When will all mainline aircraft have E+?

Old Apr 22, 14, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, SPG GLD, HH Diam
When will all mainline aircraft have E+?

Have noticed more than a few 737s (2+ years after the merger) still don't have an E+ section. Surprisingly, they're sometimes flown on routes that are elite-heavy (SFO-IAH midday) and NRT-ICN. Anyone know when, or if, all mainline aircraft will have the E+ section?
Old Apr 22, 14, 6:25 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Related Post From Earlier Today

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 View Post
All of the mid-cabin lav 738s, (Tail #s 260 - 277) and 738 tail #s 519, 520, 522, 525, 528, 530, 531, and all GUM based 737 aircraft do not yet have E+. The 5xx tail #s ones are currently receiving E+, with the mid-cabin lav 738s to get them when they start getting reconfigured to remove the mid-cabin lav and install DTV. The GUM based 737s end of this year I believe.
Old Apr 22, 14, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_FT View Post
Surprisingly, they're sometimes flown on routes that are elite-heavy (SFO-IAH midday) and NRT-ICN.
Not only that, they fly them on LONG routes. I've got a SFO-EWR coming up with no E+. Unbelievable, yet not surprising.
Old Apr 22, 14, 9:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by hobo13 View Post
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Surprisingly, they're sometimes flown on routes that are elite-heavy (SFO-IAH midday) and NRT-ICN.
Not only that, they fly them on LONG routes. I've got a SFO-EWR coming up with no E+. Unbelievable, yet not surprising.
Like UA1662 DCA-SFO on 5/3 as Courtney* is gonna be pissed

*my sister's cat as I'm flying to DC to pick her up (the cat, not goalie-sis) and bring her home with me as goalie-sis taking a position overseas for 2 1/2 years and can't take her cat with her
Old Apr 22, 14, 9:33 pm

I'm booked in one ... very disappointing ... it's 3hr59min flying time from AUS-EWR on 738 on UA1615

I guess it's nice they have the forward section blocked off as 'reserved' for Premier members so maybe it'll be less crowded ... until gate agents start moving non-elite members to accommodate seat assignments.
Old Apr 22, 14, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I have never had any trouble getting my very favorite seats on these birds.
Old Apr 22, 14, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-FO, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Perhaps scheduling is putting them on the most popular routes because that is where they can sell the most seats. If my choice was E- for three hours or waiting at the airport for the next flight three hours later I would likely be willing to live with E-.
Old Apr 22, 14, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Air Houston View Post
If my choice was E- for three hours or waiting at the airport for the next flight three hours later I would likely be willing to live with E-.
Just for the record, I have never seen that be the choice. People seem very hung up on the fact that these planes "don't have E+." Except they still do have the very best seats in all of E+dom -- the bulkhead (which often has a cutout despite the unending insistence that the 737s are an evil scourge with no cut-out) and the exit rows. What's more is that, due to the fear of these "NO E+ OMG WHAT AM I GONNA DO" birds, elites are less likely to book them, or if they do, they inexplicably stick themselves in the horrible reserved section rather than the bulkhead or the exit row, A/K/A the bestest seats ever. As a result, I have never been on one of these birds and not had a great seat. I have SDCed to them last-minute several times, and had my very favorite seats be the only remaining unchosen seats. They're not really a problem. IMO.

Search this Thread