FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   to the ua employees working on thanksgiving (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1020969-ua-employees-working-thanksgiving.html)

goalie Nov 23, 2013 11:37 am

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 12883438)
yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so i would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline

Time for the annual bump to say thank you for all that you do :)

UAL4life Nov 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 12883438)
yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so i would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline

Cheers Goalie well said!!

Pat89339 Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 21839246)

Absolutely! It's been a difficult year for many of us.

And an extra special hug to my UA angel for the help in fixing my flights so Mom89339 who broke 3 ribs this week can travel in relative comfort without being poked in her ribs and we will be able to spend Thanksgiving together.

coutura Nov 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Thanks to all the UA employees who are helping me to get to Turkey on Turkey day!

docbert Nov 25, 2013 12:02 am

Originally Posted by coutura (Post 21848512)
Thanks to all the UA employees who are helping me to get to Turkey on Turkey day!

And those helping me get back from there on the same day :)

garydpdx Nov 25, 2013 12:12 am

My thanks to UA and AC staff who help me to join friends in the US for American Thanksgiving!

DanTravels Nov 25, 2013 1:35 am

I'll add my voice to those flying the friendly skies this turkey day - actually a quick MR starting late the evening before, but the vast majority of the trip will take place on Thanksgiving. This thread actually reminded me to check seats, and I got to move up a few rows on my first flight. Since I'm a lowly silver doing the MR to get to gold, I have to wait 'til the day before to see if I get any upgrades or to at least get E+ seats.

LaserSailor Nov 25, 2013 5:14 am

Thanks again for getting me around all year!

eng3 Nov 25, 2013 7:39 am

I will actually be flying on thanksgiving day and plan to give a thanks.
I flew on thanksgiving night last year (in F on ORD-PHL). I joked to the FA "what no turkey?" She said "we have one on board but its for the crew, you'd be surprised what you can do in these ovens"

jchiguy1 Nov 25, 2013 8:25 am

Thank you to all the hard working PAX friendly folks at United and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

snowed Nov 28, 2013 11:31 am

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 21839246)

^ for bumping Goalie.

Would also like to add my heartfelt thank you to everyone at UA. All of those magical moments would not have been possible without you.

BayAreaTraveler Nov 28, 2013 11:47 am

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 21850199)
I will actually be flying on thanksgiving day and plan to give a thanks.
I flew on thanksgiving night last year (in F on ORD-PHL). I joked to the FA "what no turkey?" She said "we have one on board but its for the crew, you'd be surprised what you can do in these ovens"

They should! It just doesn't seem right not to serve turkey to paxs on turkey day.

milepig Nov 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by BayAreaTraveler (Post 21869735)
They should! It just doesn't seem right not to serve turkey to paxs on turkey day.

On LH premium cabins they have goose as an option for all of November and December.

FlyinHawaiian Nov 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Standard p.s. menu for my Thanksgivukkah lunch today. That being said, I am thankful to all the UA employees who are working today so I can spend the holiday with my family.

freshairborne Nov 28, 2013 12:46 pm

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

I am actually off today so far, more or less. My fleet, seat, and crew base has less flying these days, thus putting more of us on reserve, (me, for instance). As luck would have it, the crew desk has not called me so far, so it looks like I've got my first Thanksgiving at home in years!

My thanks to all our passengers that fly United, the other UA employees who are working today, and especially to my fellow crewmembers that didn't get sick, break a jet, misconnect, etc, which kept me fhome with my wife today!

FAB