Search

Employee class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Employee class

ORD-FRA UA944 today.
Only 2 paid F and 11 employees on the waiting list.
Hope it’s not a party gang and the FAs stay professional
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
ORD-FRA UA944 today.
And you know this how? Because I looked at the actual listing and who cleared and it doesn't quite match up with your assessment.

Don't really understand the point of these threads. I've encountered far more situations of revenue customers making a ruckus than I have the so called non-rev flying party.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
In flight now! Hope we get an update on the slightly classist post upon landing.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Great title!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
I've heard complaints about this in the past. A couple weeks ago cleared at the gate LHR-EWR into F when it was booked 0/6 and the other 4 pax outside of pilot rest were all EE upgrades -- if I wasn't dissecting the upgrade list, I wouldn't have known the difference beyond the pilot in uniform. I am guessing incidents of rowdy employees partying in F are quite few and far between...
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
I'd be willing to bet that at least one of the "paid F" seats was actually an air marshal. I've seen at least one on every one of my international flights this year. Many flights had two. Maybe they're there to keep the "party" in check!

It's a good reason for GF to go away. Not that many people actually paying for the seats.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
ORD-FRA UA944 today.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Don't really understand the point of these threads. I've encountered far more situations of revenue customers making a ruckus than I have the so called non-rev flying party.
I've only ever had one non-rev acting poorly. A quick reminder of his status, and a promise of an email to his endorser should the behavior continue, and problem solved. Didn't even need to send the email.

I can't exactly do the same with revenue pax.

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
I am guessing incidents of rowdy employees partying in F are quite few and far between...
Exactly.
codex57 and lincolnjkc like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:16 pm

OK, I'll bite.

(1) Yes, I have been in this exact situation. Only 2 people at F lounge (including me), when I boarded the other person was in 1A, I was in 1K (744, RIP). Got curious and checked the app, and sure enough, all others were double upgraded.

(2) No, the nonrevs were not disruptive or even anywhere rude, although many of them were extra chatty with the FAs (which was fine, did not interfere with service)

(3) If anyone is wondering why GF is going away...
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
I am guessing incidents of rowdy employees partying in F are quite few and far between...
I've had some really pleasant NRSA seatmates in long-haul J.

Originally Posted by radiowell
No, the nonrevs were not disruptive or even anywhere rude, although many of them were extra chatty with the FAs (which was fine, did not interfere with service)
This has been my only issue, and then only when it interferes with service to the rest of the cabin (or keeps me awake on an overnight). Had this happen just last week on DL HNL-SLC.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
And you know this how? Because I looked at the actual listing and who cleared and it doesn't quite match up with your assessment.

i know it because the purser said so and because all the people ultimately ending up in F were on all 3 lists.
But well behaved crowd.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
One of the few times I have been with a large number of non-revs was an ORD-EWR flight in the GF seats. I was one of two paying customers and most of the time the six non-revs either hung out in the galley or helped crew the cabin. It was like having eight people serving you and I have to say it was quite nice.
tuolumne, narvik and k.hiramoto like this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i know it because the purser said so and because all the people ultimately ending up in F were on all 3 lists.
But well behaved crowd.
It has been proven again and again that just because someone is on all 3 lists does not mean they are an employee.
PBAudit likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
It has been proven again and again that just because someone is on all 3 lists does not mean they are an employee.
But does almost certainly mean they are pass riders.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by raehl311
But does almost certainly mean they are pass riders.
Except for other cases, like displaced irrop customers when there is no confirmable space.
Baze, narvik, canadiancow and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.