Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Domestic United Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
ATL has very rude agents and Club is small. Interior is nicer than the Admirals Club accross
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I have never found the F&B in any domestic UC to vary noticeably. The physical facilities vary in how worn they are and how crowded, though the latter can just be a function of how many flights are leaving at the time. That said, architecturally, I like the UA club that is in an old circular lounge in the old building at DCA. Good views of the tarmac, and never seen it crowded.

I also agree with the comment someone made about how worn out the electrical plugs often are, which is also true of their planes. I now travel with a three-prong adaptor just to make the plugs actually work.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:00 pm

My favorite is SAN, but it is my home base so I'm biased. The space is beautiful, and the staff is excellent. DCA is my second favorite. The views and design are awesome. I hope they never renovate.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:30 pm

LAX gets my vote these days. I liked the present soon to be former LGA club. Spacious, extra newspaper variety, and old school in a good way - reminded me of the kind of place you'd find Kramer in that Seinfeld episode where he bets the Texas businessman on the arrivals board.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
To me, it's LAX hands-down. Great space, great bar, the outdoor terrace. Went through last night and the food selection was quite solid. Soba noodles, quinoa, shredded chicken, kimchi, soup, greens, brownies. Very dead as I was on a redeye to IAH (all 364 seats on the high-density 772 occupied).
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Time for UA to put a club in TPA
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
I agree, LAX is the best one I have been in lately.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELee
LAX?

David
yes. Lax
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by zrs70
I used to love the SNA club. (Maybe I still would, just haven't been in years).

Small, intimate, and they used to have a wide variety of munchies (before food was streamlined).
SNA may not be my favorite (domestically that is LAX), but it is a great small club. Love the open space up to the high arched ceilings of the terminal. It's a little pocket of old school quiet located in a second tier airport.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: MP, Marriott, HHonors
IAD now offers a champagne bar with 4 different types of juice mixers and 5 different types of fresh fruit so it gets my vote :-)
I'm flying into LAX end of March and my return flight is at 10am. I wasn't going to get up early enough to hang out at their lounge but reading all the glowing reviews I will have to go see what all the fuss is about!
EWR764 and worldwidedreamer like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
lax
ord (f)
dca
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:53 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
BOS and not because it's my home airport. Nice staff, clean and not overly crowded.
BOSskier likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
LAX for me. Especially impressed by significantly better food selection than other UC's. I haven't been there since the new Polaris lounge opened. Has the food at LAX been downgraded now that the Polaris lounge is open?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
While it has all kinds of flaws, I do appreciate that HNL now offers real food (chili, rice, guacamole, and chips). It's also a nice space, though there is a serious lack of power outlets.
Originally Posted by karatelovr
IAD now offers a champagne bar with 4 different types of juice mixers and 5 different types of fresh fruit so it gets my vote :-)
The IAD dungeons? Based on free $5 per bottle sparkling wine (certainly not Champagne) that many would refuse to drink if you paid them? IMO IAD has the worst clubs in the system.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
BOS and not because it's my home airport. Nice staff, clean and not overly crowded.
I agree with the clean and nice staff but when I typically hit it it is horrifically crowded. We had this discussion about it before and I realize YMMV and it depends when you are there and what flights are departing. My favorite one, well that is tough. I like the bar and staff at the original one at SFO. UC at Denver West it nice as well. The SEA UC has nice views but I am not into that high tech modern look that they all seem to be going for. Oh yeah, how could I forget CLE, that is actually a great club, one of the old Presidents Clubs. Never too crowded and great staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.