Community
Wiki Posts
Search

April 15th: "The Re-sweep"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA
On 4/15 and the same day of Titanic sinking 100 year anniversary , I still yet see any activities (flights and credit card PQM) on my account. It seems that mileage credit posting issues were put on high priority, but UA still cannot fix it for so long. How sad.

Anybody believe that the new UA is just another Titanic?

I did not travel much during DL and NW were merging, was it also this messy?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry
what fix?

No evidence of re-sweep in my account, still missing flights and inacurrate miles/segments based on fare class. Short approx. 10k premier miles and 6 segments

Last edited by rwsteelers; Apr 15, 2012 at 4:33 pm
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Ok the new ua is clearly incompetent in several areas where the old ua was comptent. That is too bad but if they are trying, I can allow some time for them to get it together. What really bugs me is that dont apologize. They just keep saying everything is going great. What an insult.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
AH, my ANZ flights didn't appear, it's now been 4 weeks. I know UAInsider was interested at one point if Air NZ flts post. Has anybody had any post since 3/3?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA *MM, SPG Platinum, SPG Lifetime Gold, UA Global Services, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by AZjohns
Are you kidding me? Hell, this newUA can't even mail me a 1K card (after 4 attemps), get my milage balance right, or segments counted correctly.
But hey, they have cinnamon rolls up front
ya, i went from 72K to 123K PQM too.....why am I complaining.....that's 2 trips to asia on the house. I am sure they will correct it but I am getting amused on the amused + irritated spectrum of things. Its 7 weeks post IT systems merger. I did not anticipate such a mess

Originally Posted by kale73
Surely we could be more whimsical:

This one (April 15) could be called "The Phantom Re-Sweep"

May's can be "The Re-Sweep Strikes Back!"

In June, we would have "Return of the Re-Sweep!"
love it....)))

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 15, 2012 at 6:34 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:57 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Originally Posted by Denvercccc
Ok the new ua is clearly incompetent in several areas where the old ua was comptent. That is too bad but if they are trying, I can allow some time for them to get it together. What really bugs me is that dont apologize. They just keep saying everything is going great. What an insult.
+1. They need to come clean about this disaster and communicate with us openly and honestly.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My account unchanged. Still missing SA segments from Feb. My missing LH seg, also from feb did show up last month but only 50% of miles. The MP rep agreed that was wrong and expected it all to be corrected
In a sweep she thought would happen early April.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: nobody
So far my account still post incorrectly but it is to my benefit, so I guess I won't complain for now.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by mobilebucky
So far my account still post incorrectly but it is to my benefit, so I guess I won't complain for now.
+1
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
My account is now showing 350,000 PQM. No GPU's or RPU's yet, though. Other numbers look good though. UA will make a fortune off me buying enough Intl W fares to use all those GPU's.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rosesplus
AH, my ANZ flights didn't appear, it's now been 4 weeks. I know UAInsider was interested at one point if Air NZ flts post. Has anybody had any post since 3/3?
I flew ANZ on 4/2, and again on 4/13. One leg on 4/2 which was booked on ANZ but operated by United did post. The rest have not. I'm not worried at this point.. will give it 2 or 3 weeks before I start calling.

The 4/2 segment shows up as:

Air N Zealand 9325JN / United 0259JN
San Francisco-Los Angeles

and it even gave me the 150% PQM bonus for booking in a premium economy fare class. I'm not sure why that surprises me so much.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Did the Great "April 15" Solve All Your Problems?

We have been hearing that April 15 would be the great day of UA salvation. Now that it has come upon us, did it take care of all the problems you were waiting to have addressed?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: United 1K
Well, I just tried to pay for a reservation and the site crashed. My credit card is showing a $1 authorization on the card, and the reservation is on my MP account (with a conf #), but it's showing as not ticketed. On hold now, lot of good that'll do me. Voice recognition misrecognized my confirmation number.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Based primarily on the reports of others through FT, I have been checking my upcoming reservations and account details about twice a day.

I had a world of problems with reservations (seats changing, extra segments added to res, segments dropped, flight changes, etc.) last April through June. I have (knock on wood) had no problems since late last summer and no issues since March 3. Perhaps my lack of problems is simply karma because of all the issues I had a year ago; I don't know.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott (Plat), Hyatt (Plat), National (Ex. Elite)
1 step forward and 2 back for Trout.

I gained 1 segment I've been missing, but lost two I've had all along.

Time to give Delta a try?

Trout

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.