FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   When will all mainline aircraft have E+? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1571223-when-will-all-mainline-aircraft-have-e.html)

SFO_FT Apr 22, 2014 5:22 pm

When will all mainline aircraft have E+?

Have noticed more than a few 737s (2+ years after the merger) still don't have an E+ section. Surprisingly, they're sometimes flown on routes that are elite-heavy (SFO-IAH midday) and NRT-ICN. Anyone know when, or if, all mainline aircraft will have the E+ section?

FlyinHawaiian Apr 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Related Post From Earlier Today

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 22742252)
All of the mid-cabin lav 738s, (Tail #s 260 - 277) and 738 tail #s 519, 520, 522, 525, 528, 530, 531, and all GUM based 737 aircraft do not yet have E+. The 5xx tail #s ones are currently receiving E+, with the mid-cabin lav 738s to get them when they start getting reconfigured to remove the mid-cabin lav and install DTV. The GUM based 737s end of this year I believe.

hobo13 Apr 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT (Post 22744424)
Surprisingly, they're sometimes flown on routes that are elite-heavy (SFO-IAH midday) and NRT-ICN.

Not only that, they fly them on LONG routes. I've got a SFO-EWR coming up with no E+. Unbelievable, yet not surprising.

goalie Apr 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 22744619)

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Surprisingly, they're sometimes flown on routes that are elite-heavy (SFO-IAH midday) and NRT-ICN.

Not only that, they fly them on LONG routes. I've got a SFO-EWR coming up with no E+. Unbelievable, yet not surprising.

Like UA1662 DCA-SFO on 5/3 :td: as Courtney* is gonna be pissed

*my sister's cat as I'm flying to DC to pick her up (the cat, not goalie-sis) and bring her home with me as goalie-sis taking a position overseas for 2 1/2 years and can't take her cat with her

TexasMatthew Apr 22, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm booked in one ... very disappointing ... it's 3hr59min flying time from AUS-EWR on 738 on UA1615

I guess it's nice they have the forward section blocked off as 'reserved' for Premier members so maybe it'll be less crowded ... until gate agents start moving non-elite members to accommodate seat assignments.

mgcsinc Apr 22, 2014 10:07 pm

I have never had any trouble getting my very favorite seats on these birds.

Air Houston Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Perhaps scheduling is putting them on the most popular routes because that is where they can sell the most seats. If my choice was E- for three hours or waiting at the airport for the next flight three hours later I would likely be willing to live with E-.

mgcsinc Apr 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Air Houston (Post 22745641)
If my choice was E- for three hours or waiting at the airport for the next flight three hours later I would likely be willing to live with E-.

Just for the record, I have never seen that be the choice. People seem very hung up on the fact that these planes "don't have E+." Except they still do have the very best seats in all of E+dom -- the bulkhead (which often has a cutout despite the unending insistence that the 737s are an evil scourge with no cut-out) and the exit rows. What's more is that, due to the fear of these "NO E+ OMG WHAT AM I GONNA DO" birds, elites are less likely to book them, or if they do, they inexplicably stick themselves in the horrible reserved section rather than the bulkhead or the exit row, A/K/A the bestest seats ever. As a result, I have never been on one of these birds and not had a great seat. I have SDCed to them last-minute several times, and had my very favorite seats be the only remaining unchosen seats. They're not really a problem. IMO.