Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Granted 2015 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for reporting of actual cases of receiving status when short of one of the status requirement and not qualified for a waiver of that requirement -- PQS/PQM/PQD/4 Segments/....

Speculative discussion is going on it
Will UA Grant Me Elite Status if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying?
Will UA grant higher status if short PQMs but over PQDs?
Print Wikipost

Granted 2015 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Gold
Due to a typo / miscalculation, I ended up 326 miles short of Platinum after being 1K with over $10k PQD. I called on Jan 2 after my last segment posted and was told that they weren't granting exemptions at that time. Was advised to call back during the last week of the month to ask for an exemption and because of my strong MileagePlus history I should be granted one.

After the mystatus site update, it showed that I had earned Platinum. Two RPUs were just deposited today
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Plat; EK Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I think if it was reversed for you (way over on PQDs but a bit short on PQMs) they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Just remember - customers are a renewable resource, and it's cheaper to just go get a whole lotta new ones
This must be the case. I finished the year with 68k PQM but nearly $30k in PQD -- didn't even think to look, but just saw that 2 RPU have materialized in my account, and indeed it turns out I've been granted Platinum for another year. Nothing on the My Status page suggests that this is the result of an exception.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:26 pm

For what it's worth, I called, had to speak to a supervisor, and got offered Silver status for 2015 (expiring 1/2016).

2014 Stats
PQM: ~30,000
PQD: ~$2,200
(So I was short ~$300 PQD for Silver).

I had been GS and 1K before, but was only Silver in 2014. Online, my offer to buy-up was $599, and I thought that was ridiculous.

Decided to call today after reading FlyerTalk (haven't been on here in a while). The first agent said they couldn't do anything but the 2nd agent was helpful.

My MyStatus page still says "We're sorry, you didn't qualify for Premier status this year. Keep flying to reach Premier status in 2016" so hopefully all is still okay. The supervisor said I won't see it till Feb 2015 but the Silver 2015 pack is in the mail.

Good luck, everyone. I think I got quite lucky, so YMMV. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:34 pm

First post...

I was Premier Platinum with UA for much of 2014 and have not flown since late summer (award travel) so I was surprised to see...

Congratulations, you've earned Premier 1K status for 2015.

...when I logged into my MileagePlus account today for the first time in months.

I'm looking for some guidance on why I was awarded 1k status and help determining when it expires (I can't seem to find that anywhere on my account and the kit status still shows pending). Two (2) RPUs and (6) GPUs both expiring 1/31/2016 were deposited into my account last week. My 2014 breakdown is as follows:

- Total: 92,xxx
- Miles: 59,xxx
- Segments: 24
- Dollars: $29,xxx

Any ideas? The duration of UA 1k status is going to factor into my ongoing search for a reward CC and possible defection to another FF program. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA
2014 Stats: PQM 76,649 PQS 19 PQD $5,590 - Got Platinum. Have the Chase MP Select so I assume I got the waver, however could not find it posted anywhere. Do all the Chase MP cards get you the PQD Waver??
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
I had
- 99 PQS
- 67,299 PQM
- 10K+ PQD

I called MPSC and they upped me to 1K but no upgrade instruments. I am not sure I will even get drink chits or a 1K packet at all. I have been 1K several times in the past and this year will likely make 1K (for 2016) and MM.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:47 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Will, first off, welcome to FT! Based on the 2016-expiring instruments, you should be 1k through Jan. 31, 2016. My guess is you were so far above the PQD threshold and close enough on the rest that they just have it to you.

Denvercccc, were you significantly over $10k? Because you were way short on both PQM and PQS...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Denvercccc
I had
- 99 PQS
- 67,299 PQM
- 10K+ PQD

I called MPSC and they upped me to 1K but no upgrade instruments. I am not sure I will even get drink chits or a 1K packet at all. I have been 1K several times in the past and this year will likely make 1K (for 2016) and MM.
What was your actual PQD? I had 64 PQS, ~83K PQM and $15,800 PQD Was 1K for most of the 2000's though not since 2010. Am also MM.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Originally Posted by Baze
What was your actual PQD? I had 64 PQS, ~83K PQM and $15,800 PQD Was 1K for most of the 2000's though not since 2010. Am also MM.
I was not significantly over - 10,698. I have been 1 K several times in the past and switched jobs in 2014. I will ultimately travel more in this job than I did before. I supposed they were able to look at my travel pattern for the 4th quarter and they agreed that I would probably make 1K by Oct or so 2015.

It also could be luck. The time I called and the person I talked to. I had tried a couple weeks earlier and they said to call back. The rep checked with their manager and came back and said they would up me. That makes me think there is some judgement involved that makes it sort of random. Not the best way to motivate customers...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:05 am

last year (2014) i ended up with
17 PQS
41764 PQM
10000+ PQD (total about 17k)

they bumped me up from silver to gold for 2015.

i got a bump last year from gold to platinum when i was short. i figure it has something to do with most of my flights being expensive international trips. i also still hold a presidential plus card
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Wife was given gold with 52,570 PQM, $4,479 PQDs after emailing MP explaining that a cancelled itinerary caused her to miss PQD target and that she had 4 trips booked already for Jan-Feb 2015.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: Won Kay
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I closed out 2014 at 102,021 miles flown, and only $3,978 in PQDs. I did, however, put well over $35K in spend on my MP Explorer card. I've also been a 1K with United for the last 5 years, and a 1P for a year prior to that.
Wow, what a great deal. I came up 12K PQM short, but came in way over the $10K spend. 1K for the last 9 years.

They told me my Prem Plat creds were in the mail...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by roadkit
Wow, what a great deal. I came up 12K PQM short, but came in way over the $10K spend. 1K for the last 9 years.

They told me my Prem Plat creds were in the mail...
I apparently looked a gift horse in the mouth. They had posted on the MyStatus page that due to my long term commitment to United, I'd be a 1K in 2015. Then 48 hours later, that verbiage disappeared from the site and stated I'd be a Plat for 2015. Whatever, I've moved to AA as an Exec Plat. Proud to say that in over 20,000 miles flown on AA so far, all upgrades have cleared at least 3 days out. Nice change from UA, where as a 1K, I'd often find myself at 7-10 on the upgrade list, excluding Hub-Hub where I'd be further down.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Denvercccc
I was not significantly over - 10,698. I have been 1 K several times in the past and switched jobs in 2014. I will ultimately travel more in this job than I did before. I supposed they were able to look at my travel pattern for the 4th quarter and they agreed that I would probably make 1K by Oct or so 2015.

It also could be luck. The time I called and the person I talked to. I had tried a couple weeks earlier and they said to call back. The rep checked with their manager and came back and said they would up me. That makes me think there is some judgement involved that makes it sort of random. Not the best way to motivate customers...
Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
Will, first off, welcome to FT! Based on the 2016-expiring instruments, you should be 1k through Jan. 31, 2016. My guess is you were so far above the PQD threshold and close enough on the rest that they just have it to you.
Thanks for the input - there's a lot of chicken bones and voodoo involved trying to figure out status when they (UA) don't stick to their own status requirements. I certainly appreciate them doing it though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.