FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Invitation to UA Private Event - Polaris Related (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1783495-invitation-ua-private-event-polaris-related.html)

denuaflier Aug 8, 2016 2:12 pm

Invitation to UA Private Event - Polaris Related

Hi All,

Just received this private event invite for Polaris. Seems interesting. I RSVPed for Denver location (there are four locations).
----
The United Polaris showcase will be making stops in a city near you in the upcoming weeks, including:

■ The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa – Denver – August 11
■ Newark Airport – August 18
■ Dulles International Airport – August 31
■ Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport – September 7

This complimentary event is limited to MileagePlus® Premier members, and their guests, 21 and over. Dress is business casual. Guests do not need a scheduled flight to attend airport events. Space is limited.

This experience includes:
■ Two tickets to be among the first to explore the United Polaris showcase
■ Complimentary food and beverages with selections inspired by The Trotter Project and United Polaris

popoemt Aug 8, 2016 2:17 pm

Nice, pics as it goes please! (If allowed of course).

WineCountryUA Aug 8, 2016 2:27 pm

DEN folks got the best location. :D

seenitall Aug 8, 2016 2:28 pm

Curious that Denver should be on the road show list -- given that there are hardly any international flights from DEN that will have Polaris -- and the expectation that there will be no Polaris lounge there.

And SFO and LAX are not listed at all. No Polaris for you you left coasters.:confused:

goodeats21 Aug 8, 2016 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by seenitall (Post 27034335)
Curious that Denver should be on the road show list -- given that there are hardly any international flights from DEN that will have Polaris -- and the expectation that there will be no Polaris lounge there.

And SFO and LAX are not listed at all. No Polaris for you you left coasters.:confused:

Yes, that struck me as a bit strange as well. Maybe future events planned?

I also wonder about the criteria for invitations...

transportprof Aug 8, 2016 2:54 pm

For those attending: be sure to demand an ice cream sundae if they serve dessert. :D

tcdtcd Aug 8, 2016 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by seenitall (Post 27034335)

And no ORD/Chicago area event?:confused: Maybe because they already had a Chicago press event, just after the NY debut?

FlyHighInTheSky Aug 8, 2016 4:04 pm

Very excited for this. RSVP'd for the IAD event! Who else is coming?

AndyInSaigon Aug 8, 2016 4:14 pm

Booked IAH

kirkwoodj Aug 8, 2016 4:21 pm

Also booked IAH ^

awu25 Aug 8, 2016 7:19 pm

Booked EWR. Seems like it'll be an event where people wander in and out (like a museum)? I can't imagine they'll have things scheduled for 5 hours straight.

mduell Aug 8, 2016 7:40 pm

Shame the Houston event isn't at 1600 Smith, like the Denver event is in-town.

kirkwoodj Aug 8, 2016 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by mduell (Post 27035731)
Shame the Houston event isn't at 1600 Smith, like the Denver event is in-town.

LOL :D

(that's the former CO HQ, for all you sUAers) :)

jjmoore Aug 8, 2016 7:50 pm

Will be at the Denver event in a couple days. Pictures and a small report will be forthcoming.

UASleeper Aug 8, 2016 9:41 pm

Will be at EWR event. Would be great to meet other ft'lers. Feel free to pm if you are also attending the EWR event.