FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Type of Aircraft Does UA Use for HNL-NRT Flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1465127-what-type-aircraft-does-ua-use-hnl-nrt-flights.html)

50_fishing May 7, 2013 10:43 pm

Got the email about 2 weeks after the flight. The email includes a link to a page prompt for your travel date and flight number. The next page allow you to select $200 airline credit or 10,000 miles.

matsonjb May 8, 2013 3:43 am

Always go with the miles if they are worth it. I got offered $100 bucks or 15,000 and I took the miles...I don't know how they weren't equal but I didn't care.

edgewood49 May 8, 2013 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 20713714)
Okay I rechecked for you since you did provide the actual date of your flight it's currently scheduled to be flown with aircraft #2368 which is still in the old configuration.

In terms of seat I hear it's a pretty good seat although getting on aircraft with the reconfigured product is better. I can't comment though never flown in Global First (not yet at least ha). Entertainment will be looped entertainment. Here's a link of movies etc you can expect to see on your flight http://www.united.com/web/format/pdf...013-5-play.pdf.

Aircraft swaps do happen so keep checking flights stats I would say starting tomorrow or Thursday until day of your flight to see if it's changed to an IPTE configured aircraft. Aircraft #s 20xx, 27xx & 28xx all have the IPTE configuration. (These are the aircraft with AVOD) Aircraft #s 23xx and 29xx are the old 3-cabin configured aircraft that are yet to be reconfigured. (These are the aircraft with looped entertainment)

Having gone from the CO birds to the UA " almost ghetto bird) it's not pretty. In fact most are older worn birds. Such a shame because it use to be a great flight.

Hate to say it but prefer DL on this and only this run! I do the Guam run a lot.

sim510 May 8, 2013 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling (Post 20713919)
oh okay that is good to know.

Have you ever flown global first HNL/NRT?

Anything I should know, food, service lounges.

Im flyin Thai F to BKK

I really do enjoy flying Thai in first class. If you flying an A380 (not sure what their schedule is now) it is a very nice experience in global first. Expect to be picked up in a golf cart at BKK and whisked through immigration, off to baggage where you will be assisted in collecting your luggage, and then out to a waiting taxi! Superb service for first class passengers getting off of 3-class Thai aircraft!! Enjoy!! I've done it several times now, and I never get tired of the royal treatment.

EmailKid May 8, 2013 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by sim510 (Post 20719428)
Expect to be picked up in a golf cart at BKK and whisked through immigration, off to baggage where you will be assisted in collecting your luggage, and then out to a waiting taxi!

Hm, my one and only TG FC got the cart and fast track Immigration, but it was off to CityLink train for me :(

Didn't have luggage, so just went straight to the exit ... maybe I was too fast for them :eek:

For the record mine was the evening flight from NRT.

EmailKid

Always Flyin May 8, 2013 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by sim510 (Post 20719428)
I really do enjoy flying Thai in first class. If you flying an A380 (not sure what their schedule is now) it is a very nice experience in global first. Expect to be picked up in a golf cart at BKK and whisked through immigration, off to baggage where you will be assisted in collecting your luggage, and then out to a waiting taxi! Superb service for first class passengers getting off of 3-class Thai aircraft!! Enjoy!! I've done it several times now, and I never get tired of the royal treatment.

TG flies the A380 to HKG and I believe Paris at present.

As far as the airport meet and greet, you can also get it from a private company if not arriving in F on a TG flight: http://www.thailongstay.co.th/backoffice/service.html

Evident Jun 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by 50_fishing (Post 20715405)
Got the email about 2 weeks after the flight. The email includes a link to a page prompt for your travel date and flight number. The next page allow you to select $200 airline credit or 10,000 miles.

sorry to bump the thread, but i was on this flight on another date and was on an older configuration 747. do you think if i reached out they would comp me some miles or is it not worth it? whom would i reach out to?

N515CR Jun 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling (Post 20713631)
Can you tell me what I should expect in terms of seat?

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 20713714)
In terms of seat I hear it's a pretty good seat although getting on aircraft with the reconfigured product is better. I can't comment though never flown in Global First (not yet at least ha). Entertainment will be looped entertainment. Here's a link of movies etc you can expect to see on your flight http://www.united.com/web/format/pdf...013-5-play.pdf.

If it shows 3 rows in GF, it's the old config. 2 rows is IPTE.

Having flown both, the seats themselves aren't that different, IMHO (Biz Class is a different story). Both are quite comfortable. The IFE is the major difference as the old config is looped or cassettes and the IPTE has AVOD.

emanon256 Jun 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by wwu123 (Post 20714673)
Did you get the e-mail before or after you flew? Because I'm also scheduled to fly this route next week on an old configuration 777 in F, yet when I booked it was a 747. When I e-mailed about the two First segments both being demoted after booking to older aircraft, all they offered was I could get a no-penalty refund.

On a different, route, but I booked UA DEN-HNL in a 3-cabin sUA 777, in Global First, it was an old config, but I was hoping for a swap to the new, but would have been happy with the old. Suddenly it changed to a domestic 2 cabin sUA 752. I called and was told Domestic first is equivalent to global first, which was a lie. I am hoping they do something.

exerda Jun 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by emanon256 (Post 20911631)
On a different, route, but I booked UA DEN-HNL in a 3-cabin sUA 777, in Global First, it was an old config, but I was hoping for a swap to the new, but would have been happy with the old. Suddenly it changed to a domestic 2 cabin sUA 752. I called and was told Domestic first is equivalent to global first, which was a lie. I am hoping they do something.

Heck, domestic F isn't even equivalent to C on 3-class a/c. :eek:

emanon256 Jun 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 20911654)
Heck, domestic F isn't even equivalent to C on 3-class a/c. :eek:

Yeah, I am really surprised they think that on the phone. Seems odd they would down gauge an 8-9 our flight, especially when hey keep bragging that all long hauls now hive lie flats. I checked for weeks and they are all sUA Domestic 752s now. In my experience it was always a wide body for years, usually a 3 class. They did often run the 752 on the DEN-OGG. I assumed the DEN-HNL went on to NRT.

50_fishing Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm

I think the email was target. When I booked the flight, it was the new 772 configurations. About 1 month before travel, UA swicthed the flight to the old 772 and I lost my reserve seats! Since I caught the switch early, I selected another 2 seats for me and my wife. I didn't made any complaint or contact UA. So it was a pleasant surprise that both me and my wife got the email and pocket a total of 20K miles. That made our saver award from Honolulu to Thailand 27.5 K each.