FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1092277-whats-stupidest-least-substantive-ua-related-thing-you-can-complain-about.html)

Aluminum tubing Jun 11, 2010 6:08 am

Originally Posted by lehms (Post 14110652)
yesterday i was reminded of another one, when you open the salad dressing there is a little "burp" of air occasionally a dressing drop will fly onto the hand i used to open the salad dressing

To prevent this just pierce a small hole in the lid with your folk then open the cover. The same tip will work for the yogurt .

Frequent Freak Jun 11, 2010 11:36 am

1. The "cheese cubes" served in some RCCs don't fit onto crackers as well as the wrapped slices of Tilamook cheese do.

2. The new white blankets really make stains show. Because I'm clumsy, FAs are clumsy and planes bounce around sometimes, I can't drink wine because it may spill. I have to drink something clear (vodka tonics) instead.

3. Few a few months a couple years back the late-night DEN-ORD had a flight number other than 258 (it was 11 hundred something, I believe). This annoyed me and confused phone agents when I asked about, for example, "my upgrade on tomorrow's 258". Thankfully, UA fixed this.

4. Speaking of DEN-ORD, I liked getting those extra 13 miles for all those years UA credited the mileage based on DEN's old location. It sucks that UA eventually figured out DEN had moved.

5. The one year I actually bother to fly 100k+ BIS miles, UA has to run two separate double EQM promotions.

kainalu Jun 13, 2010 8:33 pm

On my flight from LAX-SFO today, the FA comes through the first class cabin and hands everyone a skykit, saying "I'm sorry, we didn't have our full selection of drinks available today. You didn't ask for anything we didn't have, but if you had I would have given you this, so you might as well take it." Not that I would have been upset about not being able to sip my diet coke...

drewnyc Jun 13, 2010 10:29 pm

1) not getting channel 9
2) having some 1k/1P ordering AFTER me and taking my food selection and then being told "sorry sir, we ran out..."

doh!

130 fsw Jun 14, 2010 12:24 am

Originally Posted by drewnyc (Post 14127615)
1) not getting channel 9

Sorry, this is substantive. :td::td:

Not that being 2 for 35 mainline segments makes me bitter or anything. :rolleyes:

I am so sick of 80s on 8 or whatever it is instead of Channel 9.

playbbg Jun 14, 2010 2:39 am

Originally Posted by 130 fsw (Post 14114518)
3. UA does not put a nice plastic wrapper over the Hemispheres like LH does on their Magazin. The wrapper makes the magazine feel special ;).

ah see I flew CX for the first time yesterday (and I loved it), but the plastic wrapped mag + duty free + barf bag kind of annoyed me. I preferred separate, easy access.

hawaiisloth Jun 14, 2010 3:02 pm

I Hate the Color of the new FC Mugs

Powder Blue.

[I concede that this is about as frivolous a "complaint" as one could have.]

I always used to get coffee in a "crew cup" [i.e., styrofoam] to avoid the cup and saucer. The mug is better, but the color ....

WineCountryUA Jun 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Maybe the better thread is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ain-about.html

Actually I like the mug versus cup & saucer, who cares about the color

bschaff1 Jun 14, 2010 3:09 pm

They could've done a better job there. I saw the mugs on Saturday and didn't even think it was part of the plane it looked so out of place. I didn't get a chance to try the new mug since I was enjoying some fine beverages in the tumbler. But needless to say it looks out of place.

Now if they bring out that mug with the brown place mat that will look a lot worse. The brown by itself looks fine, but powder blue by itself is ugly IMO.

axpmaluga Jun 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 14131853)
Maybe the better thread is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ain-about.html

Actually I like the mug versus cup & saucer, who cares about the color

I agree. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

FlyinHawaiian Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 14131853)

Agreed, so off we go!

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum

jamesdenver Jun 14, 2010 4:01 pm

flt 962 DEN-SNA Friday. Before departure the captain or FO walks down the aisle, stopping to say hello to a couple kids and comments/jokes with a group of pax about the bumps/nearby storms

A lady a few rows behind me snarkily comments on how he should be busying himself with checklists in the cockpit.

Thankfully he didn't hear it.

rcheneyjr Jun 14, 2010 4:07 pm

even better, put the butter under the roll/croissant when it is brought to you...

CKinMD Jun 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Ok, this has got to be one of the smallest details to complain about....

When some FA's do the exit row briefing, they refer to it as "my" exit row, as in..."you folks are sitting in my exit row today", instead of saying you are sitting in "the" exit row.

I've also heard some GA's say that they are going to begin boarding with "my" GS, 1K and FC passengers.

I know, it's an extremely small and idiotic thing to complain about, but it does annoy me a little. It just comes off as possessive and just doesn't sound right.

Neo7200 Jun 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Can't they get the FA's to walk softer on late night flights?