FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Access to E+ Seating on UA Flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1274316-access-e-seating-ua-flight.html)

MKEFlyer Oct 30, 2011 7:31 am

Access to E+ Seating on UA Flight

I just booked a r/t through the CO Elite Desk 800# for me, my wife and and our 2 small kids. The outbound flight is operated by UA and the return flight is by CO. For the return flight, the CO person put all 4 of us in the CO "plus" seating based on my Silver status. For the outbound, since it is a UA flight, the CO person did not have access to UA's seat map and told me to call UA directly.

UA is telling me only me and 1 companion can get E+ seats now, not all 4 of us as per CO rules, and to ask at the airport for upgrade on day of flight.

I thought the CO and UA rules have merged so that I was treated the same regardless of which status and which plane. Who's right here?

WIRunner Oct 30, 2011 7:38 am

It is always metal based. UA 2p (equivalent to your silver status) can only bring one person in to e+. You can ask nicely and hope that the gate agent will do that for you, however, they are under no obligation to do so.

MKEFlyer Oct 30, 2011 8:39 am

thanks.

aacharya Oct 30, 2011 10:01 am

Originally Posted by MKEFlyer (Post 17360303)
thanks.

Where did you hear the CO and UA rules had merged? Or were you just hoping?

Often1 Oct 30, 2011 11:10 am

Purchase E+

Given that you are travelling with small kids, I would not risk waiting to the gate. Depending on the flight, there may be no E+ by that time. Better to purchase the E+ supplement for the kids and have all 4 of you together or don't purchase and have them move the 2 of you back to E- (or figure out whether there may be seats in E+ and E- close enough for comfort.

Remember, E+ doesn't do much for small kids because all it does is give you extra pitch.

MKEFlyer Oct 30, 2011 12:41 pm

I must have mis-heard the interim rules. Just like the extra room since I'm taller and I also like the front 1/2 of the plane if possible.

ORDnHKG Oct 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by MKEFlyer (Post 17361283)
I must have mis-heard the interim rules. Just like the extra room since I'm taller and I also like the front 1/2 of the plane if possible.

The front 1/2 of the plane on any CO planes has ZERO extra legroom at all, just like the back 1/2 of the plane, except bulkhead and exitrow.

E+ on CO won't start install til next year.

Santander Oct 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 17361428)
The front 1/2 of the plane on any CO planes has ZERO extra legroom at all, just like the back 1/2 of the plane, except bulkhead and exitrow.

E+ on CO won't start install til next year.

OP is referring to his outbound flight which is on UA.