FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Did I receive an "extremely" soft landing? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1321128-did-i-receive-extremely-soft-landing.html)

AMRivlin Mar 5, 2012 10:34 am

shocked more aren't weighing in on this. There has to be more than 2 of us that declined in status, but see diff online.

Ripper3785 Mar 5, 2012 10:38 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 18138351)
shocked more aren't weighing in on this. There has to be more than 2 of us that declined in status, but see diff online.

Perhaps in effort to not draw attention to it....

DeaconFlyer Mar 5, 2012 10:41 am

Teacher, teacher! You forgot to give us homework!

AMRivlin Mar 5, 2012 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Ripper3785 (Post 18138373)

I figured as much.

SEA1K4EVR Mar 5, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah my MM companion nominee for my 1K status was silver last year and is still silver even being about 8k short of earning silver. The 1K status hasn't yet kicked in.

hoopics Mar 5, 2012 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Ripper3785 (Post 18138373)

Unlike a glitch that results in an abnormally cheap fare (where it is plausible nobody will notice / they opt to honor it) I'd be shocked if a systemic "soft landing" discrepancy slips through the cracks. Even as a current beneficiary of this issue, I'd like certainty before my next flight, because there's a significant gulf between silver and gold benefits. Notably as silver I can plan to check only one bag, but as gold it's more. So how many bags do I bring next time I fly? And if the website lets me do I book an E+ seat that I might get booted out of, or a tolerable E- seat that may be gone whenever they "fix" this issue?

I'm all for taking advantage of every last thing I'm entitled to receive, but this glitch seems to fall into the too good to be true category. Until someone with hard facts chimes in I'm not getting my hopes up about it.

AMRivlin Mar 5, 2012 11:42 am

Originally Posted by hoopics (Post 18138776)
I'm all for taking advantage of every last thing I'm entitled to receive, but this glitch seems to fall into the too good to be true category. Until someone with hard facts chimes in I'm not getting my hopes up about it.

Well put. We need to know. I guess it depends on what card is issued. Has anyone received their card that has this soft landing? No card for me, and mail already came today.

Speaking of entitlement, if I print the temp card (that has since been blocked) can I use that in non UA lounges :)

hoopics Mar 5, 2012 11:48 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 18138843)
Well put. We need to know. I guess it depends on what card is issued. Has anyone received their card that has this soft landing? No card for me, and mail already came today.

Speaking of entitlement, if I print the temp card (that has since been blocked) can I use that in non UA lounges :)

Yes -- I got my silver packet in the mail, but the website is still showing me as gold, and will still let me book free E+ for flights well past the end of March.

AMRivlin Mar 5, 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by hoopics (Post 18138905)
Yes -- I got my silver packet in the mail, but the website is still showing me as gold, and will still let me book free E+ for flights well past the end of March.

Then I assume it is a glitch and will be fixed bye the code monkeys soon.

Hello A3!

mht_flyer Mar 5, 2012 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 18138843)

Good luck with that :) I know LH for example wants the physical card.

I'll just be glad to get my card in the mail -- according to the print card option: "If you have elite status in 2012, rest assured that you should receive your elite card and credentials this week, if you haven't already."

fivesixseven Mar 5, 2012 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by mht_flyer (Post 18139199)
Good luck with that :) I know LH for example wants the physical card.

Not always, in fact: I've traveled with LH a lot and I never ever needed to show my card.

stupenal Mar 5, 2012 2:34 pm

Food for thought:

Flew 64k EQM last year (previously 1K the past 2 years). My flight on 3/4 showed Premier Platinum on the boarding pass, UA website currently shows Premier 1K. Once the miles for my flight yesterday posts, I'll be able to see what RDM multiplier they used (50% for my true status of Gold, 75% for my boarding pass status, or 100% for my website status).

karenkay Mar 5, 2012 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by stupenal (Post 18140175)
Food for thought:

Flew 64k EQM last year (previously 1K the past 2 years). My flight on 3/4 showed Premier Platinum on the boarding pass, UA website currently shows Premier 1K. Once the miles for my flight yesterday posts, I'll be able to see what RDM multiplier they used (50% for my true status of Gold, 75% for my boarding pass status, or 100% for my website status).

definitely report back...there are a lot of folks wondering about this.

AMRivlin Mar 5, 2012 6:02 pm

Brother, same boat as myself (Gold 2011, Silver 2012) Got a Silver card in the mail, but online says Gold. So it is clearly a glitch.

Now we just need to find a UA MP Rep who will send us new cards ;)

ontherun Mar 5, 2012 7:03 pm

Flew 108 segments last year (but no offer to buy-up was sent to this segment flyer). I received my Platinum package this weekend. I logged in yesterday to check in for this mornings flights and saw that I was still 1K.
I printed out the new card and checked in for this mornings flights. When I printed the BPs from home it showed and printed as Platinum but when I printed out this morning from Easy Chicken it showed and printed 1K.