FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1298671-mileage-plus-shopping-consolidated-mileage-posting-questions-issues.html)

IncyWincy Oct 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Pardon a newbie at this - how do I go about claiming shopping miles that do not post? Never had this problem before although I don't shop this way frequently. Thank you.

goodeats21 Oct 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy (Post 23687798)
Pardon a newbie at this - how do I go about claiming shopping miles that do not post? Never had this problem before although I don't shop this way frequently. Thank you.

No worries. On the MileagePlus shopping page, click on the "How it works" link on the left side menu. You will then see a link for "contact us".

This leads to a web form you can fill out for missing miles.

luckypierre Oct 17, 2014 9:09 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 23603638)
Make the inquiry now. The worst they can say is, "The T&C of the promo say it could be up to 8-10 weeks." If you wait too long, they'll claim they can't look at claims older than that...

The Cartera squeeze..."wait two and half months before filing your inqury" but "we can't investigate claims older than 6 months."

As the correspondent suggested, make those inquiries quickly. My experience has been they either post in short order-within 7-10 days-or they never post without a followup.

horse glasses Nov 19, 2014 10:42 pm

Has anyone gotten Kohl's miles to post ever? I just thought to check and haven't gotten miles for those in the last few Kohl's orders I've done.

livestrongforever Dec 9, 2014 9:05 pm

just a tip for those struggling for miles to post.

pause or disable your adblocker.

just ordered some stuff at sears at 29x through united portal for those that hold the united card. w00t!

exiled2tx Dec 12, 2014 9:31 am

I've given up on the portal shopping with United. Never could get credit for several transactions and kept getting the run-around as to who I should speak to.

It works slightly better with the other airlines.

exerda Mar 7, 2015 3:10 pm

Just went through and filed several more missing miles requests. It's to the point where I tag every purchase confirmation e-mail and go back on a monthly basis and review to see which ones need to be submitted.

Surprisingly, FTD miles posted promptly (I hate using FTD, but I was 10k miles away from the people I wanted to send flowers to...). But, as usual, Home Depot and Kohls online purchases require manual intervention.

IAD1k Mar 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Miles deducted from account for MP shopping

I was doing a random check of my UA MP account and noticed a deduction dated 11/9/14 for 3,900 miles (showing towards the top of my statement). That was not there a few weeks ago. I searched the entire statement and had earned miles for the same amount and same date on a MP shopping transaction with AT&T. At the time of the purchase, the miles posted correctly. I did not return the items, which I still have and use. I called MP and the most the can do is investigate with the partner. Has anyone have any similar issues with seemingly random mile deductions from MP merchants? I understand miles being deducted for a return, but this is not the case at all. Any feedback or advice is very much appreciated.

sannmann Mar 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by IAD1k (Post 24511683)
I was doing a random check of my UA MP account and noticed a deduction dated 11/9/14 for 3,900 miles (showing towards the top of my statement). That was not there a few weeks ago. I searched the entire statement and had earned miles for the same amount and same date on a MP shopping transaction with AT&T. At the time of the purchase, the miles posted correctly. I did not return the items, which I still have and use. I called MP and the most the can do is investigate with the partner. Has anyone have any similar issues with seemingly random mile deductions from MP merchants? I understand miles being deducted for a return, but this is not the case at all. Any feedback or advice is very much appreciated.

Did you reach out to MP or to Cartera? I had a similar issue with an HP order placed through MileagePlusShopping last year; Cartera was able to fix it so that I got the miles.

IAD1k Mar 15, 2015 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann (Post 24511842)
Did you reach out to MP or to Cartera? I had a similar issue with an HP order placed through MileagePlusShopping last year; Cartera was able to fix it so that I got the miles.

I called UA's 800# and chose MP, and spoke with one of the agents. I don't know what Cartera is...

sannmann Mar 15, 2015 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by IAD1k (Post 24511912)
I called UA's 800# and chose MP, and spoke with one of the agents. I don't know what Cartera is...

Cartera Commerce is the company that maintains MileagePlusShopping.com on behalf of United. If you reach out to them through their website, they should be able to help you out.

See link: https://www.mileageplusshopping.com/contact____.htm

exerda Mar 15, 2015 6:04 pm

I went to buy a couple more volumes of Rosetta Stone to practice for an upcoming trip. The difference straight from Rosetta Stone and from the Mileage Plus Shopping portal was $50--not worth it for the miles!

Steph58 Apr 15, 2015 10:14 pm

I Didn't Get It

Anyone receive this promo--email from Mileage Plus dated 11/17/14. Shop more, earn more. Spend $250-$1500 & earn 250-12,500 miles Nov-Dec. Did all my holiday shopping through the UA shopping portal--spent $1,000 and patiently waited the prerequisite 8-10 weeks for my 7,500 miles. All purchases posted, kept meticulous track on the UA shopping mall web site.

Contacted Cartera. After several back & forth emails, they claimed it was a United promo not one that they tracked. I was doubtful but called UA. Escalated to a supervisor, told to file a missing points claim. Sent copy of my targeted promo email. Nothing. Called on 4/4 was told my miles would post on 4/7. Nothing. Received a couple of "we're working on it" e-mails.

Today the response from UA is send in all of your receipts because we no longer are partnered with iGet.it. Huh? No mention of how to do this. Dreading sending all those receipts.

Then I once again pulled up the original email. Appalled to see purchases are to be made through something called iGet.it/United. OMG. I am a very savvy online shopper (or so I thought) & buy everything I can through shopping portals. Bye bye 7500 miles.

Did anyone else make this blunder . . .

gloryguy Apr 17, 2015 2:08 pm

MileagePlus Shopping will I really get 163K miles ??

I work for a IT consulting company and being I purchase all of the IT hardware for my company I have been thinking about trying this. I need to purchase 4 Seagate nas enclosures that would equal 20,396.00 I found the exact models on the shopping portal on Sears.com, it states 8 miles per dollar. Will I really get 163,168 miles? Anyone else making large purchases like this, does it really work? It seems like a lot of miles. that would be 6 round trip US flights. I purchase 200 - 300K a year and if I can find all of this stuff on the shopping portal than I could earn 2.4 million miles??

WineCountryUA Apr 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by gloryguy (Post 24680901)
I work for a IT consulting company and being I purchase all of the IT hardware for my company I have been thinking about trying this. ....

Check you company's policy on this or get the approval of a senior manager in advance. This is the sort of thing that could create problems for you, conflict of interest issues.
Miles on airlines and basic miles from credit cards are generally accepted practices but letting the personal rewards to you influence company purchasing is a very murky place to go. Surprised you are not mandated to use a company card at those spending levels.