FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Million Milers - Petition the UA Board (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1309374-million-milers-petition-ua-board.html)

nor4 Feb 1, 2012 12:02 pm

Million Milers - Petition the UA Board

A new website has been set up allowing a direct link to the United Board of Directors. Any United flier who, over the years, has trusted United's promises about their million mile benefits and is disappointed with the recent changes should consider signing this online petition.

So if you're an incipient, recent or long time Million Miler and want to go directly to those who oversee Smisek et al with your concerns, this is a efficient and effective way to let the Board know how concerned we all are.

Here's the website:

http://millionmilersunited.com/

WineCountryUA Feb 1, 2012 12:26 pm

In petitioning for something there is usually a specific request, unless I am missing it, this petition seem to be vaguely asking to restore the previous benefits. Is my understanding correct?

star_world Feb 1, 2012 12:31 pm

This is a horribly written letter from a layout, grammar and punctuation perspective. It really cannot help your cause as written. I'd be happy to help you re-write it if I can figure out exactly what you're petitioning for ^

dimramon Feb 1, 2012 12:38 pm

It's poorly written, and not structured appropriately.
Aside from that, why do you have to bring up 9/11?

pdx1M Feb 1, 2012 12:52 pm

Why do you say the MM recalculation was a "mystery"? From the UA Preview web page:

* Additional EQM will include any other EQM earning that counted toward a member's elite status in previous years:
EQM earned from flights on Star Alliance airline partners
EQM earned from class-of-service bonuses
EQM earned from activity with specific Chase Credit Cards
EQM from certain promotional offers, such as Double EQM or Purchase EQM
The following were not counted in either the original lifetime balance or in the recalculation:
Redeemable/award miles from credit card spend or hotel, car or retail partners
Purchase Miles, Gift Miles, Transfer Miles or Reward Miles
Bonus redeemable/award miles earned on flights, including elite bonus miles
Bonus redeemable/award miles from promotional offers
Base redeemable/award miles from non-Star Alliance airline partners
Redeemable/award miles earned from class-of-service bonuses
Doesn't seem anything mysterious about this - pretty specific. Also agrees to high degree with what people actually saw.

jahzy Feb 1, 2012 1:05 pm

I would be happy to support this if it is clear what the issue is and what the proposed solution is that we are looking for.

First Feb 1, 2012 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 17931322)
This is a horribly written letter from a layout, grammar and punctuation perspective. It really cannot help your cause as written. I'd be happy to help you re-write it if I can figure out exactly what you're petitioning for ^

+1. Not only the letter--everything on this website is so poorly written and confusing in its construction that it probably does more harm than good.

I believe the ask is to restore PMUA's MM benefits for use on the combined network, which if you think about it is kind of a stretch, given the extent to which other MP elite tier benefits have also been diluted as result of the merger.

I am pro-merger though, BTW

Sulley Feb 1, 2012 1:32 pm

The 9/11 reference reminds of of the episode of Family Guy where Lois campaigns for mayor.

Lois: "9..."

*audience gasps*

Lois: "11!"

*furious audience applause*

:D

kevinsac Feb 1, 2012 2:11 pm

god, what a poorly written letter. What is the intended objective?

I won't sign it.

Re-write the letter. Cut out a lot of the BS. Outline specific goals and objectives, and I would re-consider.

as219 Feb 1, 2012 2:14 pm

I thought the main beef of PMUA 1MMs was that theyr'e doing away with the yearly CR-1s and SWUs... :confused:

WineCountryUA Feb 1, 2012 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by as219 (Post 17932238)
I thought the main beef of PMUA 1MMs was that theyr'e doing away with the yearly CR-1s and SWUs... :confused:

Without try to rehash the discussion which has been going on in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-2012-a.html
the issues raised have been
-- loss of annual CR1s
-- loss of threshold SWUs (and other threshold gifts)
-- loss of Lifetime RCC (2MM level -- but exisiting 2MM were grandfathered)
-- the limited value of the companion match to some
-- outside of companion match, there is no "value" of achieving MM levels for an active flyer
-- the loss of upgrade priority due to inclusion of Plat level
-- the loss of RDM bonus, such as for 1MM with the reduction for Golds to 50%
(The latter two were general program changes but had an intended / unintended impact of MMers.)

And finally a broad concern if past "promises" can be changed at any time, it lowers the incentives to strive for MM status.

Suggest discussion of if or if not these are valid issues is better continued in the master thread and leave this thread for discussing the petition.

TheEgg22 Feb 1, 2012 3:11 pm

If the letter is going back to the drawing board... As a segment flyer I would love opportunity to actually have a shot at lifetime status! :)

WineCountryUA Feb 1, 2012 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by TheEgg22 (Post 17932702)
If the letter is going back to the drawing board... As a segment flyer I would love opportunity to actually have a shot at lifetime status! :)

While I believe segment flyers have a legitimate issue concerning lacke of alternative earning of MM status, broading this petition to cover additional issues is not likely to improve it success.

bmvaughn Feb 1, 2012 3:33 pm

The "ask" is buried in there:

Give us back our special status.

azepine00 Feb 1, 2012 3:45 pm

Plan
1. Become 1mm lite via inclusion *a mileage, credit card and other eqm bonuses
2. Demand more benefits

Doug 1029 Feb 1, 2012 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by kevinsac (Post 17932201)
god, what a poorly written letter. What is the intended objective?

I won't sign it.

Re-write the letter. Cut out a lot of the BS. Outline specific goals and objectives, and I would re-consider.

I won't sign it even with a rewrite. I am one that is satisfied with the changes.

bmvaughn Feb 1, 2012 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Doug 1029 (Post 17933057)
I won't sign it even with a rewrite. I am one that is satisfied with the changes.

Ditto, I prefer the changes. No plans to sign the petition with a re-write.

nor4 Feb 1, 2012 6:36 pm

Rewrite

To clarify, I had nothing to do with the generation of the website, I merely posted the link here. I think the idea of an online petition is a good one.

I think the summary in WineCountryUA's post #11 above is a succint summary of the critical points and I'd support a rewrite of the petition using those points as a starting point.

dsquared37 Feb 1, 2012 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 17932914)
Plan
1. Become 1mm lite via inclusion *a mileage, credit card and other eqm bonuses
2. Demand more benefits

3. Profit

:D

uastarflyer Feb 2, 2012 12:17 am

I took ~15 minutes out of my work homework to attempt to recraft the letter on the home page. Many thanks to Urbane Gent for getting the site and links live, and getting content out there for us spitballers to react to.

In the mega thread on the MM program, I posted I felt the changes were a lost oppty to UA in addition to being a devalue to frequent flyers. My proposed re-casting of the letter is in that vein.

I believe this is still too wordy, but I find it's easier to nip/tuck a few out than bulk up. And I believe this captures much of the disappointment prevalent on the megathread (and my disappointment)

-----------------

To...,

We are communicating feedback to several recently enacted and pending changes to United's Mileage Plus program, with special focus on United's Million Miler program. It is our view that many of these changes devalue many aspects of a program we have supported for so long.

United's original Mileage Plus and Million Miler program within Mileage Plus reflected two core principles: reward current travel on United Airlines, and encourage continued travel on United Airlines. The 2012 version of Mileage Plus reduces the benefits to flying United, and the Million Miler Program in particular reduces the incentive to continue to fly United. In addition to disappointing many of United's most loyal flyers, these changes may have unintended consequences to the airline.

The key changes to the Million Miler Program and their impact:

1. Removal of yearly deposited upgrade instruments (confirmed regional upgrades) not only reduces the value of the attained status, it removes the incentive to book the next itinerary on United.

2. Removal of the United Club lifetime membership at the 2 Million mile level reduces the incentive to achieve this level. As a continuum, the previous program offering of Gold at 1MM, Club Membership at 2MM, and 1K status at 3MM provided tangible benefits to achieving the next level.

3. The removal of "new Million Miler" one-time gifts (systemwide and regional upgrades) remove the incentive to book additional flights on United to achieve Million Miler status in the first place.

4. The introduction of the Spouse elite match in isolation adds incentives to the Million Miler program. However, this benefit is of little or even no value to members with spouses at the elite level, or elites who travel with their spouse, or customers with no spouse or significant other.

In addition, the redeemable miles bonus reductions to the Gold level reduce the incentive to book the next itinerary on United versus another Star carrier. This is not only a devaluation to the Mileage Plus program generally, but especially to current Million Milers who directed corporate and personal travel exclusively to United Airlines in order to achieve Million Mile status.

From United's guide to the 2012 Million Miler program, it states: "The MileagePlus® Million Miller program will reward members for extraordinary, long-term loyalty to United, Continental and Copa" We say, show us you really meant what you said. Reinstate the benefits of the 2011 United Million Miler program, along with the spouse sponsorhip option that carries over from the Continental Million Miler program. Such a move would signal not only is long-term loyalty rewarded, but continued loyalty to United Airlines is desired.

The merger of United and Continental to form the world's largest airline provides opportunites not just for the airline but for its customers. Merging best practices of the former United and Continental Million Miler program, as opposed to removing previously provided status benefits, and maintaining incentives to fly United we believe will be the best course in the long run.

bmvaughn Feb 2, 2012 12:20 am

I think this would be a separate petition, or you'd have to start over. The people who signed the original petition may or may not agree with this rewrite and they should have their signatures wiped if you're going with a re-write.

mjhhmb Feb 2, 2012 12:22 am

Well said uastarflyer

I'll sign that!

UrbaneGent Feb 2, 2012 12:51 am

It is I who wrote that poorly written petition and website - but it was a work-in-progress (I have a job too and correcting things on an iphone isn't easy).

If you look at the petition, the way it is now (corrections were made before the bulk of the signatures were done), it seems that it hits upon most issues. The problem is that the remedy is very challenging. Everyone has a different thought as to how to remedy the situation. United rang the bell and everyone knows you can't unring a bell.

What I wanted to do was at least get the conversation going - I can't just sit here and do nothing. On www.millionmilersunited.com, if you look at the webpages and the MM statements United sent to us in the mail every year for years and years - and the changes they recently made, it's unethical. I can see a little change here and there... Have we become so numb to as a people that we can say "oh, that's fine" after being told one gets LIFETIME benefits? That's nuts. Even if I wasn't a MMiler I'd be disgusted.

There are colleagues who are million milers on CO who haven't flown 400,000 miles total, 100,000 on CO the rest on partner airlines. The other 600,000 miles are bonus, credit card, class of service, etc. while United's MM had to sit in a seat and fly 1,000,000 actual miles - anyways, you guys get it.

So, moving along. I have capped the petition at 100 signatures and will go ahead, with the permission of uastarflyer to post the new petition. If there's one petition or twenty at least there's something.

As I said in another thread, I want this to be effective, I want this to be a collective voice. I am open to any way I can make this better. I'd rather have one good webpage than a bunch of fragmented ones.

That's why I didn't put a name to it, because I wanted this to be from the majority of us.

UG

uastarflyer Feb 2, 2012 1:00 am

Originally Posted by UrbaneGent (Post 17935536)
So, moving along. I have capped the petition at 100 signatures and will go ahead, with the permission of uastarflyer to post the new petition. If there's one petition or twenty at least there's something.

Please feel free to use as little or as much of my above suggestion as you wish. Again, thanks for getting this off the ground.

I do believe asking for both the pre-2012 benefits of the PMUA program with the addition of the spouse benefit from CO would attract a majority of PMCO and PMUA elites to the cause. And it's a reasonable value proposition for the airline (it's not asking for too much).

UrbaneGent Feb 2, 2012 1:07 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 17935442)
I took ~15 minutes out of my work homework to attempt to recraft the letter on the home page. Many thanks to Urbane Gent for getting the site and links live, and getting content out there for us spitballers to react to.

In the mega thread on the MM program, I posted I felt the changes were a lost oppty to UA in addition to being a devalue to frequent flyers. My proposed re-casting of the letter is in that vein.

I believe this is still too wordy, but I find it's easier to nip/tuck a few out than bulk up. And I believe this captures much of the disappointment prevalent on the megathread (and my disappointment)

-----------------

To...,

We are communicating feedback to several recently enacted and pending changes to United's Mileage Plus program, with special focus on United's Million Miler program. It is our view that many of these changes devalue many aspects of a program we have supported for so long.

United's original Mileage Plus and Million Miler program within Mileage Plus reflected two core principles: reward current travel on United Airlines, and encourage continued travel on United Airlines. The 2012 version of Mileage Plus reduces the benefits to flying United, and the Million Miler Program in particular reduces the incentive to continue to fly United. In addition to disappointing many of United's most loyal flyers, these changes may have unintended consequences to the airline.

The key changes to the Million Miler Program and their impact:

1. Removal of yearly deposited upgrade instruments (confirmed regional upgrades) not only reduces the value of the attained status, it removes the incentive to book the next itinerary on United.

2. Removal of the United Club lifetime membership at the 2 Million mile level reduces the incentive to achieve this level. As a continuum, the previous program offering of Gold at 1MM, Club Membership at 2MM, and 1K status at 3MM provided tangible benefits to achieving the next level.

3. The removal of "new Million Miler" one-time gifts (systemwide and regional upgrades) remove the incentive to book additional flights on United to achieve Million Miler status in the first place.

4. The introduction of the Spouse elite match in isolation adds incentives to the Million Miler program. However, this benefit is of little or even no value to members with spouses at the elite level, or elites who travel with their spouse, or customers with no spouse or significant other.

In addition, the redeemable miles bonus reductions to the Gold level reduce the incentive to book the next itinerary on United versus another Star carrier. This is not only a devaluation to the Mileage Plus program generally, but especially to current Million Milers who directed corporate and personal travel exclusively to United Airlines in order to achieve Million Mile status.

From United's guide to the 2012 Million Miler program, it states: "The MileagePlus® Million Miller program will reward members for extraordinary, long-term loyalty to United, Continental and Copa" We say, show us you really meant what you said. Reinstate the benefits of the 2011 United Million Miler program, along with the spouse sponsorhip option that carries over from the Continental Million Miler program. Such a move would signal not only is long-term loyalty rewarded, but continued loyalty to United Airlines is desired.

The merger of United and Continental to form the world's largest airline provides opportunites not just for the airline but for its customers. Merging best practices of the former United and Continental Million Miler program, as opposed to removing previously provided status benefits, and maintaining incentives to fly United we believe will be the best course in the long run.

This is brilliant - I would like to think these points were expressed in my list, except for point number 4, it is the same thing I put on the site except my words are little boy words. :)

There's only one issue: your remedy. There are many who believe that with the introduction of the 75K Platinum that downgrades us. Also, how about the ones who were at 900K? Or like myself at 1.6 who was gunning for 2MM - see there's problems. United really messed this one up.

And this thread is going to fill up with people's thoughts on remedies. This is also why I just wanted to stick to the facts. Create a discussion.

Tomorrow evening I'll add your points on to the main letter of www.millionmilersunited.com - thank you.

I'm open to everyone's suggestions.

And thank you to everyone -

UG

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 17935556)
Please feel free to use as little or as much of my above suggestion as you wish. Again, thanks for getting this off the ground.

I do believe asking for both the pre-2012 benefits of the PMUA program with the addition of the spouse benefit from CO would attract a majority of PMCO and PMUA elites to the cause. And it's a reasonable value proposition for the airline (it's not asking for too much).

Please re-read this because changes were made earlier that may have not been seen http://www.change.org/petitions/loya...ayed-by-united The moment I saw some of the comments on here I put them into place, before I got more signatures. I would like to say it's the same points you bring. I'm going to tweak the www.millionmilersunited.com main letter on the site tomorrow with the points you brought up.

I'm sorry for the "live" changes, but it's the only way it can be done since it has to be done this way to get everyone collectively involved.

Yours,
UG

JC1120 Feb 2, 2012 7:11 am

Originally Posted by UrbaneGent (Post 17935536)
That's why I didn't put a name to it, because I wanted this to be from the majority of us.
UG

Here's where the real problem lies - Flyertalkers don't make up the majority of MPs, and I'm even wondering if a majority of FTers really have an issue with the changes.

Bluehen1 Feb 2, 2012 7:18 am

Originally Posted by JC1120 (Post 17936668)
Here's where the real problem lies - Flyertalkers don't make up the majority of MPs, and I'm even wondering if a majority of FTers really have an issue with the changes.

We're not. I'm one FTer who is satisfied with the changes. FT is an echo chamber and there are many who think that the opinions expressed on FT are representative of the whole when it's not likely to be (of course, I have no confirmation of that). The ignorance of many frequent travelers to benefits afforded them in many programs is very high.

My situation changed last year and CR-1s and SWUs (for which I've never ever bought a W fare for my itnernational travel because I'm unwilling to play the game) aren't valuable to me. Everyone's situation and requirements are different. I was bumped up to 1MM with the recalibration (thanks to lots of flying to SYD during 2008 and DEQM) so the only thing I'm losing that would be of concern is the extra bonus miles but I'm not needing to spend them like I was in the past so it's not a big deal. If MP miles became like SkyPesos, I'd be complaining more but they're not.

flyinbob Feb 2, 2012 7:27 am

The changes themselves demonstrate the new culture at UA. Customer loyalty matters little. For the new United, it's what will you do for us TODAY, how much money will you give us today in exchange for how little service we can give you. They clearly see loyalty and loyalty rewards as an unholy necessary evil, not a marketable chance to keep a steady revenue stream. So those who are "happy" with these downgrades are being as shortsighted as United itself. Look at the overall picture, and you will see that their long-time loyal customer base means little to them, and these changes are only the beginning.

No, unless there is a complete change in management at UA, I see a shell of itself in 5 years, and the value in remaining loyal to United will be a distant memory.

nor4 Feb 2, 2012 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Bluehen1 (Post 17936711)
We're not. I'm one FTer who is satisfied with the changes. FT is an echo chamber and there are many who think that the opinions expressed on FT are representative of the whole when it's not likely to be (of course, I have no confirmation of that). The ignorance of many frequent travelers to benefits afforded them in many programs is very high.

My situation changed last year and CR-1s and SWUs (for which I've never ever bought a W fare for my itnernational travel because I'm unwilling to play the game) aren't valuable to me. Everyone's situation and requirements are different. I was bumped up to 1MM with the recalibration (thanks to lots of flying to SYD during 2008 and DEQM) so the only thing I'm losing that would be of concern is the extra bonus miles but I'm not needing to spend them like I was in the past so it's not a big deal. If MP miles became like SkyPesos, I'd be complaining more but they're not.

You're right, everyone has a different situation and reaction. Of course, if you're happy with the changes, this whole discussion is really a moot issue.

But if you are concerned with the changes, these discussions provide a sounding board to identify and suggest improvements to the planned change. That's why we have FlyerTalk - discussion of the airline industy in its many manifestations.

The online petition idea is a brilliant way to bypass the turgid bureaucracy of United and go directly to the Board with our concerns. Crafting a better petition with the help of FTers is exactly why FT is so useful.

It's interesting to hear from those who are happy, but I hope they realize that others are not.

Since this thread is concerned with the petition, do you have any siuggestions for improving it?

nor4 Feb 2, 2012 7:33 am

Originally Posted by flyinbob (Post 17936774)
The changes themselves demonstrate the new culture at UA. Customer loyalty matters little. For the new United, it's what will you do for us TODAY, how much money will you give us today in exchange for how little service we can give you. They clearly see loyalty and loyalty rewards as an unholy necessary evil, not a marketable chance to keep a steady revenue stream. So those who are "happy" with these downgrades are being as shortsighted as United itself. Look at the overall picture, and you will see that their long-time loyal customer base means little to them, and these changes are only the beginning.

No, unless there is a complete change in management at UA, I see a shell of itself in 5 years, and the value in remaining loyal to United will be a distant memory.

Since this thread is concerned with the petition, do you have any siuggestions for improving it?

Originally Posted by JC1120 (Post 17936668)

Originally Posted by Bluehen1 (Post 17936711)

Baze Feb 2, 2012 7:40 am

UrbaneGent

I see a potential huge problem with your editing the content. The people who already signed may not agree with your rewrite. I don't know how to handle it but you should probably close signing until there is a final edition posted, contact all who already signed and let them know there are rewrites and let them know they need to sign again when the final rewrite is posted. Wipe out any existing signatures so it can be a fresh start once a final version is posted. You are setting yourself up for misery if someone signed, you change what is posted and they don't agree with the changes and you submit their name or however you are planning to get UA to see the signatures. I know I would be.

bmvaughn Feb 2, 2012 8:08 am

Originally Posted by nor4 (Post 17936811)

Originally Posted by nor4 (Post 17936835)

Originally Posted by nor4 (Post 17936851)

Definition of echo chamber :)

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 17936870)
UrbaneGent

I see a potential huge problem with your editing the content. The people who already signed may not agree with your rewrite. I don't know how to handle it but you should probably close signing until there is a final edition posted, contact all who already signed and let them know there are rewrites and let them know they need to sign again when the final rewrite is posted. Wipe out any existing signatures so it can be a fresh start once a final version is posted. You are setting yourself up for misery if someone signed, you change what is posted and they don't agree with the changes and you submit their name or however you are planning to get UA to see the signatures. I know I would be.

Absolutely. Heck, if you have their email address, email them!

nor4 Feb 2, 2012 8:15 am

Definition of echo chamber:)
OR...

UrbaneGent Feb 2, 2012 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 17936870)
UrbaneGent

Hi the changes were made right at 20 signatures. All of them have been contacted and 15 responded - my secretary is waiting for five. If I don't hear from them by this evening I can delete them.

Also, keep in mind the major changes were done on www.millionmilersunited.com - there is no petition it's an open letter. From there you can go to the petition. Also, I won't post a remedy, I think that's for UA to do.

Those happy with the changes, good for you! Happy you're happy.

This is exactly what I wanted to do, have us collectively write something up and that's what happened.

I think most, not all, will be happy. I can't imagine any stone unturned.

Back to my day job.
UG

bmvaughn Feb 2, 2012 8:22 am

Originally Posted by nor4 (Post 17937100)
OR...

Hehehe. You got me :D

I'd suggest stating that some flyers prefer the rule changes, to a best future state would be to offer choices - choose upgrades OR spouse benefit. That's really the crux of the changes. Nothing else was ever noted in the rules for MM, contrary to what some have claimed, including:
* Keeping 2nd level in upgrades/tiers
* 100% bonus

UrbaneGent Feb 2, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi everyone, it's been silent in here - I set up www.millionmilersunited.com and www.change.org/member/millionmilersunited

I would like to get your support for this because something has to be vocalized instead of just sitting still. What United has done is NOT acceptable.

The only thing I didn't put is the remedy. United rang a bell, and everyone knows you can't unring a bell. Everyone has an idea of what they think should happen, but I want to state that, collectively, we are not happy.

Open to comments and suggestions. I think I have read and re-read everything over and over and have hit every major point.

My personal opinion is to split United's Mileage plus members into two camps: those happy with the program, and continue as is, and those who wish to be uncalibrated and continue on the path they were on. 1MM = the "new" 2MM, 2MM = the "new" 3 MM and 3MM = the "new" 4 MM

The companion status thing is laughable.

UG

bmvaughn Feb 2, 2012 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by UrbaneGent (Post 17940010)
Hi everyone, it's been silent in here - I set up www.millionmilersunited.com and www.change.org/member/millionmilersunited

I would like to get your support for this because something has to be vocalized instead of just sitting still. What United has done is NOT acceptable.

The only thing I didn't put is the remedy. United rang a bell, and everyone knows you can't unring a bell. Everyone has an idea of what they think should happen, but I want to state that, collectively, we are not happy.

Open to comments and suggestions. I think I have read and re-read everything over and over and have hit every major point.

My personal opinion is to split United's Mileage plus members into two camps: those happy with the program, and continue as is, and those who wish to be uncalibrated and continue on the path they were on. 1MM = the "new" 2MM, 2MM = the "new" 3 MM and 3MM = the "new" 4 MM

The companion status thing is laughable.

UG

Is it necessary to cross-post this?

oenophilist Feb 2, 2012 3:43 pm

I honestly still have issues with the letter and petition. I see that some of the content from uastarflyer's letter was incorporated, but the website still has an emotional and accusatory tone. The reason why I like uastarflyer's letter is not simply because it covered the points, but rather because it came across as more objective and focused on the business aspects of the relationship between company and customer. It was also much shorter and concise. Have you considered just using that letter as-is?

UrbaneGent Feb 2, 2012 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn (Post 17940034)
Is it necessary to cross-post this?

You are correct, moving to the main thread and will no longer be reading this one. Thanks.

As to the emotional "tone" people who read the letter are not all FlyerTalk Members, it has to have some background. Also, I feel, when a letter comes across as too "legal" it's sounds threatening, it was not my intention (to sound threatening) - it was meant to be a lovingly written letter, which it is.

No one is being attacked, earlier references made to things that happened in the past mentioned here have been taken off, and every single point uastarflyer mentioned can be connected to the petition - if it's too "fluffy" or not your style, I can appreciate your stance.

Something has to be done - our voices have to be heard, if we don't like 100% but, "you know I like 99% thru 80%, so it's okay, at least I'm going to be a part of this" - its up to you as to your threshhold of when you want to support something or not.

Oenophilist I know, by reading your previous posts, you more than most of us actual MMilers had to go through a little more to obtain your status. I really would like your support because if anyone deserves to have their voice heard is yours. If it's not exactly how you like it but enough to tip you over, I would like to have your voice included.

Thank you everyone - I'm moving this to just one thread, the main one about MM status.

Best wishes,
UG