FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1298671-mileage-plus-shopping-consolidated-mileage-posting-questions-issues.html)

view-with-a-room Dec 22, 2016 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 27651873)
I'm a bit confused here - were you actually charged $350, or were you charged $285? It reads like you were charged $350 + tax, and the shipping cost was waived, but that was deducted from your bill. I've never had issues with H&D posting correctly to my MP account, so that's definitely a new one...

I was charged $350 + tax. Yes the shipping was waived via the free shipping promo. I expected miles for $350. I did not expect miles for the tax.

Update with the two responses to date from Harry & David. United indicated a 4-8 week turnaround on the inquiry of the issue.

"According to our records, the discount was applied correctly to your order for a savings of $83.88."

and after a request to escalate to management,

"We are very sorry, but our pricing structure and company policy allow only one discount per order. The bonus miles awarded for Harry & David orders placed through your airline are considered a discount because the miles are subsidized by our company."

Neither response addresses the deficit in miles. The FREEDELIVERY promo was on the banner between United and Harry & David.

svirfnebli Dec 24, 2016 12:59 am

Similar thing happened this week through Newegg. bought a $150 graphic card that came with a free game. They billed me $110 for the card and $39 for the free game. I only got miles on the $110. Even worse it made me $30 short of the 1500 miles bonus that the portal was offering.

PsiFighter37 Dec 24, 2016 6:46 am

I've generally found customer service for MP Shopping to be responsive. I would just explain what happened and send along the receipt...imagine it should get taken care of relatively quickly.

goodeats21 Dec 24, 2016 8:49 am

At the risk of jinxing myself...I have been very pleased lately with M+ Shopping. I use it routinely and all my purchases have posted correctly and promptly.

More difficult to track promotions, as they usually take a while to issue those miles, but seems like they are good with it now as well.

Quite a change from a couple years ago. ^

PsiFighter37 Dec 24, 2016 9:23 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 27657995)
At the risk of jinxing myself...I have been very pleased lately with M+ Shopping. I use it routinely and all my purchases have posted correctly and promptly.

More difficult to track promotions, as they usually take a while to issue those miles, but seems like they are good with it now as well.

Quite a change from a couple years ago. ^

Agreed 100%. It used to be spotty (especially my purchases from Sephora, mainly for the missus), but everything has been on-point this year. One of my purchases via Bloomingdales posted literally the next day - had to be the fastest I've ever seen miles post.

eajusa Feb 12, 2017 7:32 am

I only started buying through the UA portal last year and have been amazed how quickly the miles post compared to AA and HH. Now for the first time I have concern. It has been a week since I bought a new laptop and the miles have not posted. So, I used the online contact to report. I know it hasn't been 45 days, but I don't want to wait too long to push this as I agree with the posts above. The shopping portal indicates that I used them to access the website where I bought the laptop, but no indication I made a purchase. After receiving my request I was asked to upload my receipt, which I did. Will post results as they arrive.

eajusa Feb 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Miles posted in 23 days

Well... miles are in my account as of today. So 23 days, a little longer than past experience, but half the 45 days we're supposed to accept. Also received an email that I will receive bonus miles for the Valentine's promotion. All in all still better than many of the other shopping portals.

troytos Jun 17, 2017 7:16 pm

question about mileage Plus shopping portal.

Hi Guys,

If i buy gift card from Saks thru Mileage Plus shopping portal, am i going to b able to get miles for that or it has to be just merchandise from Saks?

thanks

ctbarron Jun 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Varies a lot. Try a test and see what happens. If a straight gift card purchase doesn't a. Rue miles, try gift card + an item. It may also matter if the gift card is physical or an egift card.

diburning Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm

Does Cartera eventually claw back miles for cancelled orders? I placed an order with a merchant that cancelled my order right away because the item turned out to be out of stock. Apparently even though the order was cancelled instantly by the merchant, the transaction tracked properly, and I was credited the miles.

Originally Posted by eajusa (Post 27898372)
It has been a week since I bought a new laptop and the miles have not posted. So, I used the online contact to report. I know it hasn't been 45 days, but I don't want to wait too long to push this as I agree with the posts above. The shopping portal indicates that I used them to access the website where I bought the laptop, but no indication I made a purchase. After receiving my request I was asked to upload my receipt, which I did. Will post results as they arrive.

Was the merchant in question Dell? I purchased a laptop, waited out the 90 days (I was confused as to whether I had to wait 45 or 90 days for the status to update), so I initiated the inquiry after 90 days.

~83 days later after the initial inquiry (so over 5 months after the purchase), I finally received my miles. (Dell sucks, the Cartera agent had to escalate the case because no one at Dell would respond to them)

I just placed another order with Dell for an accessory. I wonder if I'll have to pursue it again 45 days from now.

goodeats21 Sep 1, 2017 5:19 am

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 28762935)
Does Cartera eventually claw back miles for cancelled orders? I placed an order with a merchant that cancelled my order right away because the item turned out to be out of stock. Apparently even though the order was cancelled instantly by the merchant, the transaction tracked properly, and I was credited the miles.

I have seen this go both ways. Sometimes the miles remain, sometimes they go back. If it hasn't happened in a couple weeks, odds are pretty good they stay.

PsiFighter37 Sep 1, 2017 5:36 am

They definitely can claw back miles - and even on something like exchanges. My wife exchanged clothing she ordered online from Saks because there was a loose thread. Their system captured the exact item that was returned and canceled out all of the miles (which was over 10,000). I was furious - she had exchanged for the same piece of clothing - but I had no recourse.

diburning Sep 2, 2017 1:39 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 28763768)
I have seen this go both ways. Sometimes the miles remain, sometimes they go back. If it hasn't happened in a couple weeks, odds are pretty good they stay.

It's been over a month. I guess they're going to stay (and on top of that, I'll earn the Back to School bonus from that purchase! :D )

Newgene Nov 2, 2017 4:55 am

Does anyone know if I need to do anything for the MP Shopping portal to recognize that I have a Chase MPE card? My MPE spend shows up in my MP account to track status toward my PQD waiver, but when I use MP Shopping, it only pays out at the lower rates for not having a card.

Is there something I need to do to get it to "activate," or should I call/email MP?

goodeats21 Nov 2, 2017 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Newgene (Post 29007877)
Does anyone know if I need to do anything for the MP Shopping portal to recognize that I have a Chase MPE card? My MPE spend shows up in my MP account to track status toward my PQD waiver, but when I use MP Shopping, it only pays out at the lower rates for not having a card.

Is there something I need to do to get it to "activate," or should I call/email MP?

There is no "bonus" for using a United card at the M+ Shopping portal. You get the stated miles (RDMs only - ex: 6 miles per dollar) posted from the shopping activity.

Separately, you get miles for the spend on your credit card...probably 1 mile per dollar. It is not considered as a United purchase for 1.5 or 2 miles per dollar, like if you buy an airline ticket.

There is no "bonus" PQD either.