Search

American Airlines - Cheap London Deal $383 Rtn Flights/3nts Hotel/Transfers/Tax

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

American Airlines - Cheap London Deal $383 Rtn Flights/3nts Hotel/Transfers/Tax

Britain - Get Ready And Go!

We've got low, low prices to London, England that include roundtrip airfare, 3 or 6 night hotel stays, arrival transfers, 2-for-1 dining discounts and more! Hurry - check the latest rates now! Book today for travel to London between now and April 2, 2005. This is a limited time offer, subject to availability and may be withdrawn at anytime without notice.

For complete details, visit AAVacations.com at:

http://aavacations.com/specials/mp_e...A.asp?ADID=NE1
Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:24 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
I think it includes hotel tax and not airfare tax...
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdhenry
I think it includes hotel tax and not airfare tax...
Yes, when I re-read it I think you may be correct. That's sneaky!
We all pay the taxes, they should only be allowed to include the actual price in an advertisement, otherwise it is difficicult to compare,
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:03 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
I ran a sample booking and it came out a few hundred dollars higher (for two) than the deal seemed to imply. I think this was the tax but it was also very hard to determine whether I was getting the base price (before airfare tax) that was advertised. I never saw a "before taxes" price on the sample.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:21 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by pdhenry
I ran a sample booking and it came out a few hundred dollars higher (for two) than the deal seemed to imply. I think this was the tax but it was also very hard to determine whether I was getting the base price (before airfare tax) that was advertised. I never saw a "before taxes" price on the sample.
Probably is. The taxes on a US-London fare come out over US$100 these days from what I remember in pricing them a couple years ago.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I priced out a sample trip for two. Mid-week departures, coming out of JFK. It still came in at about $750.

One more thing: the free airport transfer is Heathrow to the hotel -- you get back to LHR on your own. Hmmmmm.

Still, overall, not too bad of a deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.