FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   U.K. and Ireland (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/)
-   -   Local lockdowns in the UK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/2025295-local-lockdowns-uk.html)

Goldorak May 28, 2023 8:11 am

Originally Posted by DaveS (Post 35279467)
I cannot think of anywhere you can fly to from LHR that requires a test for entry. There are still a few countries that require it in lieu of vaccination, but not with routes from LHR.

No flight to China from LHR ?

NWIFlyer May 28, 2023 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 35285008)

The test requirement for China is a self-declaration, so does not require a testing centre.

plunet May 28, 2023 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 35285008)

There are several, about 40-ish a week at the moment.

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 35285198)
The test requirement for China is a self-declaration, so does not require a testing centre.

It's been like that for several weeks already. A flight between the UK and China is at the moment more likely to be bringing COVID to the UK, China is experiencing a 2nd wave of COVID at the moment.

stifle May 29, 2023 10:19 am

Originally Posted by alex67500 (Post 35277298)
And maybe with that, we could ask the mods to close this thread and confine it to the realm of bad memories?

Agreed. All 503 pages of them.

plunet May 29, 2023 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 35287464)
Agreed. All 503 pages of them.

Depends how you have your pagination configured. It's 671 pages for me, which is about half a first edition of "War and peace"

DaveS Jun 1, 2023 12:26 pm

The usefulness of the data provided by HMG continues to decline. Fortunately so do the important figures. So far this week the only useful data published is that deaths have fallen 10% week on week. There is a data issue that affects the other metrics which they may resolve for next week. Either way, I feel we are close to wrapping this up at last.

KARFA Jun 1, 2023 12:30 pm

Thank you for your data update posts :tu:

Can we call on your services again during the next pandemic? ;)

DaveS Jun 8, 2023 2:16 pm

What little data is lesft to report is still going the right way:

England cases down 27.1% week on week
England deaths down 7.4% week on week

DaveS Jun 15, 2023 1:49 pm

I do wonder if HMG are going to officially end the data releases or just let it fall apart. No cases data this week and most of the other data has not been updated, with a vague promise of something next week. With things continuing to go the right way, I think it is time to end this and allow this thread to quietly drop away. The FT covid forum has been demoted to somewhere in the travel health section yesterday. Not that it has had many posts in the last few months. Stay safe everyone!

NWIFlyer Jun 18, 2023 10:35 am

Looks like the latter. The dates of the metrics no longer align, not just by days but by weeks.

If I look at my Tier 2 local authority infection rate, one method (using the maps) puts the rate at 9.5 based on 10 infections - correct for the population.

If I directly put my postcode in it reports to Tier 2 level rather than resolving to the town, which it's done for several weeks, and has that at 9 infections with a day difference in data. Apparently this translates to an infection rate of zero ...

So I agree, database links are clearly broken, the data is to most intents and purposes useless, there's near-zero prospect of returning to any sort of restrictions or testing regime, and we're probably all wasting our time and bandwidth even downloading what's there.