FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Where is my mobile boarding pass? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1332760-where-my-mobile-boarding-pass.html)

LAXJetter Apr 4, 2012 3:42 pm

Where is my mobile boarding pass?

I logged on to the united app and checked in for my two flights tomorrow. It then offered to either fax my boarding pax (lol) or email it so I can print it.
No mobile boarding pass for either leg :td:

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

Is this normal??

jastr Apr 4, 2012 3:53 pm

I haven't managed to get a mobile boarding pass since before 3/3. Used to work great before then.

LAXJetter Apr 4, 2012 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by jastr (Post 18336148)
I haven't managed to get a mobile boarding pass since before 3/3. Used to work great before then.

ahh lovely. i guess they would rather we use our 2 way pagers and fax machines :td:

"changes im sure you'll like"

mallodi Apr 4, 2012 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by gohima (Post 18336088)
I logged on to the united app and checked in for my two flights tomorrow. It then offered to either fax my boarding pax (lol) or email it so I can print it.

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

Is this normal??

Not normal as far as I'm concerned. I flew LAX-LAS this past weekend with no problems.

milski Apr 4, 2012 4:24 pm

Interesting, it might be JFK-related. I did get the mobile passes on SEA-SFO-JFK but not on the return JFK-SFO-SEA. Both were mid-March, after the final assimilation.

noah Apr 4, 2012 4:24 pm

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

Is this normal??

This happened to me recently flying JFK-SFO. Ultimately I just re-printed the BP when I arrived at JFK; not sure why the app didn't save appropriately.

Often1 Apr 4, 2012 4:26 pm

I've had no problems, but have flown with colleagues on the same flight who did.

mlbdenver Apr 4, 2012 10:41 pm

Having the same issue with GEG-SFO-DEN for tomorrow. No option for mobile boarding pass.

bsmnsr Apr 5, 2012 9:36 am

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

Is this normal??

Received all of my electronic boarding passes for PDX-SEA-IAD-XXX flight this past week via email. Received links to boarding passes and saved them to Offline pages. I'd selected the auto check-in function for the return flight.

I didn't have any issues.

Maybe it's a special change $mi/J thought only you would really like!

hans Apr 5, 2012 10:01 am

None for me on my last DEN-SFO-HNL-DEN flights. Not even an option last week although it's the only "media" I've used for the past year or so including this same itinerary.

sbm12 Apr 5, 2012 10:37 am

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

I didn't think that the TSA had the scanners at JFK. I don't remember seeing them there when I passed through 4 weeks ago.

emcampbe Apr 5, 2012 11:54 am

Was it just you flying, or were you traveling with someone else? My experience on PMCO is that I would never get a mobile BP option when traveling with my SO, but did when traveling alone. Since we're with PMCO system, in assuming that's still the case.

YoYoGodMom Apr 6, 2012 1:01 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 18341265)
Was it just you flying, or were you traveling with someone else? My experience on PMCO is that I would never get a mobile BP option when traveling with my SO, but did when traveling alone. Since we're with PMCO system, in assuming that's still the case.

Yes at least from https://hub.united.com/Connections/F...tal.aspx#faq55

"Mobile boarding passes for multiple party reservations cannot be stored to the wallet within the app at this time."

LAXJetter Apr 7, 2012 11:14 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 18340750)
I didn't think that the TSA had the scanners at JFK. I don't remember seeing them there when I passed through 4 weeks ago.

They do indeed have the scanners. I hadn't had an issue with it before ex-jfk which makes it odd.

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 18341265)

I was traveling alone. I guess shares doesn't like me. Not my first glitch nor my last.

emcampbe Apr 7, 2012 6:47 pm

Got a mobile BP just fine flying CVG - CLE last night.