Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2013 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

This thead is ONLY for:
International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Class
Domestic First, BusinessFirst, and Business Class
International & Domestic Economy Class
This thread should have the Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class meal information.

Domestic is defined as flights within the USA (states and territories).

Please note that the following International destinations feature DOMESTIC meal service in Business and should be posted in the THIS thread.
Acapulco, Aguadilla, Antigua, Aruba, Belize City, Bermuda, Cancun, Cozumel, Freeport, Grand Cayman, Guadalajara, Guatemala City, Huatulco, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Leon, Liberia, Managua, Mazatlan, Mérida, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, San Jose del Cabo, San Juan, San Pedro Sula, San Salvador, Santo Domingo, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Tegucigalpa

Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

Meal service in Domestic Premium Cabins depend on some factors:
  • Flight distance/duration
  • Local departure time
  • Mainline or Express

For mainline flights Less than 220 miles (Approximately 1 hour or less):
  • Biscoff® cookies served with the beverage of your choice for flights departing between 0500 and 0959
  • Pretzels served with the beverage of your choice for flights departing between 1000 and 0459

For mainline flights between 220 – 699 miles (Approximately 1 – 2 hours):
  • Warmed, all-natural breakfast scones served with the beverage of your choice for flights departing between 0500 and 0959
  • A selection of premium snacks and fresh fruit served with the beverage of your choice for flights departing between 1000 and 0459
  • The meal code for these flights is REFRESHMENTS

For mainline flights between 700 – 2,299 miles (Approximately 2 – 5 hours):
  • A full breakfast meal service for flights departing between 0500 and 0959
  • A full lunch meal service with dessert for flights departing between 1000 and 1259
  • A light and refreshing snack for flights departing between 1300 and 1559
  • A fill dinner meal service with dessert for flights departing between 1600 and 1859
  • A light and refreshing snack for flights departing between 1900 and 0459
  • The meal code for these flights are BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, or SNACK

For mainline flights greater than 2,300 miles (Approximately 5 hours or longer):
  • Flights departing between 0500 and 0959 feature a full breakfast service followed by a pre-arrival selection of premium snacks and fresh fruit. These flights are coded as BREAKFAST, REFRESHMENTS
  • Flights departing between 1000 and 1559 feature a full lunch service with ice cream sundae dessert, followed by a pre-arrival selection of premium snacks and fresh fruit. These flights are coded as LUNCH, REFRESHMENTS
  • Flights departing between 1600 and 1959 feature a full dinner service with ice cream sundae dessert, followed by a pre-arrival selection of of premium snacks and fresh fruit. These flights are coded as DINNER, REFRESHMENTS
  • Flights departing between 2000 and 0459 feature a light and refreshing snack followed by a pre-arrival warm scone. These flights are coded as SNACK, REFRESHMENTS

For United Express® flights longer than 700 miles (regardless of departure time):
  • Enjoy complimentary snackboxes featuring high-quality, brand-name foods.

For more details on meal services please refer to:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...st/dining.aspx

For the curious folks, the 2012 thread is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-class.html

With that, Let's Eat 2013!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
reserved
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime FT lurker, and just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring here. I flew F from EWR to SFO on 12/17, on UA 1462 leaving at 7:00 pm.

The dinner service was the P.S. standard, and was all in all pretty good. My only complaint would be that the EWR-based crew wasn't particularly friendly, and the senior purser serving us was VERY slow. He served the first beverage service with the appetizer, instead of giving us the drinks/nuts beforehand. I slept through the snack service, so not sure what was served there.

* PDB of choice before departure

* Tray of warm nuts, salad, and cut salmon appetizer

* Steak served with bread pudding and green beans

* And of course, a sundae

Photos are here; I can't figure out how to embed them in my post.
https://plus.google.com/photos/11827...LCAr5W-8P782QE

Not too bad for a domestic flight, though I've heard DL does better on the NYC-SFO route.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Flyguy85
Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime FT lurker, and just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring here. I flew F from EWR to SFO on 12/17, on UA 1462 leaving at 7:00 pm.

The dinner service was the P.S. standard, and was all in all pretty good. My only complaint would be that the EWR-based crew wasn't particularly friendly, and the senior purser serving us was VERY slow. He served the first beverage service with the appetizer, instead of giving us the drinks/nuts beforehand. I slept through the snack service, so not sure what was served there.

* PDB of choice before departure

* Tray of warm nuts, salad, and cut salmon appetizer

* Steak served with bread pudding and green beans

* And of course, a sundae

Photos are here; I can't figure out how to embed them in my post.
https://plus.google.com/photos/11827...LCAr5W-8P782QE

Not too bad for a domestic flight, though I've heard DL does better on the NYC-SFO route.
Thanks for posting the pics!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Are these meals/snacks also given for an award flight? seems that I see no meal offered only for purchase while looking for an award flight from the east coast to hawaii and stop in san francisco.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by duranza
Are these meals/snacks also given for an award flight? seems that I see no meal offered only for purchase while looking for an award flight from the east coast to hawaii and stop in san francisco.
As long as there is a meal service in FC doesn't matter if it is a award, or an upgrade to FC you will get a meal.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:49 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Any recent experiences with transcon (BOS-SFO) lunches? Single tray + sundae?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
As long as there is a meal service in FC doesn't matter if it is a award, or an upgrade to FC you will get a meal.
Here is one of the flights I was looking at . No Meals, listed only for purchase

Depart:
7:48 a.m.
Thu., Jan. 10, 2013
Rochester, NY (ROC)

Arrive:
12:32 p.m.
Thu., Jan. 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA (SFO)

Flight: UA261
Aircraft: Airbus A320
Fare Class: United First (IN)
Meal: Food for Purchase
No Special Meal Offered.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Here is one of the flights I was looking at . No Meals, listed only for purchase

Depart:
Thu., Jan. 10, 2013
Rochester, NY (ROC)

Arrive:
Thu., Jan. 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA (SFO)

No Special Meal Offered.
i assume this is a thru flight via ORD.

on ROC-ORD segment you would get either a light breakfast snack or a scone in first class.
the ORD-SFO segment would be a lunch flight. you can check the 2012 thread for an idea of what you might get on the menu. often it is a choice between a salad and a wrap or other type of sandwich, and soup.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

Depart:
Thu., Jan. 10, 2013
Rochester, NY (ROC)

Arrive:
Thu., Jan. 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA (SFO)

No Special Meal Offered.
This is a common united.com coding error. Sad they haven't fixed it by now.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
7 Jan, 2013
UA 535 JFK - LAX
United First (p.s.)

*Beverage service with warm cashews in a ramekin...

*Melon/cold-cut plate and a salad (forgot to snap a picture of the appetizer)...

*Butternut squash "tri-color" ravioli that wasn't actually tri-color, but still very tasty:

*The classic p.s. sundae... I do mine with caramel and chopped nuts:

For a domestic flight I have absolutely zero complaints. Food hit the spot and was tasty, angled lie-flat was more than adequate for a 5 1/2 hour transcon (and I napped for a good hour in there without sliding off the seat like some passeners complain about... apparently I napped through the pre-arrival cookie ). Service from the purser was truly top notch: attentive but not overbearing.

That said, I can tell the p.s. brand is definitely on its way out... the menu only said "transcontinental premium cabin", which I take to mean that catering is now the same in both F or C.

Last edited by thomwithanh; Jan 8, 2013 at 6:07 pm Reason: no pre-arrival cookie for me
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by thomwithanh

That said, I can tell the p.s. brand is definitely on its way out... the menu only said "transcontinental premium cabin", which I take to mean that catering is now the same in both F or C.
I noticed that also on two of the flights that I took in F 2 weeks ago, it was only written Trans Premium Cabin menu...the same menu was distributed in the C cabin as well
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
7 Jan, 2013
UA 535 JFK - LAX
United First (p.s.)

For a domestic flight I have absolutely zero complaints. Food hit the spot and was tasty, angled lie-flat was more than adequate for a 5 1/2 hour transcon (and I napped for a good hour in there without sliding off the seat like some passeners complain about). Service from the purser was truly top notch: attentive but not overbearing.

Nice to see that the stemmed wine glasses live on, despite it being in F only. And that they still have the Tulip!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Paper ramekins??

DEN-IAD 752 today. I've not seen this before.

Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by limey1K
DEN-IAD 752 today. I've not seen this before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.