FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated MP hotel & car rentals awards Q&A, Experiences, .... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1747191-consolidated-mp-hotel-car-rentals-awards-q-experiences.html)

AugustusM Jun 27, 2019 11:16 am

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 31245726)
Ever since United changed their rental car system to the current rentalcars.com it's been simply awful.

It was another one of those infamous IF-IT'S-NOT-BROKEN-WE'LL-FIX-IT-ANYWAY-AND-MAKE IT-WORSE things United is so extremely adept it.

Here's the main thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...500-miles.html

Agreed. Every time I tried to book a vehicle through .bomb it screws up my Presidential status and I end up waiting to get a vehicle. I just book it through Hertz now.

JNelson113 Jun 27, 2019 11:23 am

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 31245128)
You can still get the bonus booking at hertz.com. Use CDP 62455 for the United discount, and if you want the miles bonus promo, use 204508 (2 day rental minimum, and pickup has to be at an airport).

Alright, thank you. Just booked with this on hertz.com and we'll see what happens!

findark Jun 27, 2019 11:47 am

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 31245713)
Are you sure? I believe the 204508 promo code is the united.com booking bonus.

The promo code is for whatever extra bonus is active (3k in the past, something lower now). I checked my statements and I'm not sure I can reconstruct what posts if you don't book through .com. Most recent rental where I did not still hasn't posted.

BThumme Jun 27, 2019 11:58 am

Originally Posted by AugustusM (Post 31245854)
Agreed. Every time I tried to book a vehicle through .bomb it screws up my Presidential status and I end up waiting to get a vehicle. I just book it through Hertz now.

I've never had an issue. Do you make sure you enter your Hertz account number at the end of the booking process? I've probably booked close to 30 rentals with no issues on this (that's kind of scary actually). I always double check as soon as I book that it shows up in my hertz account (I just check on the app). It's always instant.

AugustusM Jun 27, 2019 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 31246009)
I've never had an issue. Do you make sure you enter your Hertz account number at the end of the booking process? I've probably booked close to 30 rentals with no issues on this (that's kind of scary actually). I always double check as soon as I book that it shows up in my hertz account (I just check on the app). It's always instant.

I did. It had something to do from when I went from 1K to GS from what I was told when I called. It's not worth it for me to spend any time trying to correct it so I just book via Hertz, it's easier.

gmt4 Jun 27, 2019 12:34 pm

I don't even mess with UA.com, I've always booked thru Hertz. Payment information and everything is stored in my profile. Never not gotten the bonus points.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Jun 27, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by gmt4 (Post 31246150)
I don't even mess with UA.com, I've always booked thru Hertz. Payment information and everything is stored in my profile. Never not gotten the bonus points.

Exactly. If the intermediary isn't making things simpler, ditch it if you can.

hoangb Jun 27, 2019 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 31245447)
Pretty sure this does not earn the United.com booking bonus though.

I would disagree based on my personal experiences. You can go to Hertz and enter the discount code 62455 and in the coupon section enter 204508. Everytime that I rented a minimum of two days and booked via Hertz.com with these two codes, I have gotten the united bonus.

flyme2 Jun 27, 2019 4:49 pm

DP's:

1-) Booking with a Hertz telephone agent and using the CDP 62455 and coupon code 204508, I have received all the points as per the offers.
2-) Since changing their booking agent to rentalcars.com, I can book at cheaper city offices rather than only the airport.
3-) As previously with UA.com,, there is no additional drop-off fee when returning the car to the airport or city station if they are corporate.

Estefany_Lopez Jun 27, 2019 9:38 pm

I have exactly the same issue.

MysteryTour Jun 27, 2019 11:02 pm

I've had that same issue off and on. Switching browsers or trying again later usually solves the issue.

AlanInDC Jun 28, 2019 4:26 am

Yeah I gave up and just went to hertz.com

BBSHOPSINGER Jun 28, 2019 11:59 am

I booked two days ago, and it didn't appear to have an issue, but then I noticed that it didn't populate the promo code, and wouldn't allow me to populate it myself. After booking, I re-did it through Hertz.com. I think going forward I'll just go straight to the Hertz site.

narvik Jun 28, 2019 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER (Post 31249533)
I booked two days ago, and it didn't appear to have an issue, but then I noticed that it didn't populate the promo code, and wouldn't allow me to populate it myself. After booking, I re-did it through Hertz.com. I think going forward I'll just go straight to the Hertz site.

This is good advice. I keep going back to united.com, but I don't know why. Nostalgia maybe? I can't stand that they make me login anew and make me populate fields that they should already know the answer to.
Sadly I keep forgetting the correct CDP and coupon codes...

ll22949 Jun 4, 2020 6:03 pm

Renting a car using mileage plus miles

I did a quick search and could not find anything. I have quite a few miles and was considering using some to rent a car for an upcoming trip. I went through the steps but could not find anything on whether the rental includes insurance. I didn't complete the reservation as I didn't want to have the miles deducted from my account until I knew the answer. Any experience with using miles to rent a car from Hertz?