FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Refunds for E+ / Preferred fees (upgrades, seat changes, cancellations, ...) [Merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1256126-refunds-e-preferred-fees-upgrades-seat-changes-cancellations-merged.html)

WineCountryUA Feb 11, 2024 10:56 pm

FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides

Economy Plus FAQs

Can I get a refund for my Economy Plus purchase if I no longer want it on my trip?

No. Economy Plus purchases are nonrefundable unless the ticket is refunded or canceled prior to travel.

If I buy Economy Plus seating, can I select a different Economy Plus seat prior to travel?

Yes. If the price of the new seat is equal to or less than the original purchase price then there will be no refund or additional charges. If the price of the new seat is greater than the price of the originally purchased seat, then the original price will be refunded and the new seat must be purchased in full.

Will my Economy Plus purchase be refunded if I cancel my trip?

Yes. In the event of a ticket refund or cancellation, Economy Plus purchases will be automatically refunded.

What will happen if I purchased Economy Plus seating but want to change my flights?

In the event of a voluntary change to a trip, Economy Plus purchases will be automatically refunded. If the ticket is partially used at the time of the change, only the value of the unused Economy Plus seating will be refunded.

What happens to my Economy Plus purchase if I get upgraded?

In the event of an upgrade, with some exclusions, purchased Economy Plus seating for the upgraded segment(s) will be automatically refunded. Exclusions include Complimentary Premier Upgrades and cases where a customer is reaccommodated into a seat of similar or greater value due to an aircraft change or other operational issue.

What happens if my itinerary changes due to a cancellation or schedule change?

In the event of any involuntary changes, such as rebooking due to a cancellation or schedule change, United will, if available, transfer the Economy Plus seating to your new flight(s) free of charge. If we are unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus, the Economy Plus purchase will be automatically refunded after flight departure. If you are re-accommodated on another airline per United’s policies, your purchase of Economy Plus seating for that portion of the itinerary will be automatically refunded.

I purchased Economy Plus, but I didn’t get to sit in an Economy Plus seat. Will I receive a refund?

Yes. If we are unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus, the Economy Plus purchase price will be automatically refunded after flight departure.

What is the deadline to request a refund for my Economy Plus purchase?

For Economy Plus refunds that aren’t issued automatically, you must submit your request within 90 days of the later of the following two dates: i) the date when the fee was originally paid; or ii) the flight date.If we were unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus or a seat of similar or greater value, and you received a new boarding pass, then the refund for the Economy Plus purchase price will be issued automatically. If you were not issued a new boarding pass, please submit a request through our Refunds page by the deadline specified above.

How long will it take to receive my Economy Plus refund?

Please allow up to seven business days from the date when the refund is issued for the activity to post to your credit card. If the refund does not post within one billing cycle, please contact your credit card company for information. For all other forms of payment, please allow up to 20 days for a refund to be processed. If you do not see a credit post within these time frames, please submit a refund request at united.com/refunds. All refunds are credited to the original form of payment used.
related thread : UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [2016 Consolidated]

Preferred seat refunds (changed flights, upgraded, purchased E+, ...)

Archive: Refunds for E+ / Preferred fees (upgrades, seat changes, cancellations, ...){Archive}