FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   GS Voice is mute? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1328354-gs-voice-mute.html)

blueman2 Mar 23, 2012 5:54 pm

GS Voice is deaf/mute?

I have left several email messages for assistance with GS (similar email to the 1Kvoice, but for GS customers) over the past 2 weeks and have not even gotten an acknowledgement of receipt. In the past (pre-merger) I would get follow ups same day or next day at latest.

Anyone else failing to get any response from GS email? Did they drop this service with the merger? I cannot believe that they are 2 weeks behind in emails for GS customers.

Plane-is-home Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Took 10 days for me for an email regarding involuntary downgrade from paid F on 3/3 sent 3/5 with a reminder 3/12. And the answer was not like a GS answer used to be

FriendlySkies Mar 23, 2012 6:16 pm

It's not just GS Voice-- 1K Voice has also gone silent. I sent an email on 3/7, and have yet to get a response.

Definitely not seeing the same service standards that we were used to with PMUA. :(

ainternational Mar 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Emailed 1KVoice 48 hours ago. Got the automated reply but no humanoid response as of yet.

UrbaneGent Mar 23, 2012 9:01 pm

WOW I am besides myself. I want to send my contact person an e-mail a the GS desk but I don't want to bother her, I don't think she would tell me what's going on anyway, although I would love to speak with her.

There are posts everywhere of e-mails and phone calls going unanswered on the GS/1K lines (email/phone call).

Well, either two things, they are swamped or they don't care anymore. I'm thinking that if they were swamped, they would have brought more on board to help take care of their best customers. Now would be the time to shine, but...

Here's to the new United.

UG

German Expat Mar 23, 2012 9:09 pm

I think they are flat out swamped and its not well organized. I left an email around the 5th and never got even an acknowledgement that they received it. I still don't have my GS package either.
I did call today about a flight credit and was told that there is a glitch for upgrades so they put upgraded flights on hold so their miles won't post. It should be solved in about 2 weeks. When I told them that their online system gave me a crappy error message and there is nothing posted or emailed to anybody and they could save lots of their time answering those phone calls by just proactively communicating the answer was : we just talked about this internal as well but nothing is happening.
For 1 missing flight credit I spent 10 minutes on hold, 3 minutes with a GS agent, another 5 minutes with her on hold trying to get mileage plus and then 6 more minutes for her to find my flight. If you add this all up you can understand the amount of calls they get.
I think they are just overwhelmed. And for a lot of issues it is not like you can just bring anybody in from the street that knows SHARES or the integration issues.
I am not sure though when overworked will turn into I don't care anymore on their end.

I have done many IT projects and understand fully well that this is a huge project and a lot of problems are to be expected. What I do not understand is the utter lack of communication or acknowledgement of problems on either the web site or via email.

reamworks Mar 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Jeff Smisik says in the safety video that 'we're doing all they can'. therefore, I expect this is going to be how it is in the future. It's not like thy can do more than 'all they can'

GS has been watered down

Flyingeagle Mar 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by reamworks (Post 18261451)
Jeff Smisik says in the safety video that 'we're doing all they can'. therefore, I expect this is going to be how it is in the future. It's not like thy can do more than 'all they can'

GS has been watered down

It's not just GS. It's 1K and GM. In any planned action it's not about the plan, it's about the execution of the plan. In this case if it were a battle plan we would have lost the battle. I give them a B for effort and an F for execution.

Jeff, it rests squarely on your shoulders. Todate I have flown 1/5 of the flights I would have previously flown on UA as a result of the new and improved merger. Just another unsatisfied lowly 1K flyer not getting any joy.

jonah1 Mar 23, 2012 9:58 pm

I sent an email to 1k voice on the 8th and immediately received the "due to high volumes it may take a while to get back to you". Received a reply on the 17th, with a ++ response!!!!

UrbaneGent Mar 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingeagle (Post 18261533)
It's not just GS. It's 1K and GM. In any planned action it's not about the plan, it's about the execution of the plan. In this case if it were a battle plan we would have lost the battle. I give them a B for effort and an F for execution.

Jeff, it rests squarely on your shoulders. Todate I have flown 1/5 of the flights I would have previously flown on UA as a result of the new and improved merger. Just another unsatisfied lowly 1K flyer not getting any joy.

I have given up my 1K GS status for 2013 officially booking all my major international flights on British Airways (which I became gold after two round-trips in First so I can use it on American for domestic), SQ, etc. After being 1K for fifteen years and then GS when they initially started it, eventually becoming 1MM, getting 1.5MM and was gunning for 2MM, I am disgusted at the airline I once knew to be United.

blueman2 Apr 6, 2012 9:27 am

1 month and waiting....

Well, it has now been 1 month since I emailed GS with my first of 5 issues related to miles not posting, requesting confirmation that MMers will no longer get RPUs and why, inability to use a 'apology' certificate, and trouble with a ticketing issue.

I get FAR better service on Delta where I have absolutely no status. On United, as a GS, I cannot even get an acknowledgment, let alone a response, after over a month.

Thanks a lot, UA. You killed GS. GS is the new Silver.

MileageAddict Apr 6, 2012 10:06 am

Originally Posted by blueman2 (Post 18346229)

Thanks a lot, UA. You killed GS. GS is the new Silver.

GS=Silver
1K=Bronze
1P=Plywood
2P=Tabloid newspaper
No status = Clear (as in invisible)

ainternational Apr 7, 2012 2:29 am

3 weeks now on my email to 1KVoice with no response....

AZjohns Apr 7, 2012 2:46 am

Yes, very sad days for us PMUA'ers. I really appreciated 1Kvoice for both writing about outstanding service I had or some issue I needed help with. Like several, wrote several e-mails to 1Kvoice post 3/3 and never got any reply. Just like when I e-mailed CO's PP address once last year. So, just have given up 1Kvoice as a customer tool and forced to call about all the screw ups now.