Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ANC to GAY: Did United Recently Change Partners?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

For the past 3 or 4 months I've been pricing an award ticket for travel between ANC and GAY in November and it's been consistently available for 40K each way. I never booked because I was short on miles but today I checked and it now says in reference to GAY that "Either the information you entered is not valid or the airport is not served by United or our partners. Please revise your entry".

Does anyone know if something has permanently change or is this is a temporary glitch? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Wikipedia lists Air India (AI) & Thai (TG) as SA partners serving Gaya, India (GAY).

The TG is marked as "seasonal."

The Wikipedia lists AI as service from DEL and others but looks like it may be "seasonal" also - but operates in November.

Might just be a AI award problem.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...a-flights.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...xperinces.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 9, 2015 at 10:58 pm
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Check the individual segments. Or call in and ans the agent to check them. The error message is misleading but it sounds like there's not availability for your search.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:01 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

The TG is marked as "seasonal."
Correct - TG GAY service has always been seasonal.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the input. I know Thai is seasonal but the dates I have been searching are in season and they were giving results before. I haven't changed search dates but now get this error. I'm hoping it's just temporary.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Kyonn
Thanks all for the input. I know Thai is seasonal but the dates I have been searching are in season and they were giving results before. I haven't changed search dates but now get this error. I'm hoping it's just temporary.
Check the individual chunks of the trip. I'm betting that there is no more availability on one segment rather than a bug on the site.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Check the individual chunks of the trip. I'm betting that there is no more availability on one segment rather than a bug on the site.
Wouldn't it say not available instead of "airport is not served by United or our partners" ?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Wouldn't it say not available instead of "airport is not served by United or our partners" ?
Did a little checking -- presently Gaya, India (GAY) is not listed as an airport choice for united.com This is true for paid or award and also the beta site.

So for now you will need to call.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Did a little checking -- presently Gaya, India (GAY) is not listed as an airport choice for united.com This is true for paid or award and also the beta site.

So for now you will need to call.
Thanks for the info, I wonder why it was dropped. I hope it comes back.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:19 pm

United site is having problems. Previously I was able to search award flights using "PAR" for all airports in Paris, but now it gave the error message "airport is not served by United or partners". I had to use CDG and ORY. I think their airport list got messed up by their excellent IT.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Sensible error messages have never been United's strong suit.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Sensible error messages have never been United's strong suit.
Quote of the week!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Well I should finally have enough miles when my credit card statement closes this month but GAY is still unavailable online, anyone care to share tips for calling in?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

As I feared GAY is no longer offered through United. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get from SEA/ANC to GAY I would love to hear them. I have ample points on all the major carriers except Delta.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:48 pm

As I feared GAY is no longer offered through United. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get from SEA/ANC to GAY I would love to hear them. I have ample points on all the major carriers except Delta.
Yes, you can still get to GAY though UA and its partners.

*A service to GAY is available from
BKK on TG (seasonal)
CCU on AI
DEL on AI
RGN on AI
VNS on AI

Just build yourself an itinerary from ANC to one of those points and then from there to GAY. Don't trust any (but the best of) UA agents to figure this out; you'll likely need to provide flight numbers.

The only other carrier serving GAY which is part of one of the major alliances is UL (a One World airline) which has seasonal service from CMB.

Last edited by Indelaware; Jul 30, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.