FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1534316-receipt-2014-mileageplus-elite-card-packets.html)

EmailKid Dec 26, 2013 10:15 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader (Post 22027045)
Next year's? Haven't even received this year's and I qualified in September or October

Originally Posted by steppie (Post 22027060)
Received my 1k last month, about three weeks after I qualified. Ms. Steppie

Originally Posted by Flagonwithdragon (Post 22027714)
I received a Platinum status card this week that's good until 1/31/2015. I made 1K three weeks ago but happy to get any card.

Received my Plat card, but despite several phone calls never received 1K kit for 2013, and more importantly the drink chits :mad:

Crossed 1K June or July but haven't received anything yet :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by LilAbner (Post 22028327)
I guess the "Gold" status thingie, on the card, might come in handy on int flights, but personally I haven't needed that benefit, either.

Matron at FRA made me look for my "thingie" as my BP on LH intraEurope flight didn't reflect my status, and she would not let me in the club without it :(

Portolan Dec 26, 2013 11:37 am

today...

Ms. Portolan received her Silver credentials today. Probably a safe play on United's part since she has been Silver forever and as of mid-December was 18k away from Gold. Front of the card is the same as last year with the addition of a little banner in the upper right which says Premier Silver Member. Back now has a machine readable data block. Kit also came with a bag tag (now that will really impress everybody!) and a pseudo-ticket with 2014 Premier benefits described. Also an advert for Mercedes-Benz. Yawn...

exerda Dec 30, 2013 2:07 pm

I got mine today (requal'd in November).

Interesting that the drink chits are bright yellow this year. I suspect the FAs are going to be told not to take white ones any longer (as most FAs wouldn't check the expiration dates...).

Mr_BKK Dec 30, 2013 2:18 pm

I received my 1K card last week with drink chits.

akhan7 Dec 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Is there a point in carrying a silver card? UA has access to that information, but would other *A need proof of the card for the (very limited) silver benefits?

villox Dec 30, 2013 3:03 pm

I got my 1K credentials a few days ago. The drink chits now say on them "Not redeemable on premium beverages". This is new, but Hemispheres has said that it only applies to the $16 wines available on P.S. so I don't think it's a policy change.

drewguy Dec 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7 (Post 22028379)
Good suggestion! But yes, mine says 01/14 too.

My online card says 1/14, but the platinum I received a couple months ago says 1/15. The online one is just generated by the system - it's not an image of your actual card.

exerda Dec 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 22052567)
My online card says 1/14, but the platinum I received a couple months ago says 1/15. The online one is just generated by the system - it's not an image of your actual card.

Indeed; the online card doesn't update its date until 2/1.

Pat89339 Dec 30, 2013 5:10 pm

When I received my 1K 2MM card last month the expiry date showed as 1/31/2015. I guess I'm not going to get 10 more drink chits come January. :(

halls120 Dec 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 22051800)
I got mine today (requal'd in November).

Interesting that the drink chits are bright yellow this year. I suspect the FAs are going to be told not to take white ones any longer (as most FAs wouldn't check the expiration dates...).

Got mine today as well. Guess today was the day for those of us in Virginia. ;)

While the benefit pamphlet is smaller than last year, it appears to be more personalized. This year, Jeff thanks for being a 1K member - last year, it was an unsigned welcome. The pamphlet is the same size of the old paper ticket books we used to get for multi-leg trips, and on the cover of the one I got, It has an aerial photo of DC. Is that the same photo everyone else got?

Novemurr Dec 30, 2013 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by akhan7 (Post 22052104)
Is there a point in carrying a silver card? UA has access to that information, but would other *A need proof of the card for the (very limited) silver benefits?

To that effect, not really. Your Star Gold card is more important since some lounges will actually want to see your physical membership card, even if your boarding pass has Gold on it.

PTY1K Dec 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Received my 1K card a few weeks ago, in the UK.

tapeguy Dec 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Re-qualified in the beginning of Dec for 1K. Received today a new 1K card good till jan 15, 2 luggage tags, 10 bright yellow drink vouchers and a little booklet that looks like an old style ticket book.

Kacee Dec 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Requal'd in mid-October, still no new card. Maybe they're considering me for GS ;)

Miles Ahead Dec 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 22051800)

Still waiting on mine, and also requalified in November.

Fortunately, I have a stash of drink coupons with no expiration date. Some are even good for headsets. ;)