Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier Access showing - No status or purchase. Any idea?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Access showing - No status or purchase. Any idea?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Maybe the E+ sub gives Premier Access as well.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
{Has been reported before}, but it just seems like a system glitch that is really low on UA's to-do list.

In short, it will most likely not show up on your boarding pass. If it does, consider yourself lucky.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 7, 2016 at 10:48 am Reason: cleanup after move; thanks for the links
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:43 am

Thanks for the information. I will take a look at the threads. BasedinCLE - No, not UA Silver.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
I have booked on a single PNR AKL-LAX (PE on NZ), LAX-MTJ (via DEN on UA First), DEN-AKL (Via SFO on UA & NZ in Y). The top half off the image is my baggage allowance as shown on the UA website (shows the same allowance on UA app too), but when I click “view receipt”, it shows a differing baggage allowance for the economy flight home (only 1 bag). I suspect the “receipt” allowance of only one bag is correct, but just wanted to check and ask why the discrepancy?

Additionally, why is it showing Premier Access for the return flights? These are in Y and I have no status.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brenrox
.... Additionally, why is it showing Premier Access for the return flights? These are in Y and I have no status.
Your profile states NZ Silver.

UA does provide BG2 to *A Silver and as well as premier security and checkin.

If not, *A Silver, then this does seem to occur occasionally for no known reason. And may not be real, no printed on boarding pass.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Folks - just booked a US-EU ticket. I'm not a status holder - and the ticket was cheap (Relative to other carriers).

Premier access showed up - but only on the outbound...I can't explain why. Also, at seat selection, if i try to go into E+, it wants $200+.

Wonder why? but hope this stays, until i actually use the premier access line :-)
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: United Miles
Premier Access confusion

On our itinerary as displayed on the united website, our outbound itinerary was flagged as Premier Access, next to the seat assignments. It is not for the return.. Thought it was a free surprise and delight since I did not request.

However, the notation did not appear on the electronic (IOS) boarding passe, or the printed version we ended up with. On the print pass, they were flagged as PRIORITY BOARD, which was expected since I purchased with the UA mileage card. My daughters electronic pass and hard pass both got random TSA pre check as she has the last three trips (?!).

I didn't notice the inconsistency until the Security Line Monitor refused us entry to the Priority line. Took me a few seconds to pull up the itinerary to show I was not pulling shenanigans, although I think she wasn't convinced, but I know I was being honeat, so whatever.

So, 1) any non-status travelers get Priority Access unexpectedly? 2) Are the boarding pass inconsistencies a known issue? Felt like I was getting a gift, but then having it taken back
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I don’t know of any passengers getting premier access without status or paying for it. Could you post a screenshot of what you’re describing?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by dcbarry
On our itinerary as displayed on the united website, our outbound itinerary was flagged as Premier Access, next to the seat assignments. It is not for the return.. Thought it was a free surprise and delight since I did not request.

However, the notation did not appear on the electronic (IOS) boarding passe, or the printed version we ended up with. On the print pass, they were flagged as PRIORITY BOARD, which was expected since I purchased with the UA mileage card. My daughters electronic pass and hard pass both got random TSA pre check as she has the last three trips (?!).

I didn't notice the inconsistency until the Security Line Monitor refused us entry to the Priority line. Took me a few seconds to pull up the itinerary to show I was not pulling shenanigans, although I think she wasn't convinced, but I know I was being honeat, so whatever.

So, 1) any non-status travelers get Priority Access unexpectedly? 2) Are the boarding pass inconsistencies a known issue? Felt like I was getting a gift, but then having it taken back

Hi this is a glitch on ua.com. Seen it a few times. It sometimes shows premier access next to your seat assignment on ua.com, but if you didn't purchase it, it wont show up on your BP, and you're not entitled to it.

You were only entitled to priority boarding as a CC cardholder

Interestingly, when this glitch happens, ua.com wont let you buy premier access for those flights.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
UA needs to sort out the whole Premier Access mess on their website. They consistently try to upsell me Premier Access on the mobile app even though I'm *G and have my FF # in there. 24 hours out everything becomes fine and I see Premier Access on my electronic BP, but it's still very annoying.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by dcbarry

I've had it show up on a regular flyer's itinerary when the ticket was booked from a premier account as an award. However as folks here have stated, it was a bug as none of the Premier Access benefits actually applied at check-in.

It's definitely a strange yet irritating bug.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I had it happen on my outbound to Australia with tickets purchased on air New Zealand. It wasn't on my bp either, and with no line and pre check from ge, I didn't bother to try.

When I got the ua pnr my australia to nz leg didn't appear and the outbound had premier access.

I guess it's just a cross pnr bug
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm having "premier access" show up unexpectedly in the smartphone app, but not on the website. My boarding pass also says "PRIORITYBOARD", presumably because I get zone 2 from the explorer card since I gell back to general member. I found this thread while trying to figure out if "PRIORITYBOARD" was also supposed to get me access to the premier line. It didn't really matter this morning at LAX - nobody in line at 7 and I got random selected to go through the WTMD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.