Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
UA switched to a tri-color bag handle wraps (in post 233) in Feb 2024.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

older wiki content
UA switched to Blue bag handle wraps (picture below) in late 2019/early 2020 from the previous Yellow/Gold
UA started distributing the blue version and due to COVID cutbacks stopped
In Feb 2022 some distribution has restarted, unclear who is receiving these initial wraps

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery
New Blue (2019/2020 version)

Old Yellow / Gold

Thread archive:
UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, HIlton Diamond
They don't work that much anyway. Flew to CLE from ORD this week and checked my bag at the gate with my Shiny new blue 1K handle wrap!! My bag was the last one delivered to the Jetway.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
After 3 years, I requalified for 1K three months ago and have yet to receive the following:
1) The blue bag handles
2) 1K luggage tag

Do I have to ask for them?

Thanks,
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
After 3 years, I requalified for 1K three months ago and have yet to receive the following:
1) The blue bag handles
2) 1K luggage tag

Thanks,
Apparently if you didn't get anything from UA. I would highlight that you qualified for 1K last year and leave it at that (e.g. not specifically highlight that you were previously 1K in a different era) and see how they respond.

David
Bruin1K likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
1) The blue bag handles
2) 1K luggage tag

Thanks,
It appears only those "new" to the 1K ranks are getting the bag handles, recent requalifiers are not. Unclear how long the non-1K years gap needs to be.
Remember the only "benefit" of the blue bag handles is gate check bags on UX -- a minimual benefit for many.

Have not heard of anyone getting bag tags.
Bruin1K likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It appears only those "new" to the 1K ranks are getting the bag handles, recent requalifiers are not. Unclear how long the non-1K years gap needs to be.
Remember the only "benefit" of the blue bag handles is gate check bags on UX -- a minimual benefit for many.

Do any ground crews actually bring the bags over early on UX? I can count on one hand in the last 6 years as a 1K where it’s happened. DEN is my main connection point FWIW.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by zdog2x
Do any ground crews actually bring the bags over early on UX? I can count on one hand in the last 6 years as a 1K where it’s happened. DEN is my main connection point FWIW.
I had a fair amount of success historically at IAH with them when we've deplaned outdoors, but haven't had a need for this recently. I've had mixed luck when it's gate checked bags that are brought up into a jetway.
traveling bijorn likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

UPDATE: I called the 1K line and I was told that an order for the Blue handle had already been placed for me and I should receive it soon.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UPDATE: I called the 1K line and I was told that an order for the Blue handle had already been placed for me and I should receive it soon.
Hurrah!

David
Bruin1K likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium//JAL Global Club//HH Diamond//United 1K
That's what they told me when i emailed them on 18 march. Said it was ordered for me on 3 March and will take 4 to 6 weeks! So keeping my fingers crossed for 3 April.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by atzy99
That's what they told me when i emailed them on 18 march. Said it was ordered for me on 3 March and will take 4 to 6 weeks! So keeping my fingers crossed for 3 April.
Mine was in the mailbox on Thursday! This means there is hope!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:04 pm

Any million miler companions received a blue luggage handle?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by zdog2x
It’s definitely hit or miss, but when its a “hit” it can be amazing. Had to connect through ORD and was delayed in the inbound; ground crew brought my bag up first (and before they had finished unloading the others). Only reason i made the connection.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
Any million miler companions received a blue luggage handle?
My companion has not received one and I do not expect she will.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Requested one this morning via the chat in the app and they confirmed that the request was put in and the handle should be received in 6-8 weeks.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
My experience is that they do not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.