FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Question about Asia BF seat availability (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1439599-question-about-asia-bf-seat-availability.html)

pinerd Feb 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Question about Asia BF seat availability

I'm looking at KIX-SFO on May 23 and the 777 shows the GF section is essentially empty, E+ is empty, E- is maybe 1/3 full. But BF is filled up except 7 seats!

Is this real? or has UA blocked a number of seats? I'm mostly wondering because I'm in E+ and have a GPU to try to get into BF. RN is currently zero (as always) but if there really are only 7 seats left, there's no chance...

scottish_colin Feb 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by pinerd (Post 20266692)
I'm looking at KIX-SFO on May 23 and the 777 shows the GF section is essentially empty, E+ is empty, E- is maybe 1/3 full. But BF is filled up except 7 seats!

Is this real? or has UA blocked a number of seats? I'm mostly wondering because I'm in E+ and have a GPU to try to get into BF. RN is currently zero (as always) but if there really are only 7 seats left, there's no chance...

What does the actual fare class availability show? J, C, D, etc.

Not uncommon at all to see those sorts of loads this far out. Also, I've seen 30+ people not get cleared into BF, and I've been 7th on the list to not clear into GF as a GS on a full J fare.

mduell Feb 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Seat maps do not reflect actual loads.

pinerd Feb 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by scottish_colin (Post 20266768)
What does the actual fare class availability show? J, C, D, etc.

Not uncommon at all to see those sorts of loads this far out. Also, I've seen 30+ people not get cleared into BF, and I've been 7th on the list to not clear into GF as a GS on a full J fare.

J, C, D = 9
Z = 8
P = 4

Seat map shows 7 seats open (I know it's not the best metric)

Just weird to see BF availability low and GF, E+, E- pretty empty.

mathgeek1978 Feb 17, 2013 9:04 pm

It is very common for transpac Asian routes to have a large number of PAID GF and BF passengers. Which is also one of the reasons that there are so few R-spaces. Flights like SFO --> HKG are almost always R0. Corporate culture and policies are largely different. It is almost like an insult for an executive of a large coporation to fly coach.

5khours Feb 17, 2013 9:48 pm

That far out is a total crap-shoot. Mid-week in general is obviously better.

pinerd Feb 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by mathgeek1978 (Post 20267610)
It is almost like an insult for an executive of a large coporation to fly coach.

I guess I should feel insulted... :( My company only paid for coach...