FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   GS Voice is mute? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1328354-gs-voice-mute.html)

blueman2 Mar 23, 2012 5:54 pm

GS Voice is deaf/mute?

I have left several email messages for assistance with GS (similar email to the 1Kvoice, but for GS customers) over the past 2 weeks and have not even gotten an acknowledgement of receipt. In the past (pre-merger) I would get follow ups same day or next day at latest.

Anyone else failing to get any response from GS email? Did they drop this service with the merger? I cannot believe that they are 2 weeks behind in emails for GS customers.

Plane-is-home Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Took 10 days for me for an email regarding involuntary downgrade from paid F on 3/3 sent 3/5 with a reminder 3/12. And the answer was not like a GS answer used to be

FriendlySkies Mar 23, 2012 6:16 pm

It's not just GS Voice-- 1K Voice has also gone silent. I sent an email on 3/7, and have yet to get a response.

Definitely not seeing the same service standards that we were used to with PMUA. :(

ainternational Mar 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Emailed 1KVoice 48 hours ago. Got the automated reply but no humanoid response as of yet.

UrbaneGent Mar 23, 2012 9:01 pm

WOW I am besides myself. I want to send my contact person an e-mail a the GS desk but I don't want to bother her, I don't think she would tell me what's going on anyway, although I would love to speak with her.

There are posts everywhere of e-mails and phone calls going unanswered on the GS/1K lines (email/phone call).

Well, either two things, they are swamped or they don't care anymore. I'm thinking that if they were swamped, they would have brought more on board to help take care of their best customers. Now would be the time to shine, but...

Here's to the new United.

UG

German Expat Mar 23, 2012 9:09 pm

I think they are flat out swamped and its not well organized. I left an email around the 5th and never got even an acknowledgement that they received it. I still don't have my GS package either.
I did call today about a flight credit and was told that there is a glitch for upgrades so they put upgraded flights on hold so their miles won't post. It should be solved in about 2 weeks. When I told them that their online system gave me a crappy error message and there is nothing posted or emailed to anybody and they could save lots of their time answering those phone calls by just proactively communicating the answer was : we just talked about this internal as well but nothing is happening.
For 1 missing flight credit I spent 10 minutes on hold, 3 minutes with a GS agent, another 5 minutes with her on hold trying to get mileage plus and then 6 more minutes for her to find my flight. If you add this all up you can understand the amount of calls they get.
I think they are just overwhelmed. And for a lot of issues it is not like you can just bring anybody in from the street that knows SHARES or the integration issues.
I am not sure though when overworked will turn into I don't care anymore on their end.

I have done many IT projects and understand fully well that this is a huge project and a lot of problems are to be expected. What I do not understand is the utter lack of communication or acknowledgement of problems on either the web site or via email.

reamworks Mar 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Jeff Smisik says in the safety video that 'we're doing all they can'. therefore, I expect this is going to be how it is in the future. It's not like thy can do more than 'all they can'

GS has been watered down

Flyingeagle Mar 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by reamworks (Post 18261451)
Jeff Smisik says in the safety video that 'we're doing all they can'. therefore, I expect this is going to be how it is in the future. It's not like thy can do more than 'all they can'

GS has been watered down

It's not just GS. It's 1K and GM. In any planned action it's not about the plan, it's about the execution of the plan. In this case if it were a battle plan we would have lost the battle. I give them a B for effort and an F for execution.

Jeff, it rests squarely on your shoulders. Todate I have flown 1/5 of the flights I would have previously flown on UA as a result of the new and improved merger. Just another unsatisfied lowly 1K flyer not getting any joy.

jonah1 Mar 23, 2012 9:58 pm

I sent an email to 1k voice on the 8th and immediately received the "due to high volumes it may take a while to get back to you". Received a reply on the 17th, with a ++ response!!!!

UrbaneGent Mar 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingeagle (Post 18261533)
It's not just GS. It's 1K and GM. In any planned action it's not about the plan, it's about the execution of the plan. In this case if it were a battle plan we would have lost the battle. I give them a B for effort and an F for execution.

Jeff, it rests squarely on your shoulders. Todate I have flown 1/5 of the flights I would have previously flown on UA as a result of the new and improved merger. Just another unsatisfied lowly 1K flyer not getting any joy.

I have given up my 1K GS status for 2013 officially booking all my major international flights on British Airways (which I became gold after two round-trips in First so I can use it on American for domestic), SQ, etc. After being 1K for fifteen years and then GS when they initially started it, eventually becoming 1MM, getting 1.5MM and was gunning for 2MM, I am disgusted at the airline I once knew to be United.

blueman2 Apr 6, 2012 9:27 am

1 month and waiting....

Well, it has now been 1 month since I emailed GS with my first of 5 issues related to miles not posting, requesting confirmation that MMers will no longer get RPUs and why, inability to use a 'apology' certificate, and trouble with a ticketing issue.

I get FAR better service on Delta where I have absolutely no status. On United, as a GS, I cannot even get an acknowledgment, let alone a response, after over a month.

Thanks a lot, UA. You killed GS. GS is the new Silver.

MileageAddict Apr 6, 2012 10:06 am

Originally Posted by blueman2 (Post 18346229)

Thanks a lot, UA. You killed GS. GS is the new Silver.

GS=Silver
1K=Bronze
1P=Plywood
2P=Tabloid newspaper
No status = Clear (as in invisible)

ainternational Apr 7, 2012 2:29 am

3 weeks now on my email to 1KVoice with no response....

AZjohns Apr 7, 2012 2:46 am

Yes, very sad days for us PMUA'ers. I really appreciated 1Kvoice for both writing about outstanding service I had or some issue I needed help with. Like several, wrote several e-mails to 1Kvoice post 3/3 and never got any reply. Just like when I e-mailed CO's PP address once last year. So, just have given up 1Kvoice as a customer tool and forced to call about all the screw ups now.

spin88 Apr 7, 2012 3:02 am

i've written them at least 6 times, no replies...

and they just stranded me in LA on a connection (mechanical they knew about well before my first flight left), no effort by GS to call/fix/protect/rebook. They did not hold the plane in LA for 10 minutes so I could make it, and even worse held us as my flight left as we waited for a gate. I got to go to the United club to find an agent to give me a hotel. GS no longer exists, its time for a status match. :mad:

placebo_68 Apr 7, 2012 4:14 am

Glad it is not just me

So far this year I am batting 0.000 in terms of getting any kind of response from UA/CO. I had hoped that using the GS line post 3/3 would see an improvement but it is just as bad.

So far this year I have had ONE flight that has not had delays / issues. Might be time to go back to using BA but that would mean overcoming my hatred of LHR T5 :(

UrbaneGent Apr 7, 2012 11:17 am

Originally Posted by placebo_68 (Post 18350216)
So far this year I am batting 0.000 in terms of getting any kind of response from UA/CO. I had hoped that using the GS line post 3/3 would see an improvement but it is just as bad.

So far this year I have had ONE flight that has not had delays / issues. Might be time to go back to using BA but that would mean overcoming my hatred of LHR T5 :(

Tell BA your leaving UA for them, they will welcome you with open arms, it also gives you status on AA. I am curious, why don't you like T5? The BA lounges are modern, roomy and the terminal is not too bad. Just curious to hear a different perspective. (The best airport in Europe IMO is Zurich, just Swiss doesn't fly to many destinations)

UG

kb1992 Apr 7, 2012 11:46 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 18346441)
GS=Silver
1K=Bronze
1P=Plywood
2P=Tabloid newspaper

LOL!! :D:D

bmr12 Apr 7, 2012 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ainternational (Post 18350071)
3 weeks now on my email to 1KVoice with no response....

Ditto. More promises made by UA staff that the customer-service facing portion of the business has any intention of fulfilling. Or even responding to...

placebo_68 Apr 7, 2012 3:38 pm

Connections are a zoo

Originally Posted by UrbaneGent (Post 18351487)
Tell BA your leaving UA for them, they will welcome you with open arms, it also gives you status on AA. I am curious, why don't you like T5? The BA lounges are modern, roomy and the terminal is not too bad. Just curious to hear a different perspective. (The best airport in Europe IMO is Zurich, just Swiss doesn't fly to many destinations)

UG

I don't like layout of clearing security on connections. Once you are through that it is fine but I don't like the hassle at the bottom of the stairs and the congested layout at the top. I also dislike the fact that it is one of the places in the UK with the Nude-o-scope (and no opt out)

I stopped using BA because of their general lack of interest about anywhere in the UK that was not London. They went through a patch where flights to / from EDI had appalling punctuality and no one seemed to care

ainternational Apr 7, 2012 11:52 pm

Getting INCREDIBLY frustrated with this BS. Decided to credit all my recent TG flights to NH. Think I'm going to miss 1K this year for the first time in a long while.... and on purpose no less.

RedEyeDelight Apr 8, 2012 12:01 am

At this point, all I want is an autoresponse. Kind of jealous of those who got one...at least an ack that the damn email was received.

SomeGuy Apr 8, 2012 12:12 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 18346441)

It could be worse. They could be CLEAR, as in bankrupt. Start at post #378

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...aining-do.html

blueman2 Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am

Over 1 month later, my first reply...

Today I got my first reply of any type from GS's email support. Involved an issue from flight just after 3/3. So well over a month to reply to a simple email from a GS member.

The reply was interesting. Basically, they are saying everything is back to working like it should. Hmmm.

Thank you for your email to our Global Service Customer Care team. We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. I apologize for the delay in my response.

As you are aware, we recently migrated to a single passenger service system. This was the single largest technology conversion in aviation history, and the vast majority of our systems are functioning as planned. However, we have had some technical and training issues that clearly have affected you. I'm sure we have tried your patience and I sincerely apologize.

Mr. xxxxxxx, at this time the website is available and the system is now functional. (deleted some items specific to my complaint)

We thank you for your understanding through this transitional period and hopefully the next time you fly United will prove to be a more positive experience.

oldmonster Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

Originally Posted by German Expat (Post 18261409)
I think they are flat out swamped and its not well organized. I left an email around the 5th and never got even an acknowledgement that they received it. I still don't have my GS package either.
I did call today about a flight credit and was told that there is a glitch for upgrades so they put upgraded flights on hold so their miles won't post. It should be solved in about 2 weeks. When I told them that their online system gave me a crappy error message and there is nothing posted or emailed to anybody and they could save lots of their time answering those phone calls by just proactively communicating the answer was : we just talked about this internal as well but nothing is happening.
For 1 missing flight credit I spent 10 minutes on hold, 3 minutes with a GS agent, another 5 minutes with her on hold trying to get mileage plus and then 6 more minutes for her to find my flight. If you add this all up you can understand the amount of calls they get.
I think they are just overwhelmed. And for a lot of issues it is not like you can just bring anybody in from the street that knows SHARES or the integration issues.
I am not sure though when overworked will turn into I don't care anymore on their end.

I have done many IT projects and understand fully well that this is a huge project and a lot of problems are to be expected. What I do not understand is the utter lack of communication or acknowledgement of problems on either the web site or via email.

Another lie. My UAE flight in a CRJ-200 (no F at all) has not posted for a week! At least, the problem is not restricted to upgraded passengers.

shnewton1 Apr 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Everything seems to be broken

During the 3/3 conversion process UA decided to reverse my first and last names. My GS credentials and all boarding passes were affected. This is not fun to deal with on international flights where BP and Passport don't match. Fortunately my first name is unusual so I have been able to explain it away. It has taken more than a month and at least 4 customer service contacts to get this resolved on Monday. At least they tell me it is resolved and I will believe it when I see it on my corrected GS card. Until there is clear evidence that the many issues of random seat re-assignments, boarding pass problems, missing mileage and upgrades not clearing are resolved I am using AA unless UA is the only option. Lots of lost revenue to UA.

XUPhilly Apr 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by German Expat (Post 18261409)
I did call today about a flight credit and was told that there is a glitch for upgrades so they put upgraded flights on hold so their miles won't post. It should be solved in about 2 weeks.

My upgraded flights have started to post... all my ON's are slowly showing up. Only the flights were all booked in C, D, and Z are almost all posting in K. Great work... (How can they even select that fare bucket- an ON fare isn't upgradable from anything other than C,D,Z,J so there is no logic to default to K)

blueman2 Apr 22, 2012 10:44 am

OK, did they just kill GS email?

This is very weird. I have been sending emails to GS address for weeks with no reply. I finally did get a couple replies over the past few days, thinking maybe they are digging out from the backlog.

Then I get this from GS:

***This email address is permanently closed***
Thank you for contacting United Airlines.
Due to technology changes related to the United-Continental merger, please note that this email address has been closed. Should you have general questions, please visit united.com and consult “Ask Alex”, our virtual expert. If you would like to share feedback regarding a travel experience, please contact Customer Care at united.com/feedback.
We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you.
- Your United Airlines Customer Care team
I only email GS, so have to assume this means GS email is being closed. Really? I mean, REALLY? UA cannot even afford to reply to emails from GS anymore? Wow. Just Wow.

ainternational Apr 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by blueman2 (Post 18440410)
This is very weird. I have been sending emails to GS address for weeks with no reply. I finally did get a couple replies over the past few days, thinking maybe they are digging out from the backlog.

Then I get this from GS:

I only email GS, so have to assume this means GS email is being closed. Really? I mean, REALLY? UA cannot even afford to reply to emails from GS anymore? Wow. Just Wow.

Unbelievable. But at the same time... believable.

karenkay Apr 23, 2012 6:39 am

you are one of our best customers...but we don't really care.

yikes.

amartin1979 Apr 23, 2012 8:21 am

Originally Posted by karenkay (Post 18444616)
you are one of our best customers...but we don't really care.

yikes.

Maybe GS will just have to call 1-800 WE DONT CARE to get in touch with CO customer "care" like the rest of us peons.

Marin 1K Apr 23, 2012 10:45 am

Wow. And with no notice to any of us.

ainternational Apr 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Marin 1K (Post 18446112)
Wow. And with no notice to any of us.

Indeed, this is truly the sad part. But it was never like UA to advertise a discontinuation of anything considered positive. Having come from the UA side, I have no perspective on CO.

How did CO elites contact their elite customer service via email? Ask Alex?!

philf Apr 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Two Alienated GS Members...How to be heard

I and my partner are both GS, and have been since the program began years ago -- earned the old fashioned way, with butts in seats in paid F or upgraded D/C for many many miles every year. Not the best FC product internationally, but we have been loyal to UAL because GS has been good to us.

I have rolled my eyes at some of the threads here on FT with people complaining about how things have changed with the "new" United. But sadly, I have become a believer in the loss of "our" airline.

I'm at far point on a SFO->FRA->CDG trip. I just called the GS phone line to make a change on my return, hoping to get on the earlier same day FRA->SFO flight later this week.

Over 1-1/2 million miles over the past decade, I have made this sort of request literally dozen of times, and virtually always been met by a helpful agent that accommodated my request. Sometimes the GS agent did it directly, and sometimes they need to call Inventory to approve the request.

Today, I tried twice with two different "GS" agents. I was met with nothing short of outright hostility. They claimed to be experienced UAL/GS agents, but told me they neither could nor would call Inventory Control on my behalf, and basically treated me like I was a crazy idiot for even requesting the change I was trying to make.

It's fine. I'll live and it was just a change for my convenience. But one that was IMO entirely reasonable, and one I've done many times in the past. To those of you who I have been rolling my eyes at: I'm sorry, you were completely right, and I was wrong.

I sent a note to the UGS email with this feedback, but it won't go anywhere. Is there a better way to make our voices heard as United's best customers? In my note to UGS, I pointed out that I'm also the CEO of a fast growing tech company that is doing > $2m of business with UAL every year, and growing rapidly as a corporate customer. We'll move that business to Delta or American or Southwest so fast it isn't even funny. Do they even care?

Are there other GS and corporate execs out there that want to try to band together and see if we can make our voices heard? Or is it hopeless?

pmf

StingWest Apr 23, 2012 3:41 pm

$2,000,000 a year is a lot of business, even to a giant company like United. Surely a call to a senior executive would catch the ear of some big-shot there.

With this much business you enjoy a special advantage that most of us don't have - you can make it hurt a little if they don't treat you well. Use it - get an assistant to get you hooked up with someone at UA. Yeah, you have better things to do, but....

SEA1K4EVR Apr 23, 2012 3:41 pm

This is an award ticket right?

amartin1979 Apr 23, 2012 3:49 pm

GS is the new Silver. @:-)

blueman2 Apr 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Sad to say, but my experiences recently with GS are pretty much the same. UA never had the best F or C product, but I always stayed with them because of GS services. Even though I rarely used the GS services, it was good to know they were there.

Now, that is all over. GS are treated about the same as any other flier now at United. Really too bad.

Oh, and as for the emails you sent to GS, my latest email to GS was greeted with a return email saying "Email address permanently closed" due to the merger. Icing on the cake.....

Marin 1K Apr 23, 2012 3:58 pm

According to another thread, the GS email is no longer valid. I wrote a snail mail letter to Smisek, Tilton, and Johnson a month ago and have heard nothing back.

Beyond that, they don't care about us GS anymore. See my experience posted elsewhere:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18446139-post427.html

If they are prepared to offload and IDB a GS on a full fare F ticket SFO-FRA, they simply don't care about GS business anymore.

I have flown 90% of my travel off UA and on: LH (8), VS (4 booked), VX (3), SQ (3) and CX (2); YTD flights on UA, 3 international, on domestic; . One more booked, and I may change that to VS, no F, but Upper Class is not bad, and they DO treat you like a customer, even without status.

I flew UA for two main reasons: IRROPS treatment and the ability to get saver awards (and the odd upgrade on a cheaper ticket when I was not flying for my business). Those benefits are long gone, and it seems that I am mostly too. A couple of award flights booked, and several hundred thousand miles to burn, and that's likely it, other than the odd trip to China, where they are the only nonstop option other than Air China, and I think that UA is still just holding above that option.