Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random / little known premier benefits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Ask for one next time they should give it to you.

I'm flying US to LHR soon, who do we ask to get the fast track pass?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jayzala
I'm flying US to LHR soon, who do we ask to get the fast track pass?
the friendliest FA you see.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by david_oz
free snack boxes for 1k is one of my favourites! i get one almost every domestic flight
And on a short flight, you basically get more food than in F (refreshments)

As for rare, little known/unadvertised benefits ... Getting lodging and food vouchers for a delay/cancellation even if due to weather if you are 1K or GS. I've never met a GA who was aware of this (though it is very rare this happens). However, UA has reimbursed me afterwards. Though one time, I had to get uainsider to help.

It's no longer available, but getting GE paid for if you were Plat or higher was a nice benefit that many people seemed to be unaware of. I know many people that paid for it eventhough they could have gotten it for free.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by eng3
As for rare, little known/unadvertised benefits ... Getting lodging and food vouchers for a delay/cancellation even if due to weather if you are 1K or GS. I've never met a GA who was aware of this (though it is very rare this happens). However, UA has reimbursed me afterwards. Though one time, I had to get uainsider to help.

It's no longer available, but getting GE paid for if you were Plat or higher was a nice benefit that many people seemed to be unaware of. I know many people that paid for it even though they could have gotten it for free.
I was not aware of the weather delay/cancellation benefit and I am at around 50% for my UA flights. Do you just approach the GA? Is there a link to where this benefit is published somewhere?

Yes, the removal of paying for GE was one of the tipping points for moving from the MP Chase CC to Amex Platinum CC. (Well that and I have access to a great lounge in SAN for my domestic UA flights and non-UA international flights.) Since not many people were aware of the benefit how much did that cost saving measure really save as for a number of 1K and GS members I am sure their employers would pay???
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
And on a short flight, you basically get more food than in F (refreshments)

It's no longer available, but getting GE paid for if you were Plat or higher was a nice benefit that many people seemed to be unaware of. I know many people that paid for it eventhough they could have gotten it for free.
I got GE that way and was thrilled. I now have the CSR card because it needs to get renewed in 2018. If you did this when it was announced-ish, probably time to check the expiration date on your GE card.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I was not aware of the weather delay/cancellation benefit and I am at around 50% for my UA flights. Do you just approach the GA? Is there a link to where this benefit is published somewhere?
I've only used this benefit a couple times. Usually I don't bother arguing with a GA because it usually won't accomplish much and I know the GA is busy especially during IRROPS. I've never had an issue getting UA to reimburse me afterwards though. And that way I get to choose which hotel I stay in. I don't know if there's a limit though.
As for food, it was $7/meal, $21/day though I think this may have gone up. They would not reimburse anything else (ie. rental car)

There was only one occasion where the UA customer service person I spoke to was "mis-informed". I had to get UA Insider to step in. Back then, UA Insider was alot more active on here. I even asked something like "Is this still a benefit" and confirmed "yes".
Aussienarelle likes this.

Last edited by eng3; Nov 14, 2017 at 12:19 pm
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:40 pm

Don't know if this is a benefit, but once I got to 1K, it seemed like I was treated more like a human being. Everytime I've sat next to a pilot, FA, etc, when they notice I'm 1K, they always thank me and tell me UA should value 1K's more. I never got that below 1K. So maybe it is instilled in the UA culture to treat 1K or higher's better.
While it's not really a tangible benefit, having people treat you nicely can make a difference. (Ofcourse, everyone should always be treated nicely)

Also, I think status goes in to the equation for determining customer service compensation amounts. They have been extremely generous this year in particular. When I speak to silvers, golds, they seem to get far less compensation for far bigger issues.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Unpublished but *Gs get free SDC in addition to Gold & up. Really miss it since AA only give it to EXPs.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Is there still a cooperative, or low level membership offered with Regus offices?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by jacobguo
Unpublished but *Gs get free SDC in addition to Gold & up. Really miss it since AA only give it to EXPs.
I'd be interested to find out any extra *G benefits on other airlines.
For example, back when US existed, I'd get a free checked bag with *G (or maybe it was *S back then)
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
For example, back when US existed, I'd get a free checked bag with *G (or maybe it was *S back then)
Same here, I always think there must be something I'm missing when I fly other *A.

For as much as I disliked US, I had the same experience as you with benefits, and I flew them quite a bit ORD-CLT back in the day. I never saw anything published and was usually surprised when they skipped a fee, or gave me a better seat, or whatever.

I've also been upgraded to F on AC as a *G. It would be really useful to understand if there are ways to increase your odds of getting some of these random perks.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Back when I was Chairman's Preferred with USAirways, they always gave me a free Club membership for my wife when I paid for my membership. I'm soon to become UA 1K and I wish this would be a benefit for the few times that my dear wife travels alone not on an international flight. And the Chairman's Preferred angels where the best of the best. There was never a problem that they could not deal with.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
The use of LH F check-in counters for *G isn't directly published. IIRC, the *G logo shows on several check-in counters, so you don't always know you can use F.
Aussienarelle likes this.

Last edited by tods27; Nov 14, 2017 at 3:36 pm
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tods27
The use of LH F check-in counters fro *G isn't directly published. IIRC, the *G logo shows on several check-in counters, so you don't always know you can use F.
I experienced the same with TP. *G using the business check-in counters.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Back when I was Chairman's Preferred with USAirways, they always gave me a free Club membership for my wife when I paid for my membership. I'm soon to become UA 1K and I wish this would be a benefit for the few times that my dear wife travels alone not on an international flight. And the Chairman's Preferred angels where the best of the best. There was never a problem that they could not deal with.
I can't think of any benefit that extends to a spouse traveling alone other than if you are a MM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.