FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Where is my mobile boarding pass? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1332760-where-my-mobile-boarding-pass.html)

LAXJetter Apr 4, 2012 3:42 pm

Where is my mobile boarding pass?

I logged on to the united app and checked in for my two flights tomorrow. It then offered to either fax my boarding pax (lol) or email it so I can print it.
No mobile boarding pass for either leg :td:

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

Is this normal??

jastr Apr 4, 2012 3:53 pm

I haven't managed to get a mobile boarding pass since before 3/3. Used to work great before then.

LAXJetter Apr 4, 2012 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by jastr (Post 18336148)
I haven't managed to get a mobile boarding pass since before 3/3. Used to work great before then.

ahh lovely. i guess they would rather we use our 2 way pagers and fax machines :td:

"changes im sure you'll like"

mallodi Apr 4, 2012 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by gohima (Post 18336088)
I logged on to the united app and checked in for my two flights tomorrow. It then offered to either fax my boarding pax (lol) or email it so I can print it.

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

Is this normal??

Not normal as far as I'm concerned. I flew LAX-LAS this past weekend with no problems.

milski Apr 4, 2012 4:24 pm

Interesting, it might be JFK-related. I did get the mobile passes on SEA-SFO-JFK but not on the return JFK-SFO-SEA. Both were mid-March, after the final assimilation.

noah Apr 4, 2012 4:24 pm

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

Is this normal??

This happened to me recently flying JFK-SFO. Ultimately I just re-printed the BP when I arrived at JFK; not sure why the app didn't save appropriately.

Often1 Apr 4, 2012 4:26 pm

I've had no problems, but have flown with colleagues on the same flight who did.

mlbdenver Apr 4, 2012 10:41 pm

Having the same issue with GEG-SFO-DEN for tomorrow. No option for mobile boarding pass.

bsmnsr Apr 5, 2012 9:36 am

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

Is this normal??

Received all of my electronic boarding passes for PDX-SEA-IAD-XXX flight this past week via email. Received links to boarding passes and saved them to Offline pages. I'd selected the auto check-in function for the return flight.

I didn't have any issues.

Maybe it's a special change $mi/J thought only you would really like!

hans Apr 5, 2012 10:01 am

None for me on my last DEN-SFO-HNL-DEN flights. Not even an option last week although it's the only "media" I've used for the past year or so including this same itinerary.

sbm12 Apr 5, 2012 10:37 am

routing is jfk-iad-lax.

I didn't think that the TSA had the scanners at JFK. I don't remember seeing them there when I passed through 4 weeks ago.

emcampbe Apr 5, 2012 11:54 am

Was it just you flying, or were you traveling with someone else? My experience on PMCO is that I would never get a mobile BP option when traveling with my SO, but did when traveling alone. Since we're with PMCO system, in assuming that's still the case.

YoYoGodMom Apr 6, 2012 1:01 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 18341265)
Was it just you flying, or were you traveling with someone else? My experience on PMCO is that I would never get a mobile BP option when traveling with my SO, but did when traveling alone. Since we're with PMCO system, in assuming that's still the case.

Yes at least from https://hub.united.com/Connections/F...tal.aspx#faq55

"Mobile boarding passes for multiple party reservations cannot be stored to the wallet within the app at this time."

LAXJetter Apr 7, 2012 11:14 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 18340750)
I didn't think that the TSA had the scanners at JFK. I don't remember seeing them there when I passed through 4 weeks ago.

They do indeed have the scanners. I hadn't had an issue with it before ex-jfk which makes it odd.

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 18341265)

I was traveling alone. I guess shares doesn't like me. Not my first glitch nor my last.

emcampbe Apr 7, 2012 6:47 pm

Got a mobile BP just fine flying CVG - CLE last night.

BearX220 Apr 7, 2012 6:51 pm

Delta sends BPs to your mobile phone as text messages, not emails. Much better arrangement -- harder to lose in the queue.

demkr Apr 9, 2012 10:42 am

Was unable to issue a mobile boarding pass for my flight ex-JFK tomorrow. Sounds like there's an issue with ex-JFK flights. Bizarre to say the least ,as I have never had a problem ex-JFK with MBPs.

Bear4Asian Apr 10, 2012 11:20 am

On a flight SEA-SFO at OLCI offered mobile pass, but then it errered out 3/1/2012.

emcampbe Apr 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220 (Post 18353016)
Delta sends BPs to your mobile phone as text messages, not emails. Much better arrangement -- harder to lose in the queue.

PMUA used to be able to do this too, though can't recall if I had this by specifying a mobile number or just my wireless carrier email.

On the other hand, if I recall correctly from last time I used a delta Mobile BP, it is static and doesn't update with any changes, delays etc.

last2board Jul 19, 2012 8:15 am

Help with mobile boarding pass

This morning I checked in on my phone. The only option for delivery of the boarding pass was email for printing. After I checked in, the email I received had an attachment for printing a paper boarding pass. I went on line with my computer, and the results were the same. I waited 2 hours hoping the mobile boarding pass would appear in the United app in my android phone, but that did not happen either.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get a mobile boarding pass for this evenings flight?

sbm12 Jul 19, 2012 8:21 am

Not all stations permit a mobile BP. Are you sure the one you're flying from does?

last2board Jul 19, 2012 8:27 am

BWI? I have used mobile boarding passes there many times before.

USFdonWill Jul 19, 2012 9:23 am

Originally Posted by last2board (Post 18961368)
BWI? I have used mobile boarding passes there many times before.

International trip?

last2board Jul 19, 2012 9:31 am

Originally Posted by USFdonWill (Post 18961711)
International trip?

No, BWI-SFO non stop.

Critic Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by last2board (Post 18961761)
No, BWI-SFO non stop.

I had a similar issue flying EWR-PBI back in May. Checked in using the iPhone app, but the system wouldn't give me any option other than e-mail or pickup at kiosk. Only possible explanation could be that it was a one-way itinerary, but not sure why that would matter.

demkr Jul 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have had this issue ex-JFK multiple times. Gone unfixed for months

joelliot Jul 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 18369735)
PMUA used to be able to do this too, though can't recall if I had this by specifying a mobile number or just my wireless carrier email.

On the other hand, if I recall correctly from last time I used a delta Mobile BP, it is static and doesn't update with any changes, delays etc.

If I remember correcty the United app only updates the boarding pass if you check-in again. At least you can do that if you know you can. Last time with Delta I had to get a paper BP.

Critic Jul 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by joelliot (Post 18965364)
If I remember correcty the United app only updates the boarding pass if you check-in again. At least you can do that if you know you can. Last time with Delta I had to get a paper BP.

Incorrect. The boarding pass refreshes if you click the 'refresh data' button on the home screen. I don't think it updates departure times, but I know it updates gate info.

In The 216 Jul 20, 2012 10:55 am

Mobile Boarding Pass

Is there something wrong with the mobile boarding pass feature of United's iPhone app? On every check in I have done via the United app for the past couple of weeks I do not get a mobile boarding pass. It only gives me the option of emailing my boarding passes for printing. I used to have no issues.

star_world Jul 20, 2012 10:59 am

What airports are you flying out of?

Is there more than one person on the PNR?

Are you traveling with an infant?

emcampbe Jul 20, 2012 11:01 am

I got mobile BPs for flights on Tgursday and Sunday this past week no problem.

In The 216 Jul 20, 2012 11:41 am

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 18969380)
What airports are you flying out of?

Is there more than one person on the PNR?

Are you traveling with an infant?

CLE, LGA and now RIC.

Yes, two people but that was never an issue before.

No.

star_world Jul 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyKid (Post 18969638)
Yes, two people but that was never an issue before.

I'm not aware of mobile BPs being offered on PNRs with multiple people in the past. It has certainly never been offered to me.

SeaRaptor Jul 20, 2012 12:01 pm

I've never managed to get a mobile app boarding pass. I've tried by myself, with my spouse, domestic, international... no dice. I've never been given the option (mostly ex-IAH). I see people using them, but I can't seem to convince the system to give me one.

emcampbe Jul 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyKid (Post 18969638)
CLE, LGA and now RIC.

Yes, two people but that was never an issue before 3/3.

No.

There you go - I've fixed your post with the text in bold.

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 18969732)
I'm not aware of mobile BPs being offered on PNRs with multiple people in the past.

Depends who you flew in the past. PMUA did do mobile BPs on multiple person PNRs. CO did not, and never has. The new system, yes, based on the CO one, surprise surprise....does not offer mobile BPs for PNRs with more than one passenger.

On the other hand, if you get added to the airport upgrade waitlist and your PNR splits, you could probably get them for the return.

jasp25 Aug 2, 2012 11:59 pm

doesnt work for me either PNR with 2 people. no MBP

zigzagg900 Aug 3, 2012 4:23 pm

I've had mobile BP go into my spam folder.