Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New MileagePlus terms to accept upon logging on? (regular request to re-accept T&Cs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MileagePlus terms to accept upon logging on? (regular request to re-accept T&Cs)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:24 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mherdeg
See discussion in 2013, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...n-logging.html .

United prompts you to accept the MileagePlus t&c once a year when logging in. Has it been a year since the last time you accepted the t&c? ....
Yep, just the annual checkin, no change in wording -- did mine last week.

The text from last year is in post #13 (as just noted by the original poster).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 16, 2015 at 1:30 am Reason: original poster had already linked last year's T&Cs
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
The rules seem to be there to protect UA from nuisance suits. It won't work.

There are times that you buy an upgrade and something happens (overbooking, equipment change, IRROPS on another flight, etc.) that forces them to take that upgrade away. They are just documenting that fact.

The nastiest parts of this seem more targetted to people who are selling upgrades and awards. Several paragraphs with some no nonsense language.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:11 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Had my annual checkup this morning about 10 minutes ago
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Originally Posted by goalie
Had my annual checkup this morning about 10 minutes ago
<Coughs>
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by drewguy
<Coughs>
Coughs. Coughs. Coughs.

My associate who is 1K MM, got this 2 years ago.

He never accepted it and united.com keeps reminding him for 2 years until he clicked "accept".

UA is very persistent.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P
New T&C for MileagePlus?

Hi there!

When I just logged in to my United account it asked me to agree to new terms & conditions. Anyone else saw that? Maybe someone even looked at them and compared them to see the differences? Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LXFlyer
Hi there!

When I just logged in to my United account it asked me to agree to new terms & conditions. Anyone else saw that? Maybe someone even looked at them and compared them to see the differences? Thanks!
Usually, once a quarter or every 6 months, you have to agree. Nothing has changed.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Usually, once a quarter or every 6 months, you have to agree. Nothing has changed.
Believe it just annually
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Oh thanks
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Unhappy New Terms Acceptance when logging into UA account

Sorry if there is already a thread on this and if there is could someone please point me there. What is the summary of the new terms that United wants you to accept to login into your MileagePlus account?>
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Talking about this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ty-update.html
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
New MileagePlus Rules?

While logging into my account today, I was presented with a click-through to update my contact information and to accept TOS, which I'm unable to determine whether are new TOS, or reaffirm the ones I've already accepted. I assume they're new. If so, does anyone know what the changes are?

MileagePlus program rules, terms, conditions and legal notices
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It seems like if you log into united.com and have not viewed and accepted the program T&C in the past 12 months they will show you this screen and ask you to view and accept the program T&C.

Changes to the program T&C happen on a separate timetable and seem to be unrelated to the "please accept this once every 12 months" process.

We get a post about this every few months as someone notices and doesn't remember having seen it before (come to think of it I'm not sure I have seen this is the past 12 months -- but SUPPOSEDLY it's annual).
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:14 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I don't recall ever being asked to sign anything like this in 26 years with United. I have been asked to update my profile from time to time and always ignore that since nothing has changed.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 1P
I don't recall ever being asked to sign anything like this in 26 years with United.
Here's one thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...n-logging.html

Pops up every year or so, may have something to do with the early 2012 back-end changes.

Maybe some accounts are flagged as "legacy already accepted" ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.