Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Wi-Fi Subscription - Q&A, issues, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United WiFi subscription.
First announced in early 2017, withdrawn and then re-introduced Feb 2018

Appears to be the same as the originally proposed pricing
Annual is 11x monthly; North America & Central America or Global option

Originally Posted by mozilla
For some reason, they put a wrong link on the MP account overview page.

The new Wi-Fi subscription is handled by the same general subscription management interface which also covers subscriptions for United Club, Economy+, etc.

Here is the correct link: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/subscription/wifi

Pricing depends on the term and the covered geographical region:

North America and Central America, monthly: $49 or 7,540 miles
North America and Central America, annual: $539 or 82,930 miles
Global, monthly: $69 or 10,620 miles
Global, annual: $759 or 82,930 miles

Yes, I've noticed the discrepancy, same mileage pricing in both annual options, but that's what it says right now.

Subscribers can change the geographic region where they want to use a subscription from the North and Central America region to Global at any time. Subscribers cannot switch from a Global subscription to a North and Central America subscription.

As with the other subscriptions, it is possible to gift a Wi-Fi subscription to someone else.
On 8 May 2017, some received
Originally Posted by dok_indo
Hard to believe this is true, but here's an email I just received from UA:

We have some important information about your United Wi-FiSM subscription purchase on April 10, 2017.

Due to a technical issue, we offered United Wi-Fi subscriptions before we were fully ready to make them available. We have since removed the option to purchase United Wi-Fi subscriptions.

The good news is that you can still use your subscription until December 31, 2017, and you’ll receive a full refund for your purchase. United Wi-Fi subscriptions will also be available for purchase again soon.

We hope you enjoy your subscription, and we’re sorry for any confusion that this may have caused.

United Airlines Wi-Fi Team
Print Wikipost

United Wi-Fi Subscription - Q&A, issues, ...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by asquare
And it is gone from the website (at least for me)....
I still see it here.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist
Originally Posted by getagb
I still see it here.

Interesting. Starting from https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/subscription/home
you don't see it.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM
Anyone know if the monthly wifi subscription service definitely works on PS flights with Gogo service (equipment with 7 rows of business)? I don't want to buy the service only to find out it isn't workable on some of the PS fleet. I thought the login interface was different.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by dkc715
Anyone know if the monthly wifi subscription service definitely works on PS flights with Gogo service (equipment with 7 rows of business)? I don't want to buy the service only to find out it isn't workable on some of the PS fleet. I thought the login interface was different.
Related question, will it work on the GoGo enabled UX regionals?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:25 pm

According to the FAQ it should: "Is my United Wi-Fi subscription purchase valid on all flights?The United Wi-Fi subscription is valid, within your subscribed region, on United- and United Express®-operated flights equipped with Wi-Fi internet. To determine if your flight offers Wi-Fi internet, you can check the Amenities section in the United app or the Inflight Amenities tab on the Flight Status & Information page within 24 hours before departure."
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:45 pm

According to the FAQ it should: "Is my United Wi-Fi subscription purchase valid on all flights?The United Wi-Fi subscription is valid, within your subscribed region, on United- and United Express®-operated flights equipped with Wi-Fi internet. To determine if your flight offers Wi-Fi internet, you can check the Amenities section in the United app or the Inflight Amenities tab on the Flight Status & Information page within 24 hours before departure."
Thanks. Saw that. I am just skeptical they changed the interface on these select 757 birds in the last month which used to only redirect browsers to Gogo.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Just wanted to update that the wifi has worked properly (and been free) for my last two flights.
Free WiFi on UA? Is this real life?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oopl
Free WiFi on UA? Is this real life?
WiFi to PDE (and a free selected sites) is free,
WiFi to the general internet -- that will be with a fee.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
WiFi to PDE (and a free selected sites) is free,
WiFi to the general internet -- that will be with a fee.
If you have the subscription, the price of connecting to wifi appears as "free" on the login portal. It's not actually free, of course.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:11 am

FYI - GoGo equipped UA flights are NOT included in the UA subscriptions. I purchased a UA global monthly plan last week, was charged $69, and there was no way to log in on my PS flight to LAX yesterday. In flight, I asked GoGo and the representative said the UA plan is different than their plan and not valid on their interface. I e mailed UA customer care but haven't heard back. For me, the monthly plans make no sense if I can't use on the GoGo flights. Buyer beware.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: All the programs!
FYI - GoGo equipped UA flights are NOT included in the UA subscriptions. I purchased a UA global monthly plan last week, was charged $69, and there was no way to log in on my PS flight to LAX yesterday. In flight, I asked GoGo and the representative said the UA plan is different than their plan and not valid on their interface. I e mailed UA customer care but haven't heard back. For me, the monthly plans make no sense if I can't use on the GoGo flights. Buyer beware.
Have you tried asking UA for a refund?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:28 am

If true, UA needs to update their FAQs and product description.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
I still see it here.
Trying to renew, which isn't working. This link now also seems to not be working.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz
Trying to renew, which isn't working. This link now also seems to not be working.
I was just about to post the same thing. I have two round-trips to Asia this month, and a 30-day subscription would be an excellent value for me.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:16 am

I am also unable to renew. Just get a blank page or sometimes an infinite spinner. I wrote to premier voice but haven't heard back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.