Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS Reception & Security Lanes experiences at EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GS Reception & Security Lanes experiences at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Such as?
Well the press release says the Mercedes connection service is coming.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Just saw the new GS check in area at EWR for the first time. Unfortunately there were 2 agents and four people in front of me, likely checking bags. I went back out to the PreCheck line instead. Question: if you aren't checking bags is there any advantage to this entrance?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
So, is the pathway between C-2 and C-3 open again? Or does the new GS area block it entirely?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
So, is the pathway between C-2 and C-3 open again? Or does the new GS area block it entirely?
Completely (permanently) blocked. Probably to done to reduce foot traffic or something.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
Completely (permanently) blocked. Probably to done to reduce foot traffic or something.
Sadface.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
I'm pretty sure it's gne for gd.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:29 pm

Unrelated note: they've installed self tagging bag tag stations at Premier Access and regular economy areas in EWR.

I took a pic but it came out too blurry.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I'm pretty sure it's gne for gd.
Maybe lwly 1Ks can just walk thrugh while shuting "dn't mind me, just an verentitled 1K here!"

Or maybe GS Reception Passthrough Rights are what we'll get as a consolation for the next deval...
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by edcho
Unrelated note: they've installed self tagging bag tag stations at Premier Access and regular economy areas in EWR.

I took a pic but it came out too blurry.
This is a good thing, but I assume we'll still have to wait for an agent to come over, confirm bag weight and that ID matches BP before the bag finds its way to the belt...?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
I went thru the GS reception this morning. Outside I didn't see any signage that pointed to the GS reception and I "think" the lighted sign on the ramp still directs cars to the old GS reception. There was a windbreakered person "carding" for GS credentials at the door. Inside the space looked nice, certainly a lot more modern and bright than the old space. The previously posted picture seemed accurate. There is a little seating area. There are no self-service terminals any more. The agents seemed friendly and to give good service although it took over 5 minutes for them to print a receipt and one agent needed to get help from another one. Seems like training still is not done... You exit from the GS reception at a TSA security line and they have Pre-Check right there. I liked that part. Overall a step up.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
Took this picture last week... will need to make a better one sunday....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/117226939@N03/12463338083/
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:10 pm

Is easier to go through this entrance than via C3 even if you have a BP/no bags to check?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
EWR novice here, does it make sense for me to head over to GS reception after clearing customs from a UA flight? Will have carry on only. Haven't ever connected internationally at EWR before. Thx
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:34 am

I went through this area today and there was no Pre check (just pre lite where you can keep your shoes on -- liquids and laptops still come out). Is full pre coming? On the other hand, it was just me using the line so I'm not complaining (much).
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:51 am

full pre-check is there…but i went thru yesterday during the storm and it looked they they were running a reduced tsa staff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.