FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1534316-receipt-2014-mileageplus-elite-card-packets.html)

buhuffer Dec 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

just want to know when you are supposed to receive it....

Steve M Dec 25, 2013 8:26 pm

I highly doubt that any will be sent out prior to Jan 1. After all, the qualification period for next year is not over yet. So, other than people that have already qualified for 1K, they'd risk sending out a card now that would need to be replaced in a week or two if PQMs post that bump the passenger to a higher Premier level.

davewang202 Dec 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Steve M (Post 22026996)
I highly doubt that any will be sent out prior to Jan 1. After all, the qualification period for next year is not over yet. So, other than people that have already qualified for 1K, they'd risk sending out a card now that would need to be replaced in a week or two if PQMs post that bump the passenger to a higher Premier level.

Those that have already qualified for 1K could also qualify for GS. :)

farnorthtrader Dec 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Next year's? Haven't even received this year's and I qualified in September or October

steppie Dec 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by buhuffer (Post 22026394)

Received my 1k last month, about three weeks after I qualified. Ms. Steppie

fjfv19 Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm

We had a thread on this last year and based on the results, I'd be prepared to print out a copy of next year's card before you actually receive the real one from UA.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-received.html

WineCountryUA Dec 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by buhuffer (Post 22026394)

Mid- to late January if past performance is any history and even late for some.

Flagonwithdragon Dec 26, 2013 1:04 am

I received a Platinum status card this week that's good until 1/31/2015. I made 1K three weeks ago but happy to get any card.

GDaoV Dec 26, 2013 5:59 am

Hit Plt in Aug, received card last week. Drink chits good until 1/2015.
Hit 1K in Sept, still waiting. Card next month? Yellow handles, never?

exerda Dec 26, 2013 6:16 am

A few years ago, UA proactively sent out cards for those who had already requalified, then batched the rest up to go out in January.

Then CO came along, and they had to send out stickers (and still didn't get the new cards out before the stickers expired for many!). :p

1fan Dec 26, 2013 6:21 am

I hope its before 1-29 I could use some drink tickets on that flight

LilAbner Dec 26, 2013 6:24 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 22028308)
A few years ago, UA proactively sent out cards for those who had already requalified, then batched the rest up to go out in January.

Then CO came along, and they had to send out stickers (and still didn't get the new cards out before the stickers expired for many!). :p

YEP!^

However, I truly haven't needed to remove my cards from my wallet in over 18 years. That also goes for my lifetime UC card. ID and boarding pass is all that I've needed to get in the door.

I guess the "Gold" status thingie, on the card, might come in handy on int flights, but personally I haven't needed that benefit, either.

I've probably got over 70/80 drink chits from past years and exp date doesn't mean much on a night flight when the cabin is dark. Have been using old RCC chits off and on for several years, also!

mtbaker Dec 26, 2013 6:39 am

I was going to suggest the card in the new app...however, I just qualified for 1K...and it says it's only valid through Jan 2014!

seanp7 Dec 26, 2013 6:43 am

Originally Posted by mtbaker (Post 22028371)
I was going to suggest the card in the new app...however, I just qualified for 1K...and it says it's only valid through Jan 2014!

Good suggestion! But yes, mine says 01/14 too.

exerda Dec 26, 2013 7:44 am

Originally Posted by seanp7 (Post 22028379)
Good suggestion! But yes, mine says 01/14 too.

It will do so through 2/1 IME, if it's anything like the one on the website.