Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United wifi - can't download email attachments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I travel with my surface pro and view my corporate email via the Good App (downloaded through the Microsoft Store). I noticed that whenever I'm in the air using United Wifi I am unable to download email attachments. There's no problem with other wifi networks.

Do you know if United's in-air network somehow blocks the downloading of email attachments? Does it affect all applications, such as Good, Outlook, etc? It could be an issue on my end - not sure if my Good corporate policy somehow distinguishes between networks and blocks attachment downloads somehow.

thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I have no issue with email attachments but I don't use corporate email servers or VPN. (use multiple gmail and yahoo mail accounts merged into Outlook on W10).

My guess is the security settings either on your device or at the corporate server is the source of the problem. Probably time to talk to your IT guys.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
The few times the internet has actually worked for any period of time, I've been able to download files from Outlook, via a corporate VPN.

Agree that you should probably start with your IT dept.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I use the "Good" app on my iPad. In our company we usually refer for the App by its full name. "Good for nothing."

Seriously, there is a reason it has 2.3 stars in every app store. Utter garbage. Coupled with a weak internet connection and you have a recipe for disaster.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Agree the Good app is very bad, almost a beta version. Only choice for me to get email on a surface pro without having to do the full remote desktop login (very slow). The iPad has better integrated options for corporate email but I much prefer the surface to the iPad.

What's frustrating is Good works fine on other networks so I wonder what is different about United's network. Will check with IT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.