Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[light hearted) What UA flyer list would you top?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[light hearted) What UA flyer list would you top?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I'm not whether to be impressed with you, or with the fact that UA actually catered that many Lagunitas on a domestic flight
The flight crew was _awesome_ on this particular journey. I was in 1B and the stewardess was there with a new can every time I would set mine in the corner with the sides crushed in slightly (holdover from college days, I guess).
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Oh hey, I got one for myself

Most drink chits received via physical mail after the flight I was supposed to receive them for happened.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by riphamilton
seven 312s on a 1am BOS-EWR flight (including PDBs), back when those were things a couple of years back. we had an AWESOME FA, and even had A side window seats for a hudson river approach to EWR. tremendous flight.

we were connecting to an early EWR-PBI, so the booze enabled a 3hr nap on an exquisite piece of EWR carpet.
Wow, might have me beat for 6 G&Ts on a DCA-EWR (to be fair, one of them was a mini of gin I did not manage to drink as five was quite enough!).
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
Most times as first loser for a CPU.

Probably not the record holder, but sometimes it seems like it.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Mileage Plan
I'm probably not the winner in this, but I gotta be close to the most PQM'S earned without status. I'm at 44k this year, and I'm still $340 away from silver
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
1) I'm surprised that UA catered so many Mules so as to have that many left over. On the flights I've been on, they're far more prone to run out than have a bunch left over.

2) I've received bottles of wine on two occasions, once for reaching 1mm and once for winning half-way-to-Hawaii guessing game. Neither presenter expected them to be uncorked and consumed before landing.
That reminds me, I might have a shot at the youngest wine bottle winner—I won a bottle of wine for the guess-half-way-to-Hawaii game at the ripe old age of 10.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Not exactly something to talk about:

I may have credited the most SQ flight activies in the M+ account.

I love flying SQ, and have been its PPS member almost as long as I have been a GS member (over a decade and counting). I have not credited one single mile of SQ activies in the Krisflyer account. My Krisflyer account has minimum balace (from Silk Air and Virgin Australia).

I credt everting into M+ because I need the GPUs. I use as many GPUs as I can get for family award travel use (redeem from my account).

On the other hand, I miss all those hard to get SQ awards in its premium class and suits on the A380
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
My cousin is around 90% on DL (based on BHM). It's uncanny how often he is delayed. Whenever I'm delayed (which isn't often at all), I tag my cousin on FB and blame him.
I'm in this group...and I top the list of people who say to others on the plane more than anyone: "The reason why this flight is late is because I'm on it..."
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
1) I'm surprised that UA catered so many Mules so as to have that many left over. On the flights I've been on, they're far more prone to run out than have a bunch left over.

2) I've received bottles of wine on two occasions, once for reaching 1mm and once for winning half-way-to-Hawaii guessing game. Neither presenter expected them to be uncorked and consumed before landing.
It was a 6pm ps flight which ended up leaving at 10, arriving at around 1:30 PST (4:30 EST). Almost everyone slept, and also business went out only about half full, which I never see.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA: 1k, Marriott / Bonvoy: Platinum
Fastest through security. Clear and pre-check at IAD on an empty afternoon.

I timed it at 45 seconds from tapping my phone at clear to picking up my phone and stopping the timer on the ther side.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:51 pm

Probably not the only person to do this, or the fastest... but I flew SBA-SFO-CLE-MCI-CLE-SFO-LAS, tacking on a mileage run to a planned trip to Vegas. I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to check my bag all the way through, because cities repeated...

I had a 48 minute layover at MCI, collected my bag, rechecked it, and was back through security waiting at the gate 15 minutes after deplaning.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
I absolutely top the list for double fisting to-go coffee cups from the UC filled with house (comp) red wine. =)
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
With 11 button presses, I may well hold the record for most complicated way to make a cappuccino on the UC espresso machine.
big V likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
With 11 button presses, I may well hold the record for most complicated way to make a cappuccino on the UC espresso machine.
..... how?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
The most mai-tai's consumed LAX-HNL (on a DL L-1011) about 25 years ago. I was in FC and I had two mai-tai's pre-boarding, and about 8+ more on the flt. It was a new FA serving them. I was in bliss. As we were about to land, the head FA asked the new FA in FC where are all the rum minis were? She said she poured them in the mai-tai's. The head FA said that mai-tai's were pre-mixed (with booze). Everyone leaving that flt that drank mai-tai's were hammered. Memories. That was pure Aloha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.