Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New safety video (Sep 2017):”Safety is Global III”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL

uploaded today to youtube:

-kangaroo is back for another cameo
-no polaris appearance (the 77W that was being filmed at ONT must be for a winter olympics commercial only)
-my favorite part is the mom wearing the 787 bib, while the kid is a 737. well played.

not bad, kinda meh overall.

Last edited by riphamilton; Sep 20, 2017 at 11:11 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:13 am

Pretty clever having mom be the 787 while the small child is the 737.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:13 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
Interesting statement at the end of the video "at United we're connecting people." Wonder if they're giving up on the "Friendly Skies" line.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Ha! For the third "edition" in a row, they still have the awkward sentence construction in the exit rows instruction: "If you are unable or uncomfortable, please ask a flight attendant to be moved."

Uh, why would I want the flight attendant to be moved?

It should be, "If you are unable or uncomfortable, please ask a flight attendant to find you a different seat."
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
this post me think of

this:

greg99, jinglish, pkbroch and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:18 am

Surprised they still went with the high production value safety video. Nice to see.

Delta dropped that in favor of traditional corporate when Bastian came on board.

AA I guess still has the art themed video.
tuolumne likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Neat! I like the Oscar cameo. The 787/737 thing is funny. Was looking to see if Grandpa was around in a 747 jersey....
cruiserchris likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wxguy
Ha! For the third "edition" in a row, they still have the awkward sentence construction in the exit rows instruction: "If you are unable or uncomfortable, please ask a flight attendant to be moved."

It should be, "If you are unable or uncomfortable, please ask a flight attendant to find you a different seat."
It does actually say "...ask the flight attendant..." which sounds slightly better.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by wxguy

LOL. Could also say "ask a flight attendant to move you."
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:58 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I'm just glad there were no bagpipes in this one. For some reason they were extremely loud.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:53 pm

Lederhosen! Can't tell where that is in Bavaria though...Maybe Nuremburg or Bamberg or Munich?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I'm just glad there were no bagpipes in this one. For some reason they were extremely loud.
Thanks for getting the bagpipe soundtrack stuck in my head, pal!

I knew I had watched the one this replaces far too often when a friend posted a selfie involving a llama, and I instantly thought "United safety video!"

(And now you probably have a Peruvian-folk version of Rhapsody in Blue stuck in your head. You're welcome?)
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Hearkening back to the kangaroo in the first video, I still flinch every time the FA in subsequent videos says "tear open the pouch."
DJ_Iceman, diburning and PVDProf like this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Lederhosen! Can't tell where that is in Bavaria though...Maybe Nuremburg or Bamberg or Munich?
Rothenburg ob der tauber --> Franconia
tuolumne and drewguy like this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA GS
The video is cute, but my main complaint about the high priced video is that they keep them around too long. I'm afraid this video will get very old if it's around another two years. That samba music in particular...

At least I won't be hearing "Babe?" by the left-at-the-altar bride anymore.
cruiserchris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.