FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Anyone else have problems saving United .vcs files to Outlook (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1437917-anyone-else-have-problems-saving-united-vcs-files-outlook.html)

mre5765 Apr 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Use tripit.com

WineCountryUA Apr 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by mre5765 (Post 20620004)
Use tripit.com

if you want to use Outlook, tripit is no easier -- in fact harder path to Outlook. If not an Outlook user, tripit might be an alternative, although it generates extra email.

avi8tir Apr 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by mre5765 (Post 20620004)
Use tripit.com

Not a fan of tripit... It's not quite as slick as it needs to be.

Every time you make a change and the change hits your email, it sees it as a new flight..... Creating conflicts within tripit.

gayste Apr 20, 2013 4:43 pm

With Outlook 2013, it was doing the same thing... it put the appointment in a new calendar and I could not figure out how to "move" it to the correct calendar (but I did not try too hard to find out how)

I got it to go to my default calendar by "downloading" the cvs first and THEN opening it from my computer. Once I did it that way the appointment was in the correct calendar.

WineCountryUA Apr 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by gayste (Post 20624746)
... it put the appointment in a new calendar and I could not figure out how to "move" it to the correct calendar (but I did not try too hard to find out how) ....

drag/drop to the right day, it snaps to the right times

DEN Apr 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by cdnwetzel (Post 20618074)
have reproduced this issue here also, one of my staff was having the issue and I was able to reproduce on my PC also, anything further from United suggesting a fix?

I haven't found a good solution besides the work arounds others have noted. No additional response from United, which doesn't supprise me....they have bigger problems than this. It's just annoying.

DEN

DENflyer3 Apr 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Anyone else have problems saving United .vcs files to Outlook

You'll clearly don't understand the intranet! The only winning move is not to play

cdnwetzel Apr 23, 2013 9:27 am

thanks for the reply

thanks for the update, I have suggested the drag/move option and iPhone app options to my user, since both seem to be less steps than the longer File, Open, Import/Export, etc. that MS suggests

for what it's worth, maybe if more people find these posts and send e-mail too, it might eventually prompt a fix? wishful thinking at least...

Originally Posted by DEN (Post 20634395)
I haven't found a good solution besides the work arounds others have noted. No additional response from United, which doesn't supprise me....they have bigger problems than this. It's just annoying.

DEN

gayste Apr 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 20624856)
drag/drop to the right day, it snaps to the right times

The drag and drop did not work for me.

WineCountryUA Apr 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by gayste (Post 20642355)
The drag and drop did not work for me.

Do you have the two calendars side by side and clicked on the desired segment and dragged to your regular calendar? (You don't drag and drop the cvs file itself -- it needs to be opened in Outlook.)

Ecuacoflyer Jun 3, 2013 2:26 pm

No help from United web support

I called them and they said all was fine from there side! I was able to do a drag and drop with parallel calendars but it is a hassle. It used to work directly.

milesunited Nov 17, 2013 8:49 am

Thank you United for almost fixing the export to Outlook function. For one leg flights only, it now only creates a meeting within your calendar whereas it used to create an entirely new calendar. It still creates an entirely new calendar for flights with more than one leg.