FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Type of Aircraft Does UA Use for HNL-NRT Flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1465127-what-type-aircraft-does-ua-use-hnl-nrt-flights.html)

LovesTraveling May 7, 2013 2:49 pm

nrt

CALMSP May 7, 2013 2:53 pm

correct. HNL-NRT operates as a 3-class aircraft. You may get a non-refurbished 772 however.

JOSECONLSCREW28 May 7, 2013 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling (Post 20713428)
I am thinking about booking UA- HNL NRT in global first

traveling next week.

On seat guru it shows an aircraft that only has business first.

But when I called UA they say its 3 cabin and global first.

Can anyone tell me what ill expect on the weekend of may 10th of I am flying global first to narita?

will it be swapped out for a business first?

Currently it's schedule to operate with aircraft #2379 which in the old configuration, however this is subject to change.

50_fishing May 7, 2013 3:27 pm

If your aircraft is the old configuration, check your email from united. I was on the HNL-NRT flight end of March in J. The aircraft was the old configuration, United sent me an email offer a token of appreciation for $200 airline credit or 10,000 miles! Being a FT, I gladly accept the 10,000 miles.

LovesTraveling May 7, 2013 3:35 pm

JOSECONLSCREW28 May 7, 2013 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling (Post 20713631)
I am flying on may 11th it is showing 3 class.

Can you tell me what I should expect in terms of seat?

Also is their a good chance aircraft swap?

Thats good, i switched the flight to Global first specifcally because KE or OZ only flies 2 cabin

Okay I rechecked for you since you did provide the actual date of your flight it's currently scheduled to be flown with aircraft #2368 which is still in the old configuration.

In terms of seat I hear it's a pretty good seat although getting on aircraft with the reconfigured product is better. I can't comment though never flown in Global First (not yet at least ha). Entertainment will be looped entertainment. Here's a link of movies etc you can expect to see on your flight http://www.united.com/web/format/pdf...013-5-play.pdf.

Aircraft swaps do happen so keep checking flights stats I would say starting tomorrow or Thursday until day of your flight to see if it's changed to an IPTE configured aircraft. Aircraft #s 20xx, 27xx & 28xx all have the IPTE configuration. (These are the aircraft with AVOD) Aircraft #s 23xx and 29xx are the old 3-cabin configured aircraft that are yet to be reconfigured. (These are the aircraft with looped entertainment)

mduell May 7, 2013 3:57 pm

Expect http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni..._777-200_1.php

LovesTraveling May 7, 2013 4:18 pm

JOSECONLSCREW28 May 7, 2013 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling (Post 20713852)
is their a chance they swap for a 2 cabin aircraft?

Nope all 2-cabin 777 aircraft are either sCO operated and the sUA operated ones only operate mainland - hawaii, hawaii - guam, and guam - narita routes.

LovesTraveling May 7, 2013 4:37 pm

Always Flyin May 7, 2013 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling (Post 20713919)
oh okay that is good to know.

Have you ever flown global first HNL/NRT?

Anything I should know, food, service lounges.

Im flyin Thai F to BKK

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

UA closed the first class lounge at HNL years ago, and it wasn't a great loss anyway. You will use the United Club.

Everything else is pretty standard United.

wwu123 May 7, 2013 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by 50_fishing (Post 20713593)
If your aircraft is the old configuration, check your email from united. I was on the HNL-NRT flight end of March in J. The aircraft was the old configuration, United sent me an email offer a token of appreciation for $200 airline credit or 10,000 miles! Being a FT, I gladly accept the 10,000 miles.

Did you get the e-mail before or after you flew? Because I'm also scheduled to fly this route next week on an old configuration 777 in F, yet when I booked it was a 747. When I e-mailed about the two First segments both being demoted after booking to older aircraft, all they offered was I could get a no-penalty refund.

LovesTraveling May 7, 2013 8:00 pm

EmailKid May 7, 2013 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by wwu123 (Post 20714673)
Did you get the e-mail before or after you flew? Because I'm also scheduled to fly this route next week on an old configuration 777 in F, yet when I booked it was a 747.

I've had a flight or two with downgrade, and never been offered anything :rolleyes:

Then again, last Thanksgiving UA got me to my destination 24 hours late despite promises that they will hold the plane, and I received no apology or certs :(

Now it is my understanding that the rotation of these birds may include SFO-HNL and IAH-HNL, so if it is like the one I flew, I saw them ask pax for their choice of movies, and then they were handed Hi8 tapes to play themselves. Diddn't see the size of the monitor, but can tell you that Global 1st had lie flat bed seats.

EmailKid

Always Flyin May 7, 2013 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by AriLovesTraveling (Post 20714760)
Would you have taken OZ J (two cabin) or Global F?

Assuming that is the older OZ J, which I am fairly certain it is from HNL to ICN, United would be FAR better to NRT.

If it was the new Quadra business seat, I would take OZ.