Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended routing DEN-BLR-MAA-DEN?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:32 pm
ssh
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Question Recommended routing DEN-BLR-MAA-DEN?

Since I'm having such a struggle finding a routing that works for this trip, I'm hoping my FlyerTalk friends may have some ideas.

I'm heading to Bangalore and will need to be there for three days 27-29 August and then over to Chennai for 30-31 August before heading home. Obviously, I'd like the best chance at an upgrade over the pond (which looked to me like SEA-NRT), but the systems want to route me via FRA with FRA-BLR and MAA-FRA on LH.

What do you think? What would you recommend for this first trip of mine to India?

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA GS/3MM, DL Gold/Million Miler, AA Exec Plat/Million Miler, Emirates Gold
I don't think NRT- India connections are that good, meaning you would likely have to fly into either BOM/DEL and then do a domestic connect from one of those cities into BLR.
FRA- India is a well oiled machine on LH including non stops FRA-BLR and MAA-FRA. Also the FRA-BLR flight is like the SJC- AUS flights, full of high tech travelers so some good networking is possible. Last, make sure you depart BLR-MAA before 8 am or after 7 pm else you will get killed by traffic from BLR proper to the airport (off peak takes 70 minutes, other times takes ~ 2hrs+)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:52 pm
ssh
Original Poster

I was looking at SIN-BLR or BKK-BLR from NRT.

I assume virtually no chance for an upgrade FRA-BLR or MAA-FRA... It's been a while since I've flown LH proper. Recommendations?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:57 pm
ssh
Original Poster

Hmmm... still looking at this... wondering if:

DEN-FRA-BLR outbound and MAA-BKK-NRT-DEN return makes sense... cost looks a bit lower...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.