Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Creating High-Density 777 Domestic Subfleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAinAUS
There are two versions of this configuration. They have the same number of seats in each cabin, however the rear lavatory configuration is different.

United's website now refers to these configurations as Version 3 and Version 4.

Version 3: United Domestic 777 "High Density" Configuration ("Version 3")

Version 4: United Domestic 777 "High Density" Configuration ("Version 4")
Print Wikipost

UA Creating High-Density 777 Domestic Subfleet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by zrs70
Yes
It is now but July is a long way away. There could be any number of equipment swaps between now and then.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
.... Are they running lie-flat 777-200s from HNL to SFO? Thanks.
772HDs have been used for over 6 months to the islands
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by spin88
And oh, these impacts build as more and more people clue in. This is exactly what has happened to United over the last 5 years, its revenue metrics have fallen compared to other airlines as the book way factor builds.
Agreed. My seatmates in the middle were newly married and beginning their careers. They had a wonderful time in Hawaii. Flew SFO-HNL with innop PDE and then it was innop for half the way from HNL-ORD on the way home. They were so angry at United's shortsightedness that they say they will fly other airlines in the future. This anger may or may not wear off. But they told their friends and I tell mine.

Word of mouth is the best advertising. It can also be the worst if you are United.

It's time for the customer experience pendulum to start swinging back again, and not just for business class. Does nobody at United study Southwest? There is a reason they carry more domestic passengers than any other airlines.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by atword
Does nobody at United study Southwest? There is a reason they carry more domestic passengers than any other airlines.[/left]
The peanuts?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by atword

It's time for the customer experience pendulum to start swinging back again, and not just for business class. Does nobody at United study Southwest? There is a reason they carry more domestic passengers than any other airlines.[/left]
It's a semi-different business model. Yes, Southwest carries the most passengers and there's a reason why people love them.

But there's also a reason why business travelers like myself hate them.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
I hate these planes

living in Hawaii, I have 3 choices. The 767 and 737 planes have pedestrian but not punitive main cabins. But the 777s.....if you gamble on a coach ticket with a GPU and fail, you are in misery. So what to do?? Sure 737-800 or gamble on 777??

absence of R at booking complicates.....needlessly
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic Reminder

This thread is about the high-density 777s for the Hawaii market and some domestic hub-to-hub flights. Off topic discussion of RJs have been removed.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmculp
living in Hawaii, I have 3 choices. The 767 and 737 planes have pedestrian but not punitive main cabins. But the 777s.....if you gamble on a coach ticket with a GPU and fail, you are in misery. So what to do?? Sure 737-800 or gamble on 777??

I take open R.

(I imagine you meant 757 instead of 767, by the by.)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
I take open R.
Assuming I'm not paying for F, my prioritization would be: UA 772 in R > UA 738 in R > HA/VX/UA 738 in Y, with UA 772 in Y not an option.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by cmculp

I still have the 777 Y ranked ahead of 737 Y, so taking the gamble is an easy choice for me if I was in your shoes. Plus if you can snag one of the paired Y seats it's nice. Generally any widebody beats a narrowbody for me. And this one is no different. At worst you give up about a mere half-inch of width for extra pitch and all the benefits of a widebody. But your call.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by minnyfly
I still have the 777 Y ranked ahead of 737 Y, so taking the gamble is an easy choice for me if I was in your shoes. Plus if you can snag one of the paired Y seats it's nice. Generally any widebody beats a narrowbody for me. But your call.
I suspect you have not flow the 777 in question. There are no 'paired seats', unless you mean every seat.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
I suspect you have not flow the 777 in question. There are no 'paired seats', unless you mean every seat.
There are actually like 9 or 10 pairs of seats in coach, just mostly not in E+ (there's a bunch all the way in back where the fuselage starts to taper, and a couple kind of in the middle near the lavatories - in one version ahead of the exits and not E+, in the other version behind the exits with one pair being E+ exit row).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
There remains 11-12 sets of paired seats in the two new 777 configurations, with one of the two configs offering a couple prime E+ sets.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by minnyfly
There remains 11-12 sets of paired seats in the two new 777 configurations, with one of the two configs offering a couple prime E+ sets.
You are right, there is a pair of e- seats on both sides by the can in the back of the first section. Those seats have limited recline. definately awesomesauce.

the last 4 rows at the back of the plane in e- are also "paired" I am not such a fan of e-.

p.s. and there are no "paired" E+ seats on the 77HD. The only UA 777 with a "pair" of E+ seats is the sUA 3 class bird.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 25, 2017 at 9:54 pm Reason: Unneeded personal comments removed
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by spin88
You are right, there is a pair of e- seats on both sides by the can in the back of the first section. Those seats have limited recline. definately awesomesauce.

the last 4 rows at the back of the plane in e- are also "paired" I am not such a fan of e-.

p.s. and there are no "paired" E+ seats on the 77HD. The only UA 777 with a "pair" of E+ seats is the sUA 3 class bird.
Absolutes rarely are.
One version includes an exit row pair of E+ seats (see version 4 in the wiki above, or UA's own seat charts).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 25, 2017 at 9:57 pm Reason: quote updated to reflect Mod edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.