Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Another time for treat? "United.com is currently undergoing maintenance"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Just saw this banner on .bomb
"United.com is currently undergoing maintenance, you may experience slower response times. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Any FTer found good treat?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
UA little elves are behind the scenes, finally installing the "changes we are going to like."

Actually, I think they are changing the descriptions for the various Premeir levels. 1K is going to be changed to read "Over-entitled 1K".

In all serious, it is an odd time to be doing routine maintenance - during the week, and during the height of the summer travel season. I wouldn't schedule routine maintenance during this period. Very strange.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:46 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
whatever it was, it is done.

It does appear the removal of the “Map of Dreams” bonus has been completed with formal enteries and all the mileage totals now agree.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 27, 2012 at 12:57 am Reason: link
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
whatever it was, it is done.

It does appear the removal of the “Map of Dreams” bonus has been completed with formal enteries and all the mileage totals now agree.
+1. I'm seeing the same thing on my account. Thanks so much, UA.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Boghopper
+1. I'm seeing the same thing on my account. Thanks so much, UA.
Yes.... Thanks for showing the accounting of you removing my miles.

You're the best!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: United 1K
They were also having a ton of seating-map issues yesterday, and seat selections were not saving online or mobile... had to call in to get them saved. And don't even get me started on that experience.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by LEONIDES
In all serious, it is an odd time to be doing routine maintenance - during the week, and during the height of the summer travel season. I wouldn't schedule routine maintenance during this period. Very strange.
It didn't say "routine" maintenance. This isn't an oil change and swapping the brake pads after 90K miles; this is replacing the sparking alternator, pouring some leak-stop around the head gasket and lashing the muffler to the undercarriage with a bent coat hanger.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Originally Posted by PVDProf
It didn't say "routine" maintenance. This isn't an oil change and swapping the brake pads after 90K miles; this is replacing the sparking alternator, pouring some leak-stop around the head gasket and lashing the muffler to the undercarriage with a bent coat hanger.
OK, that was funny!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:30 pm
Suspended

w/o being logged in looking at a 12/12 EWR-SAN it showed me the fare in Euros?! and had Belgium (English) noted as my Country

zippo on the MoD they took the 15k they gave me and they should be returning 25k had the 1/2/4 deal. Called up afters eeing others got theirs posted to only hear "It will be posted only on July 28"
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
w/o being logged in looking at a 12/12 EWR-SAN it showed me the fare in Euros?! and had Belgium (English) noted as my Country
Does that to me all the time. I get China, Russia, all kinds of countries and currencies even though I am in the US and have always had US and English saved.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: United Platinum, American EXP
Originally Posted by PVDProf
This is smack-the-side-of-the-757-monitor-to-make-it-stop-flickering-style maintenance.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
Apparently, you can now track your position in the CPU queue via the full website now. That is a bonus. So we no longer have to use the mobile webiste.

I was tired of constantly refreshing that screen on my cell phone, while sitting at my desk with my laptop turned on.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Apparently, you can now track your position in the CPU queue via the full website now. That is a bonus. So we no longer have to use the mobile webiste.

I was tired of constantly refreshing that screen on my cell phone, while sitting at my desk with my laptop turned on.
Hate to break it to you but mobile.united.com worked just fine in full-scale browsers...

Upgrade lists hit the core website a week or so ago I think.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: VAG

I don't know what the point of an upgrade queue is, when people can apparently be added at arbitrary positions in the "queue". That's not a queue, it's a jumble!

On my last flight I was second in the upgrade queue when I got to the gate at theoretical boarding time. By the time we took off, two hours late, I was tenth.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jorgen
I don't know what the point of an upgrade queue is, ...
it has never been a time linear queue -- it has always been a priority waitlist which can change order if a higher priority passenger is added to the list.

But we are getting far OT here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.