FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1092277-whats-stupidest-least-substantive-ua-related-thing-you-can-complain-about.html)

gene2632 Oct 2, 2014 7:29 pm

Some of these responses are pretty funny but my response is Jeff Smisek... He fits the bill in my book.

MSPeconomist Oct 2, 2014 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by LaserSailor (Post 23580158)
GS are reminded three times, then the FA chews it for you and force feeds it

1K, only twice

Plat, only once

GS = goose, with the FA keeping the drink topped off to "help" your liver?

CMK10 Oct 2, 2014 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 23617959)
+1

What kind of person puts ice in OJ?

Me, so 29 year old Jewish law students who moved from the north to the south?

iluv2fly Oct 3, 2014 9:45 am

On my 50 percent bonus on First Class fares, if the original mileage is an odd number, the bonus is not rounded up, but rather it's rounded down. So I'm getting screwed out of a mile each time this happens.

Air Houston Oct 3, 2014 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 23617959)
+1

What kind of person puts ice in OJ?

I think in addition to the prior responder anyone who prefers watered down orange juice to luke warm orange juice. Also, most FA's. Personally I dislike ice in orange juice about as much as I dislike the taste of orange juice immediately after brushing my teeth.

ErgoTraveler Oct 4, 2014 1:29 am

That the AVOD music brouhaha has not been resolved and cannot listen to music on the long flights.

geirfugl Oct 19, 2014 7:41 pm

After having flown on UA a couple of times to what they anounce as "The Kingdom of Bahrain" aproximately 30 minutes before landing,I must say that I am extremely displeased by the uncivilised and downright rude procedure for the same when aproaching my beloved native Norway!!! Some might consider this a trifle,but believe me,-a royalist is a royalist,is,well,-enough said abouth this utterly tasteless practice,probably to much,actually!!

seanp7 Oct 19, 2014 7:59 pm

My second contribution:

The United iPhone App has "Welcome back, seanp7" on the first page, and then when I tap it for the detailed page, it has "Welcome, seanp7!"

1. The exclamation mark on the second greeting seems bizarre, insincere, and it just bothers me. Besides, no one at United would ever be that enthusiastic.
2. Stop welcoming me, I'm already in the App, you don't have to say it twice (and this isn't a Moe's).

teeceedee Oct 19, 2014 8:17 pm

The United app in iPad doesn't have a landscape mode... that's always bugged me

riphamilton Oct 21, 2014 8:13 am

no rhapsody playing in the ORD B-C tunnel this morning.

JVPhoto Oct 21, 2014 8:47 pm

The lack of the plural "days" in FareLock.

"No thanks, hold my reservation for 7-day.
Yes, automatically purchase my reservation in 7-day at the end of my FareLock."

PV_Premier Oct 21, 2014 9:14 pm

for some reason the mobile website is refusing to show me the BF and GF load for my flight on friday, so i have to be troubled to log into expert mode and check the numbers :mad: :)

lskohn Oct 22, 2014 7:07 am

Originally Posted by riphamilton (Post 23710660)
no rhapsody playing in the ORD B-C tunnel this morning.

Thank heavens! :D But can you imagine the FT thread if they substituted a different tune??!!

LaserSailor Oct 22, 2014 7:21 am

Originally Posted by lskohn (Post 23715785)
Thank heavens! :D But can you imagine the FT thread if they substituted a different tune??!!

"Take these miles and shove it..."

By Jeff Paycheck

CMH500 Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Shrinking cheese

I noticed in the UC today that the packages of cheese have shrunk by 33%. What was a two bite 3/4 oz package of cheese is now a very thin 1/2 oz package.