Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Aircraft registration / tail number for past UA / CO flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Resources

Historical flight info
www.flightstats.com
www.flightaware.com

US DOT information of domestic flights --
BTS - departures
Narrow search to the desired day and departure airport --

smb12's simplified interface to the BTS tail number data

FT Travel Tools forum - Historical Flight Data (Merged threads)

United Fleet Tracking -- provides a cross-reference of present equipment and tail numbers
Print Wikipost

Aircraft registration / tail number for past UA / CO flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
This is perfect. Thanks!
Whoa...that is a lot of data. But it does the job. Thanks!

Now I can also calculate how much time I've spent taxiing over the years.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
How to find aircraft registration for UA 502 11/19/13?

UA 502 from SFO-JFK, it was a 752, departed 4:35pm from SFO, landed after 12:30am EST at JFK. I can't seem to find the aircraft registration info anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by getsetjetset
ua 502 from sfo-jfk, it was a 752, departed 4:35pm from sfo, landed after 12:30am est at jfk. I can't seem to find the aircraft registration info anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
5318 n518ua
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:20 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
UA 502 from SFO-JFK, it was a 752, departed 4:35pm from SFO, landed after 12:30am EST at JFK. I can't seem to find the aircraft registration info anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Just FYI, for PMUA planes, UA's flight status information will list the nose number (also referred to as fleet number). If you don't know the general tail number for the plane type (e.g., N5__UA for 757s, N1__UA for 747s, etc.), you can cross-reference with a list like the UA Fleet list on the FlyerGuide wiki. The first two digits of the nose number will indicate what the plane type is. Then just plug the last two numbers into the __ part (e.g., nose number #5318 is a 757, so it's N518UA).

Don't know if there is an easy conversion/reference for the PMCO fleet or 787s. From a quick look at the CO Fleet list on the FlyerGuide wiki, it seems that only the 738 fleet has multiple planes with the same last two digits, but there seem to be a lot of other nose numbering quirks as well.

For after the fact research, you can try searching ACARS data (acarsd.org, libhomeradar.org), or use the Deatiled Departure Statistics search on the US gov BTS website (domestic departures only, certain airlines only, takes about 2 months to update).
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:36 am

How to search past flight status and information?

On UA.com one can check for a period of four days, current, one day prior and two days ahead. Is there any way that I check status for past dates outside these parameters?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
On UA.com one can check for a period of four days, current, one day prior and two days ahead. Is there any way that I check status for past dates outside these parameters?
If you use mobile.united.com in your web browser you can change the date in the address field. From like say today February 9th to something like February 5th or whatever. For example:

https://mobile.united.com/FlightStat...5-fbb2fc9cab53
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
If you use mobile.united.com in your web browser you can change the date in the address field. From like say today February 9th to something like February 5th or whatever. For example:

https://mobile.united.com/FlightStat...5-fbb2fc9cab53
I don't have a smartphone, so I tried Chrome and Firefox on my laptop and the same limited criteria pops up and restricts me to the 4 days. Same on my tablet. What am I doing wrong?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I don't have a smartphone, so I tried Chrome and Firefox on my laptop and the same limited criteria pops up and restricts me to the 4 days. Same on my tablet. What am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure. I'm on my laptop as well and just changed the date in the browser field. Upon further checking it seems to only let you go back 7 days and forward 7 days.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
They used to have 6 months+ history. Now they charge you $25 per flight to get a receipt/itinerary
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:59 pm

Well, I guess that answers my question then
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What details are you looking for? If it is just arrival/departure time the DoT and FlightAware have the data. If you want Tail Number the DoT/BTS data has that, too. The DoT/BTS data is delayed a bit and reasonably hard to search on the DoT site. I have data current through 30 November 2014* in an easier search interface here: http://wandr.me/bts.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.

*That's the most recent data the BTS has published to its website.

Last edited by sbm12; Feb 9, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
What details are you looking for? If it is just arrival/departure time the DoT and FlightAware have the data. If you want Tail Number the DoT/BTS data has that, too. The DoT/BTS data is delayed a bit and reasonably hard to search on the DoT site. I have data current through 30 November 2014* in an easier search interface here: http://wandr.me/bts.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.

*That's the most recent data the BTS has published to its website.
Thanks for the helpful information. Was looking for Int'l flight in January.
Eventually I found it. Again thanks so much^
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Finding the plane Registration Number for old flights?

How do I go about finding the plane registration number for flights that happened, say, over a month ago? I know about the United Fleet Tracking page, but in this case I can't find the UA plane number for flights that I took in April.

Is there a way to get this info?

Thanks,
mvitale
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by mvitale
How do I go about finding the plane registration number for flights that happened, say, over a month ago? I know about the United Fleet Tracking page, but in this case I can't find the UA plane number for flights that I took in April.

Thanks,
mvitale
Were these domestic or international flights? If domestic you could use bts.gov and get the info that way.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by mvitale

Thanks,
mvitale
JOSECONLSCREW28 is right about the domestic stuff, but I'd be happy to take a quick peek. what's the flight/date/#?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.