Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Question - Still earn miles?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade Question - Still earn miles?

I'm a little confused on something and looking for clarification. I'm flying to Maui roundtrip and applied for an upgrade to First on the inbound part of the trip. We were wait listed on the IAH-LAX leg but confirmed for two seats for LAX-OGG. But now when I look at my itinerary it doesn't list any potential mileage earnings. I can understand not earning anything on the legs I actually upgraded but what about the others? For example, shouldn't I still earn miles on the way back?
Old May 23, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Fingolfin269
I'm a little confused on something and looking for clarification. I'm flying to Maui roundtrip and applied for an upgrade to First on the inbound part of the trip. We were wait listed on the IAH-LAX leg but confirmed for two seats for LAX-OGG. But now when I look at my itinerary it doesn't list any potential mileage earnings. I can understand not earning anything on the legs I actually upgraded but what about the others? For example, shouldn't I still earn miles on the way back?
You earn miles fror EVERY paid flight INCLUDING the ones you were upgraded on. For the upgraded flights you earn miles based on the FARE PAID, not class flown
Old May 23, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, 1M, HH Diamond
You still earn miles

Upgrades shouldn't affect miles earned. Whether upgraded or not you'll earn miles based on the class you booked.
Old May 23, 2012, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
The mileage earnings online have been wrong (in both directions) in the sCO systems for ages. You'll earn the miles you expect for the coach booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.