FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Check your seat assignment now (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1320433-check-your-seat-assignment-now.html)

HGHUA Mar 31, 2012 11:47 am

All these schedule changes are driving me nuts. And seats keep dropping. Agh!

AZjohns Mar 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by 6rugrats (Post 18309312)
Hi stranger!

This is really messing with my OCD tendencies.

There are some here who suggests we just stick our head in the sand and pretend everything will fix itself all by themself. Us PMUA folks just can't handle this nor do I trust this new company to fix any of my issues because they don't know we have problems. Hope you have better luck this weekend the you did last :)

CDKing Mar 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by 6rugrats (Post 18308994)
This is making me crazy. Everytime I look, the equipment/schedule/seats have changed. It took me two hours to clean up problems last weekend, I look this morning and yet again it's a mess.

After last weekend i wasnt planning on checking my reservations on weekends anymore. Last weekend my itins fixed themselves by sunday afternoon. I do have 1 schedule change. i was not looking forward to my 730 am flight which has been moved back to 6am and downgraded to CRJ-200 eww.

On a side note, this time after accepting the schedule change i was able to move seats right away.

eagle92 Mar 31, 2012 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 18309518)

Originally Posted by 6rugrats (Post 18308994)
This is making me crazy. Everytime I look, the equipment/schedule/seats have changed. It took me two hours to clean up problems last weekend, I look this morning and yet again it's a mess.

After last weekend i wasnt planning on checking my reservations on weekends anymore. Last weekend my itins fixed themselves by sunday afternoon. I do have 1 schedule change. i was not looking forward to my 730 am flight which has been moved back to 6am and downgraded to CRJ-200 eww

So long as I don't touch them they fix themselves by the end of the weekend when the changes occur. That has been my experience both PMCO and New United. 10/10 it has worked out fine for me. YMMV obviously.

LilAbner Mar 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by eagle92 (Post 18309585)
So long as I don't touch them they fix themselves by the end of the weekend when the changes occur. That has been my experience both PMCO and New United. 10/10 it has worked out fine for me. YMMV obviously.

I've got 10 schedule changes without seat assignments and a message "Seat Map Unavailable", (or something like that).
I'll wait!

eagle92 Mar 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by LilAbner (Post 18309659)

Originally Posted by eagle92 (Post 18309585)

I've got 10 schedule changes without seat assignments and a message "Seat Map Unavailable", (or something like that).
I'll wait!

If it is unavailable for you it is unavailable for the phone agents. Save yourself some heartburn and just wait.

LilAbner Mar 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by eagle92 (Post 18309769)
If it is unavailable for you it is unavailable for the phone agents. Save yourself some heartburn and just wait.

So does "SHARES" mean if it's screwed up for a CSR we share the same dillema?:confused:

eagle92 Mar 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by LilAbner (Post 18309832)

Originally Posted by eagle92 (Post 18309769)

So does "SHARES" mean if it's screwed up for a CSR we share the same dillema?:confused:

During these weekend updates...yes. At least that has been my experience. Again...YMMV.

anc-ord772 Mar 31, 2012 2:27 pm

I had a Seat Map Unavailable message this morning. By the time I called about an unrelated matter, the correct seat assignment and seat map had reappeared.

14thStreet Mar 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Looks like the weekend changes are impacting a trip I have for my mother in August, specifically an 8 Aug 2012 CAE-IAD segment. United.com, during a dummy booking process, shows different flight times and availability than ExpertFlyer/FlightStats.

Which do you think is the most current (or is the best reflection of what UA intends to offer for that day)?

From ExpertFlyer/FlightStats
08 Aug 2012
UA 5732 CAE IAD 5:50AM 7:16AM
UA 5731 CAE IAD 2:39PM 4:05PM
UA 5737 CAE IAD 6:56PM 8:22PM
(3 flights)

From United.com
08 Aug 2012
UA5732 CAE IAD 6:00AM 7:21AM
UA5741 CAE IAD 10:01AM 11:23AM
UA5731 CAE IAD 2:27PM 3:51PM
UA5737 CAE IAD 7:12PM 8:31PM
(4 flights)

dls25 Mar 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Go with united.com, the schedule update probably has not been uploaded to the GDS/Expertflyer yet.

14thStreet Mar 31, 2012 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by dls25 (Post 18310908)
Go with united.com, the schedule update probably has not been uploaded to the GDS/Expertflyer yet.

Okay, thanks. And, I'll just see what pans out after the weekend.

What's odd is that my mother is booked on UA 5731 (8 Aug 12--the first leg in a trip to Europe), and when I pull up her reservation on United.com, the itinerary shows the flight is 2:39 PM to 4:05 PM (what's showing up in GDS/ExpertFlyer/FlightStats). However, when I do a dummy booking on United.com, the flight time for UA 5731 is 2:27 PM to 3:51 PM. The discrepancies are pretty inconsequential, but just odd that United.com will show 2 different times for one flight--one on the actual itinerary and another time in a new dummy booking. Like I said, I'll double-check on Monday, as this is all nitpicking. But, it just seems very odd that the system would work like this.

divilish Mar 31, 2012 6:16 pm

I have reservations on 7-24 and 8-1 that were both changed.

The connection time in LAX increased which makes me happy.

I went from a 757-200 to a 757-300 on LAX-OGG, not sure about that but that is out of my control. Looks like they only have 757's now where they used to have 767's(my prior schedule/plan change). Guess I will get used to it.

The system had me confirm it and my seats did not change. I always wonder how many uneventful changes there are like mine compared to the issues you always see posted here.

1P Apr 1, 2012 8:53 am

All my seating assignments disappeared yesterday with the schedule changes. I sat back and waited. They were all back this morning, and even preserved my preferences despite changed equipment. And my domestic upgrades are still intact (though the GPU int'l ones are still on the waitlist :( ) Accepting schedule changes online seems to be working, too.

I sympathize with those for whom the schedule changes have proved more problematic.

pdx1M Apr 1, 2012 9:21 am

I got one change Friday night that seems to have been only a flight number change. Nevertheless the seats went away. The flight now shows Coach(A) and Coach(O) for me and my wife when clearly it should be First in each case. Couldn't select seats again in First so called GS - they couldn't either but somehow got the system to randomly assign seats in first - non-adjacent. They still can't be changed in the first class cabin although based on mousing over the seat map it appears that I could change them to seats of my choice in coach. Ugh. At this point I'll wait with everyone else until tomorrow and see if it cures itself.

Just an observation as an old software engineer - there are lots of places in Shares where it is clear that important data is being sourced from different places. E.g., here where the fare class and relevant cabin don't agree, where flights can show different times, etc. That is generally an indication of poor software design as you really never want reference data coming from more than one place - it just begs errors of these sorts when there isn't an single authoritative source for any given data item.