route.
So no real impact to the actual catering / menu / etc.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Thanks for reporting, rhesq!
Do you recall what that appetizer was?
I don't have the menu in front of me for the exact description, but it was mozzarella cheese with tomato and an olive oil/vinegar dressing. The tomatoes in the picture look pretty bad, but the taste was ok.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 764toHI
It looks like the inbound flight from IAD RONs at DEN before departing for NRT the next day. I'm not familiar enough with catering policy and logistics, but isn't there a food safety risk here? At least 24 hours would have elapsed between when the meals are prepared at IAD and serving onboard UA143.
I am not sure either. I wasn't aware the plane RONs. I assumed it was a pretty quick turn when I read in the DEN catering thread about the NRT flight being catered from another station.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
SFO-FRA 77W printed wine list:
Saget La Petite Perriere 2016 Sav Blanc (Loire Valley)
Landmark 2014 Overlook Chardonnay (Sonoma County)
Lungarotti 2014 Rubesco Rossi di Torgiano Sangiovese (Umbria)
Chateau Greysac 2012 Médoc Cru Bourgeois (Bordeaux)

Champagne listed as Ask FA. The Asian fusion noodle soup is on the menu. Will post pics/more tim tomorrow.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:33 pm

Any photos for flights from Tokyo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.